Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City H Post Thread 2-1

32 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think so and it wouldn't be unreasonable. Players have to learn to play with different players and formations and whilst this is going on with such a young bunch of players,  we shouldn't be too surprised with a bit of inconsistency.  Our last two victories were against teams with some world class players with the confidence and belief to come onto us. They were occasionally prone to the counter attack. Having seen that,  how do we think Warnock will line up against us? Different games can be difficult in different way. Don't think Cardiff will be as entertaining nor do I think exactly the same team and formation would necessarily be appropriate. If we didn't set up the same and win it's all part of the learning process.

I’d expect warnock to let us have the ball, unfortunately I don’t think they’ll come and go for it :(

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 49er said:

He's vastly overrated along with the likes of Stones, Walker and Ederson. The latter is a bit like Jo Hart - when you have, on average, one shot to save because your side is so dominant even I could look like a world class keeper. When Hart went to West Ham and Burnley he looks what he is - a very average keeper.

Yes, but the problem there isn't about what we think about them, is what the people deciding the fantasy scores think about them :P  (Still glad I stuck with Hazard, I guess...)

Bluemoon forum is hilarious, so many Man City fans seem to think that they are being picked on by the FA and that Delphs tackle wasn't a red card, and that apparently Ricardo "ran" onto Delphs foot... there is no way Delph did not see Ricardo also coming in for that ball, he knew exactly what he was doing.

Just now, moore_94 said:

Bluemoon forum is hilarious, so many Man City fans seem to think that they are being picked on by the FA and that Delphs tackle wasn't a red card, and that apparently Ricardo "ran" onto Delphs foot... there is no way Delph did not see Ricardo also coming in for that ball, he knew exactly what he was doing.

Man City are a dirty side. They kicked us all over the shop in the first half.

Man City fans are arseholes. Used to be a decent bunch but all his money, pretty football and winning things has got to their heads. Sore losers. Never seen so many bitter people outside after the game. Lots of them wanting fights. Arseholes. 

• Like 2

Jurgen Klopp joked that he thought that the Anfield fans' wild reactions to Leicester City's goal against Manchester City were for his Liverpool side's win over Newcastle United.

Ricardo Pereira dented Man City's title challenge with a stunning winner at the King Power Stadium, and Anfield witnessed scenes of jubilation as news of Leicester’s goal filtered through with around 10 minutes of normal time remaining.

But Klopp has revealed he thought the fans were reacting to his team’s performance.

The Liverpool boss told reporters: “No, I thought it was because of us! I’m really naive, I thought that is really nice, thank you very much!

"It is fine, atmosphere for Boxing Day, people coming from all over, around the world to watch, the atmosphere was really good and exceptional in that moment. But I thought it was because of us.”

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

A defensive line-up against Cardiff?

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

We can't keep playing the same team, that just can't happen. 

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Different teams bring different problems demanding different solutions. Having noted our last two wins do you think Warnock will play like Man City etc leaving them potentially vulnerable on the break. I predict they'll try and do to us what we did to Man City and Chelsea. So do we need 3 defensive midfielders for a team that will most likely sit back? Slavishly playing the same players in the same formation for every occasion makes for Shakespeare type management. 

i here what you are saying about the formation, but it’s possible to play the same formation but tweak the roles a bit more... like more pressing.. give the front three permission to stay up a bit more 

and babs i guess what i am saying is to not just change things for the sake of it... we have a fantastic chance now to build some momentum and continuity is the key to that- we have played very well and people have gotten to know their roles very easily so i’d definitely not want puel to make changes unless he really needed to.

Edited by MPH

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

We can't keep playing the same team, that just can't happen. 

People keep saying this but we won the league by playing the same team game in game out pretty much. 

We don’t have any other competitions going on at the minute so there is no reason it couldnt happen. 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Having watched it again on MOTD in slow motion it was synical and dangerous. Delph's boot was high, in fact he hit Ricardo at the base of the knee joint which could've snapped his leg in two. It was only Ricardo's quick movement that avoided a serious injury. Bloody disgrace.

1 hour ago, 09bballer said:

Hamza has definitely made ndidi look like a much better player in these two games. Given him more time and space to play??

Defo agree, hamza presses the ball excellently giving Ndidi more freedom and time. Mendy has also been excellent these past few games, unnoticed but he seems to be everywhere alongside hamza breaking up play. Ideally, id like to see one of these players bringing the ball up with them, and being the starting points for attack. Just because there seems to be a gap between the midfield leaving maddison and vardy quite lonesome in the final third. 

23 minutes ago, Dames said:

People keep saying this but we won the league by playing the same team game in game out pretty much. 

We don’t have any other competitions going on at the minute so there is no reason it couldnt happen. 

It hasnt been possible to do that this season for several reasons

I would have loved it if Hamza had scored at the back post. It's all he needs to add to his game. Huge congratulations to Puel for playing him. (Oh - and for Ricardo - oh - and for turning us into a really forward thinking football team).

Edit - I also absolutley LOVE Mark Albrighton. He is soooooo Leicester. 

Edited by trabuch

6 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Not my narrative.

People on here have INDIVIDUAL OPINIONS its not Puel in v Puel out.

Its about the football not the man and the football has changed for some magic reason...

Don't worry I  've got your back...:teehee:

Seriously...you have not been one of boring outers...I havent always agreed on your stance on Puel...but you have put valid arguments,and

Not gone on hate crusades...It's just I always looked at what Puel/any manager had to take on,then the failings of inherited top class players...

I only want him to be given time,I always thought and still do believe,after Shakespeare,we were in for 2-3 shakey seasons...

I don't even try to be pretentious by saying I see his path clearly,and see what he should be doing....I just believe(ed) we were in for the long haul,

and the old ethos and character was long gone...Any new manager would need patience and time. These good games this season don't mean anything,

Other than we can celebrate them,and appreciate with frustrating performances...that a long  rebuild and redevelopment in progress...

And presently like last season(though IMO this season is really better) Puel is giving the club,the squad,even understanding fans breathing space.

In this difficult challenge,Puel is still keeping us between a good 12th and positive 7th...The title-season and that ethos we carried along,is well gone!!!!

I seriously believe we have had frustrating games,some very avg performances,but not what I can put down has turgid,like from the past...

I prefer,in this period to concentrate on the positive...Our Bline /defence has improved and is consistent.while  losing 60% of expected potential in midfield,

and one Youth high potential striker really mis-firing.then Add niggling awkward injuries...

We have slowly seen young and experienced players /squad start to show,

they are on their 1st steps of realising part (only part..!!)  of that hoped potential.

some wanted that to be immediate,and explode into this season.IMO just An expectation hung too high  too early...!!!

Sometimes,it's just good to enjoy the good and suprise moments,don't question support and enjoy!!!

And look positively  at the players that are now  answering their early OTT critics...

@Swan Lesta  fair dues your Pexit points have not just been blind crusades...just an  another angle and opinion...

but be fair..what a great Christmas we are having...:cheers::teehee::cheers:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ttfn said:

Also I know they were down to 10 men for half of it but the way we handled the time after going 2-1 up is immense.

People can point to the counter-attacking nature of our display and say that it had little to do with what Puel has been working towards but the way we kept the ball so intelligently for large spells of

injury time is the product of 14 months of coaching a group of players how to pass and move for each other rather than just panicking and lumping it forwards. Even Simpson made a couple of good passes.

We've conceded one equaliser all season. That's remarkable.

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

"Picked on" lol forgetting that absolutely scandalous decision to not award one of their players, think it was Stones a yellow card for a cynical counter attacking stopping foul in the first half. I couldn't believe we weren't more over the ref about it. Unbelievable officiating.