Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City H Post Thread 2-1

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

Having players like Hamza & Ricardo on the pitch give Puel so much freedom to change the formation.

Both had excellent games ..   but then again who didn’t !!    Ricardo was a great signing ...   I was just singing his praises two minutes before he unleashed  THAT shot ...    

Went into that game expecting to be on the back foot for most of it and thinking any points on top of the three at Chelsea were a bonus. That was an outstanding team performance for the second successive fixture. Yes City were off colour, but we hassled them and made it difficult for them and scored one good team goal. Then a monster hit from Ricardo to win it. Happy days!

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Can thank our recruitment for that one. We're a much better "group" with less reliance on a single player.  Even though Riyad is a brilliant player. 

Exactly that. It feels strange to say, but I do think we are in a much better place. If he has been badly injured and out for a while, we would have been in a right mess with the squad we had before. Just can’t help wondering what it would have been like with him playing in front of Ric... 4-3-3 would have suited him more as well. But it is what it is... just wish he had gone to a team that appreciated him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

That Delph red card shouldn't even be a foul. Great couple of results, struggling to believe we've managed those two back to back, fantastic performances.

Will they have time to appeal? They are going to be in a right mess going into the Liverpool game. 

Just now, rachhere said:

Will they have time to appeal? They are going to be in a right mess going into the Liverpool game. 

I imagine that with the current laws appealing it would be futile anyway, I just think they're a bit silly.

9 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

That Delph red card shouldn't even be a foul. Great couple of results, struggling to believe we've managed those two back to back, fantastic performances.

Caught the player like Vardy against Wolves, the ref was unsighted and took the advice of the linesman a few feet away

8 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Exactly that. It feels strange to say, but I do think we are in a much better place. If he has been badly injured and out for a while, we would have been in a right mess with the squad we had before. Just can’t help wondering what it would have been like with him playing in front of Ric... 4-3-3 would have suited him more as well. But it is what it is... just wish he had gone to a team that appreciated him. 

Their fans don’t for a start

After the dramas and tensions of the last 8 days there needs to be some sensible actions in order to insure the Cardiff game has the same kind of intensity. A day or two off, a dedicated focus on rehydration and rest, massage perhaps and watch the footage of the Man City game to appreciate just how it was achieved. As for the players, I hope they can take it easy too.

Just now, The Doctor said:

Eh? He went high and powerful into Ricardo's leg. It's a leg breaker if it's planted. Dreadful tackle and if they appeal they're off their rocker

He had to stretch to clear the ball, and did so successfully. I don't think you should be penalised for that.

5 minutes ago, rachhere said:

With Riyad and Ricardo behind him, we'd likely be ahead of Man U and right around Chelsea and Arsenal in the table. I think a good number of those draws become wins with Riyad, he would've thrived for us playing this style, and at a minimum, we'd have been beating relegation fodder like Fulham and Burnley, likely teams like Palace and West Ham as well.

9 minutes ago, rachhere said:

We were almost over reliant on the Vardy-Mahrez link with little else to combat defences. Now we have threats all over the pitch.

Yeah, one can wonder what it'd be like with Vardy, Mahrez, Maddison, Gray with Ricardo and Chilwell.

Think he was growing in a city shirt, but has lost form lately. They're almost too saturated in attacking players, but lack defensive players. For pep its a really off balance squad

1 hour ago, LesterHall said:

We actually outplayed Chealsea and Man City. What is happening?

It's simple we did not play the boring negative system that Puel had been insisting on and the players responded to a man. I just hope Puel now gets the message and plays to our natural strengths.

• Haha 1

Anyone wondering how we've suddenly changed style of football, just wait until Saturday when we've got to break down 11 men behind the ball again. All that's changed is we've finally had the bollocks to go and beat teams in the top 6. Massive confidence boost and perhaps we are evolving, certainly not going to complain. BLUE ARMY!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

I imagine that with the current laws appealing it would be futile anyway, I just think they're a bit silly.

Kevin Kilbane on the BBC called it a terrible tackle and from my seat, I'd have to agree with him.

He follow though with the intention of injuring another player; the law states;

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.