Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea 0 - 1 Leicester Post Match

1 minute ago, yks said:

Well, we're top half, so what you just said is wrong in one way or another.
Either we can, either we absolutely don't turn in turgid performances on a weekly basis.

9th currently aren’t we?

Not sure i understand your post?

Edited by MPH

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

rebuilding a side takes time indeed. But gone are the days when you can turn in turgid performances on a weekly basis in the process- especially if you are hoping for a top half prem finish. 

We are thirteen points clear of the bottom 3, two points shy of 6th.

Completely acceptable for a team in transition.

• Like 4

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

So we only improved cus Chelsea played shitter?

What sort of bullshit reach is this? 

By your own logic every single team that has a better 2nd half is the result of the opposition playing worse? 

It takes all kinds of mental gymnastics to come to that conclusion, 

We soaked up pressure and allowed them to attack first half, to attack them in the first half can easily lead to conceding and then Chelsea sitting back with home advantage and making it impossible for us to break them down. 

We did the right thing and CP set us up perfectly for a 2nd half winner. 

As the clock ticked down Chelsea went for the win it opened up space, we were so defensively solid they even brought Giroud on. 

Would you seriously be telling our players that they have to counter attack a high pressing Chelsea team that has us on the back foot?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

You think it’s healthy making 2 3 4 or 5 changes every match? Pick your settled best 11 and stick until it needs changing! Bit of a silly question that!

But you think picking the same 11 regardless of,opponent and tactics being faced is wise then?

Some absolutely superb performances by certain individuals today to a tempo and ferocity we’ve not seen in a while, toss up between Chilwell and Ricardo for MOTM !

Great team performance Kasper save us as well with some superb saves, Proud to hell of our squad today delivered a beautiful scalp and kept world class players in their pockets at times an outclassed them today !

I FUCHIN LOVE THIS FOOTBALL CLUB !!??????????????

Edited by justfoxes

14 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Only if you’re Fickle! You can’t change your mind back after one game! Credit for the win,let’s see if he can keep a settled team now and carry on a decent run.

So when he changes the side v Man City your be on his case again? 3 games in 8 days of course there will be changes and with Man C losing today and Liverpool winning they will be out for 3pts at all costs for me rest those that require it and go full strength v Cardiff. 

• Like 2

Just now, MPH said:

9th currently aren’t we?

Yep, 2 points from 6th (before the MU game) and 13 above relegation line.
I had to check twice because I don't stop reading in here that we are terrible weeks after weeks and that Puel is leading us towards relegation.
I must have dreamed all of that.

Incredibly happy with that. Has set me up for a very happy Xmas. 

It's just one game – and we rode our luck – but for someone who has backed Puel to be given until the end of the season, I'm happy his formation and tactics worked magnificently today. 

Hamza had Hazard in his pocket, Ricardo played out of his skin, Chilwell was class in both ends and Maguire coming back has made Wes look like the man mountain he was partnering Huth during THAT season. As for Madison and Vardy – what a pair! 

Hats off to the lads. Hope they have a great Xmas day with their families – they've earned it after today. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

But you think picking the same 11 regardless of,opponent and tactics being faced is wise then?

For the most part yes, I understand if you have a difficult away game or a cup tie to rest players but I absolutely don’t condone 2 to 3 changes every game especially after a win!

Edited by elvisfmcfly

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

We are thirteen points clear of the bottom 3, two points shy of 6th.

Completely acceptable for a team in transition.

the season hasn’t finished yet, Buce.

we had lost a few positions recently and had played badly. i’m simply saying that can’t continute if you have expectations of a top half finish, being in transition isn’t a good enough excuse.

Edited by MPH

3 minutes ago, yks said:

Yep, 2 points from 6th (before the MU game) and 13 above relegation line.
I had to check twice because I don't stop reading in here that we are terrible weeks after weeks and that Puel is leading us towards relegation.
I must have dreamed all of that.

i wasnt aware of anyone saying that.

3 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

So when he changes the side v Man City your be on his case again? 3 games in 8 days of course there will be changes and with Man C losing today and Liverpool winning they will be out for 3pts at all costs for me rest those that require it and go full strength v Cardiff. 

Depends how many changes and I’m not particularly taking about the busy Christmas period. 

Just now, MPH said:

the season hasn’t finished yet, Buce.

we had lost a few positions recently and had played badly. i’m simply saying that can’t continute if you have expectations of a top half finish, being in transition isn’t a god enough excuse.

Sure.

And when it has, then will be the time to look at whether he should stay or go, not halfway through the job.