Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City H Post Thread 2-1

1 hour ago, Livid said:

Really enjoyed it today, had better mince pies  :unsure:, but came away from a home game happier than I have been in a long time.

I never thought Chilwell would make it at left back and earlier this season I said exactly the same about Ricardo at right back. They've both proved me massively wrong.

Fantastic performance from every one of them.

Anyone else currently playing that you don't think will make it? :P

• Haha 4

Anyone watched tunnel cam and a bit embarrassed by the Lcfc mascots queuing outside the away changing room getting all the Man City autographs ?  Even one set on an Lcfc shirt ! 

Unless they are intending auctioning it for charity it’s completely ‘small club syndrome’

I think I can hear the parent saying stuff like ‘welcome to Leicester raheem’ ..... I mean really ??????

53 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

I know what you mean. 

Having said that Puel spent the entire pre-season and first part of this season trying to set us up as a 4-2-3-1 side. 

Then after Vardy publicly complains about his system and the papers report he’s on the verge of being sacked, he suddenly changes to a 4-3-3? 

Personally I struggle to believe this was all part of some grand plan...

More likely that he mixed things up because he felt he had to and it’s worked. 

Don’t get me wrong, he deserves credit for trying it...but for me this seems a case of necessity being the mother of invention. 

An those that went before him who were accused of not being flexible were damned when they didnt.

And puel be damned when he did. 

Im sure there's a message in there somewhere.

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

System and personnel changes to be expected against Cardiff.

I think so and it wouldn't be unreasonable. Players have to learn to play with different players and formations and whilst this is going on with such a young bunch of players,  we shouldn't be too surprised with a bit of inconsistency.  Our last two victories were against teams with some world class players with the confidence and belief to come onto us. They were occasionally prone to the counter attack. Having seen that,  how do we think Warnock will line up against us? Different games can be difficult in different way. Don't think Cardiff will be as entertaining nor do I think exactly the same team and formation would necessarily be appropriate. If we didn't set up the same and win it's all part of the learning process.

25 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

As an aside, Man City fans are a bunch of weirdos aren't they? Still upset about us sacking Ranieri despite it clearly being the correct decision, the man who made the decision now being deceased and the hypocrisy of them sacking Mancini less than a year after winning their first title for 50 years.

Funny that that was about the last we heard from them today, hope you enjoyed your journey home lads!

Fairly sure they are the only club to sing about Ranieri to us, very odd. 

• Like 3

By the way (and apologies if someone else has mentioned this already), but how bad was Raheem Sterling today?! He lost the ball so many times during the first half that Man City all but stopped giving it to him in the second. Such an overrated player.

Edited by Hammo

1 hour ago, 49er said:

Man City fans' forum:

This is the time when Mahrez should have shown his worth, he's gone missing in action, sorry but he simply is not mentally strong enough for a top side

Get Riyad back!

The two games against us exposed him tbf.

Fuchs in the cup game and Chilwell today had him in their pockets, Riyad is very much a one dimensional player.

1 hour ago, 49er said:

Another quote:

FULLY AGREE MAHREZ WASTE OF MONEY

There's very, very few that are happy with Mahrez on Blue Moon. I don't follow the blue half of Manchester but I do peek at their lineup every now and then (dream team reasons). I must be wrong but nearly every time I look, Mahrez seems to be a sub. I don't really know how anyone can get into a rhythm when they snatch game time here and there. Could be totally wrong though. 

Either way, I wouldn't have goaded him today. I'll just enjoy the two victories for what they are. Looking forward to MOTD as I thought I wouldn't be watching it over Christmas!!!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mickey O'Neil said:

There's very, very few that are happy with Mahrez on Blue Moon. I don't follow the blue half of Manchester but I do peek at their lineup every now and then (dream team reasons). I must be wrong but nearly every time I look, Mahrez seems to be a sub. I don't really know how anyone can get into a rhythm when they snatch game time here and there. Could be totally wrong though. 

Either way, I wouldn't have goaded him today. I'll just enjoy the two victories for what they are. Looking forward to MOTD as I thought I wouldn't be watching it over Christmas!!!!!!

Always felt that Man City' style - 3,000 passes before you get to the edge of the penalty box - would not suit Riyad. He's most effective when give the ball early to run at defenders. That's not how Pep's teams play, so not sure where Riyad goes from here. Bring him back! Imagine if they came in for Chilwell (how on earth does someone like Delph play for a side that is supposedly challenging for the Champions League?) and offered us Riyad in exchange plus £10m - would you go for it?

9 minutes ago, Hammo said:

By the way (and apologies if someone else has mentioned this already), but how bad was Raheem Sterling today?! He lost the ball so many times during the first half that Man City all but stopped giving it to him in the second. Such an overrated player.

And so my wife's curse continues ;) :D :P  (Swapping Salah for Sterling really isn't looking that great atm :D )

2 minutes ago, 49er said:

Always felt that Man City' style - 3,000 passes before you get to the edge of the penalty box - would not suit Riyad. He's most effective when give the ball early to run at defenders. That's not how Pep's teams play, so not sure where Riyad goes from here. Bring him back! Imagine if they came in for Chilwell (how on earth does someone like Delph play for a side that is supposedly challenging for the Champions League?) and offered us Riyad in exchange plus £10m - would you go for it?

Considering Chilwell's age 21, and being an Egland Int regular,And the best left back in the league.

I'd say his price is currently 80 to 100 million.

But I would take Nahrez back if the opportunity presented itself.

2 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

And so my wife's curse continues ;) :D :P  (Swapping Salah for Sterling really isn't looking that great atm :D )

He's vastly overrated along with the likes of Stones, Walker and Ederson. The latter is a bit like Jo Hart - when you have, on average, one shot to save because your side is so dominant even I could look like a world class keeper. When Hart went to West Ham and Burnley he looks what he is - a very average keeper.

Just now, Clever Fox said:

Considering Chilwell's age 21, and being an Egland Int regular,And the best left back in the league.

I'd say his price is currently 80 to 100 million.

But I would take Nahrez back if the opportunity presented itself.

My question was would you effectively swap Chilwell for Mahrez + some cash?

40 minutes ago, MPH said:

we’ve got to build on this. anything other than 4-3-3 next match would be a backwards step...

same team also... if everyone is fit and ready to play!

Different teams bring different problems demanding different solutions. Having noted our last two wins do you think Warnock will play like Man City etc leaving them potentially vulnerable on the break. I predict they'll try and do to us what we did to Man City and Chelsea. So do we need 3 defensive midfielders for a team that will most likely sit back? Slavishly playing the same players in the same formation for every occasion makes for Shakespeare type management. 

Edited by volpeazzurro