Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Robert Huth

29 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Have to pull you up here, Albrighton wasn't fit. We coached the **** out of him for months until his fitness was adequate and he went from weedy winger made of glass to a powerhouse who can play 90 minutes 3 times a week, at 100% intensity without ever getting injured.

Huth is a legend. Brilliant player. Arguably our finest ever signing.

Was he completely unfit when he arrived then? I always thought they fell out

50 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Have to pull you up here, Albrighton wasn't fit. We coached the **** out of him for months until his fitness was adequate and he went from weedy winger made of glass to a powerhouse who can play 90 minutes 3 times a week, at 100% intensity without ever getting injured.

Huth is a legend. Brilliant player. Arguably our finest ever signing.

"finest ever signing", what since 1884? I don't think so. Huth was undoubtedly a gifted player but in the overall scheme of things there are far more worthy of the finest ever title.

1 hour ago, Bryn said:

That's interesting I'd never heard that. He made a few appearances in 2014 and looked quite handy, but that would certainly explain a lot because he wasn't getting game time at Villa. As a matter of interest, how do you know this?

22 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

Totally 100%

I was at the Emirates for his debut (I think it was his debut)

I was I the home end and he completely changed us.

Played well but we're 2-0 down at half time - the home fans were so cocky at half time and Ian Wright did a half time pitch thingy and all was well with the home fans.

2nd half, we came right back at them and Estaban was totally pulling the strings.

Got 1 back and kramaric was unlucky not to level.

Their fans were screaming out for the final whistle.

Although we lost , I knew were had a great chance of staying up at that point.

That, I believe, was due to Huth.

The rest is history, but that run in of that season, was something else❤️

I was at that game. First glimpse of what was to come over the next fifteen months. Our performance that day was unlike anything I’d ever witnessed from a Leicester side.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, F1_AN said:

The captain on the pitch who as others have said made Morgan look half decent. 

got to stop  you there, Pal.

Morgan has been an excellent defender for us with many different defensive pairings  and has been a rock for us for a long time.

What i imagine you meant to say was that Morgan was starting to feel overwhelmed and was possibly cracking under  the pressure of not getting the cover/support needed from the midfield the season and having another strong defender come in was a help to him.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MPH said:

got to stop  you there, Pal.

Morgan has been an excellent defender for us with many different defensive pairings  and has been a rock for us for a long time.

What i imagine you meant to say was that Morgan was starting to feel overwhelmed and was possibly cracking under  the pressure of not getting the cover/support needed from the midfield the season and having another strong defender come in was a help to him.

No your imagination is wrong 

• 2 years later...