Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dorkingfox

Celtic Fans

4 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I've NEVER been to England and not had someone be extremely rude to me about being Scottish.

Last time I was told to straight up "fVck off back to scotland"

I live in England now but have never had anything but banter. Most people love the fact I'm Scottish. There will ofcourse be a few idiots out there but I'd say you've just been unlucky. 

6 hours ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

it's not hard to fill a stadium when you never lose 

The difference is that we are currently the 14th wealthiest club, so bold bids are to be expected, does not mean they will sign, but Celtic, currently, do not have the money to make any kind of bid for any half decent players. They need to bring in players and develop them, no bad thing, helps the cash flow. All teams will struggle to turn the eyes of players away from the richest clubs.

12 hours ago, Babylon said:

Point us, size matters not. Otherwise those teams would be in the top 10. 

Size helps massively though, but what matters is investment. It's no surprise that the teams with the biggest budget usually win. And that's where Celtic would nail it. The world, particularly the Americans, have a weird fetish for the Irish. Put an Irish themed club in one of the most marketable leagues in the world? American billionaires would be queueing up to get a part of the action

12 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Size helps massively though, but what matters is investment. It's no surprise that the teams with the biggest budget usually win. And that's where Celtic would nail it. The world, particularly the Americans, have a weird fetish for the Irish. Put an Irish themed club in one of the most marketable leagues in the world? American billionaires would be queueing up to get a part of the action

American investors don't really rule the roost though do they, it's all about Russia and the middle and far east when it comes to serious investment now. Granted Liverpool are top of the league now, but how long have the Americans been in there and still not won anything

19 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I am confused.  Celtic play in Scotland right?   

26 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I am confused.  Celtic play in Scotland right?   

They do, but they are Irish themed, surely no-one is going to argue that?

33 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

American investors don't really rule the roost though do they, it's all about Russia and the middle and far east when it comes to serious investment now. Granted Liverpool are top of the league now, but how long have the Americans been in there and still not won anything

That's about amount put in though, not nationality.

4 hours ago, The Doctor said:

They do, but they are Irish themed, surely no-one is going to argue that?

That's about amount put in though, not nationality.

Well they play in green, have a shamrock on their shirts, but they are 'Scottish' Club affiliated to the SFA.  

Anyway, there is no chance they will ever be allowed in the EPL, so no American Millionaire is likely to come in and Bankroll them, even Sir Rod Stewart is not that stupid. 

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

Scottish football.

Well ABSOLUTE dog turd.

Celtic Is like having the current Bournemouth squad in the championship.

Nothing else Celtic and rangers would struggle in a full season in the championship.

They would not get promoted straight away.

With the money clubs have in this country, they'd be top 6 easily because both of them could attract top players with financial backing.

As for the SPL being "dog turd", it's not true. Plenty of players come down here and make the PL look easy - two players from Scottish football play in Liverpool's defence, for example.

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

So, you don't understand what themed means? :unsure: no-one is saying they're not a Scottish club.

Yep - Got it ...............  and the Boston Celtics are an Irish Themed Scottish Basketball Team playing in the American NBA:ph34r:.

When I was a kid, I thought it was Hibernian who were the true Irish club formed by Irish people. My mum (91) is from Mhaigh Eo so I am not just making it up.

Celtic were Scottish but obvious took on the ROI themes because of their religious leanings.

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

With the money clubs have in this country, they'd be top 6 easily because both of them could attract top players with financial backing.

As for the SPL being "dog turd", it's not true. Plenty of players come down here and make the PL look easy - two players from Scottish football play in Liverpool's defence, for example.

2 players ??? 

Thanks for that lol

8 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

2 players ??? 

Thanks for that lol

That’s what I call an example. What do you want me to do list every decent player that’s moved down here from Scotland?

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

That’s what I call an example. What do you want me to do list every decent player that’s moved down here from Scotland?

Just saying it wouldn't take long to draw up a list that's all.

Yes they have the odd good player. Rare but yes they do.

When they do they play either in the championship or premier league.

Not the Scottish league.

Hense why I said Scottish football is dog turd.

I didn't say Scottish players.

But like I said if they are ok or good enough they come to England to play because in Scotland they won't get better playing Sunday league football.

There is 2 maybe 3 teams challenging for a title that is championship football standard.

Anyone else watching the Old Firm Punch-up?  Will be interesting to see how Benkovic fairs against a  ‘proper’ Team.

Some Twats cannot even respect the 1 minutes silence...

On 27/12/2018 at 19:21, BoyJones said:

When I was a kid, I thought it was Hibernian who were the true Irish club formed by Irish people. My mum (91) is from Mhaigh Eo so I am not just making it up.

Celtic were Scottish but obvious took on the ROI themes because of their religious leanings.

Celtic was formed by a Irish priest ajs Catholic immigrants 

Hibs were formed earlier that’s true and Celtic followed their example 

46 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Anyone else watching the Old Firm Punch-up?  Will be interesting to see how Benkovic fairs against a  ‘proper’ Team.

Some Twats cannot even respect the 1 minutes silence...

getting stick now for being too soft and going off in an old firm lol