Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City H Post Thread 2-1

4 hours ago, Dames said:

People keep saying this but we won the league by playing the same team game in game out pretty much. 

We don’t have any other competitions going on at the minute so there is no reason it couldnt happen. 

We did it's true but in Marhez , Vardy, Kante, Drinkwater etc, we had an exceptional group of players who played a particular style. They were so good at it that even though the opposition knew how we were going to play, invarioubly they couldn't stop it. We no longer have those players. When Shakespeare tried to keep the same team and style he was woefully found out without the right mix of players. If it was as easy as just picking the same 11 players for all circumstances there would be no need for tactics or managers. Man City, with some of the best players we've ever seen in the Premiership have just lost two in a row, Guadiola will no doubt change things slightly to combat teams like us who put 11 players behind the ball. We'll no doubt change things for similar tactics against Cardiff. A more attacking flair player in midfield is what would be required but we haven't got one as yet. 

Edited by volpeazzurro

3 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

He needs to play with 'technicality'? What the hell does that mean? It's just words. 

Do you expect anything else from an Algerian fanboy? Not exactly the most intelligent people when it comes to discussing football! Man City is just a rugby team without Mahrez! 

9 hours ago, Dames said:

People keep saying this but we won the league by playing the same team game in game out pretty much. 

We don’t have any other competitions going on at the minute so there is no reason it couldnt happen. 

In the Christmas period we made changes.

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

"Picked on" lol forgetting that absolutely scandalous decision to not award one of their players, think it was Stones a yellow card for a cynical counter attacking stopping foul in the first half. I couldn't believe we weren't more over the ref about it. Unbelievable officiating.

He wasn't the only one. Every time we got the ball in our half, hacked down. Happened six, seven times and how refs not only don't punish it (they're not the only ones, Liverpool do it as well) but didn't even talk to the players about it baffles.

Just when I had started to give up hope we go out and beat Chelsea and Man City - call me superstitious but perhaps I should give up hope more often! :ph34r:

Credit to the players and Puel where it's due. It's performances like these which we know the side is capable of and that's why games like the Palace one frustrate so many. I never thought we would be sitting in seventh at this point so it's been a great Christmas from a footballing perspective. I also took my girlfriend (who is definitely a lifelong lcfc fan now) to her first football match ever yesterday and what a game for her to start with!

I hope we can keep the spine of the team the same and try to go out and win against Cardiff and hopefully get a result at Everton. It's a shame that Mourinho wasn't given a few more weeks as we could have been sitting pretty in sixth!

A fantastic win and a great Christmas for the foxes. We had enough chances to be four one up against Man City, and we had them really rattled. again Ricardo is absolutely superb and what a goal. we have shown in the last couple of matches of what we are capable of and what we can achieve and it is about consistency and doing it against the mid table and bottom clubs. these last two games have been amazing but we need to keep it going come on you foxes.

Mahrez  was always going to be a small fish in a big pond playing for Man City. Why they bought a player who is brilliant for 10 minutes a game yet spends the rest of the game hiding, I’ll never know. For us he was an outlet, Man City just don’t play that way, they bring the whole team up which basically nullifies Mahrez and prevents him using his skill because he needs space to run at defenders. Wasted there. He’ll pick up medals, but they won’t be because of him. Bit like drinkwater at Chelsea. Can anyone actually believe Man City fans will be cheering his name like we did. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Mahrez taking a pasting on the Blue Moon forum ; they regard him as a waste of money. 

Can't help but laugh my tits off at that. 

Possibly on his way to the Danny Drinkwater graveyard. 

Once the fans start getting in a player’s back it can be a tough gig.

Hope he does ok, just not against us.

I don’t criticise his ambition or begrudge him his move but it was a shame the way he went about manipulating it. 

Just now, Mike Oxlong said:

Possibly on his way to the Danny Drinkwater graveyard. 

Once the fans start getting in a player’s back it can be a tough gig.

Hope he does ok, just not against us.

I don’t criticise his ambition or begrudge him his move but it was a shame the way he went about manipulating it. 

Great player but questionable decision making yesterday. 

Agreed about the last paragraph. The mask slipped and his true self revealed. 

He should be tearing it up for them but he looked frightened to come on. 

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

So, who would have took losing yesterday, but winning in the cup. I think I would have

Interesting one because the lose in the week made it very sweet yesterday. Man City fans have morphed into their city rivals - arrogant and expectant. So putting their title challenge on life support is simply excellent. 

On paper, I’d say that result is probably our finest since we come back up. Their team fielded was ridiculously full of quality. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Why is Mahrez getting so much stick? 

He's not getting stick as such ...     people are making comments about him cus he came back to the KP with his shiny new team, didn't actually start, and when he did come on looked very ineffective.   The sulky mardy arsed little man child was so desperate to get away that he jumped at whoever came in, but, has maybe ...   just maybe ...   bitten off more than he can chew.   Thats all ...   :)

• Like 1