Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City H Post Thread 2-1

20 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Man City fans are falling in to the same trap with regards to Mahrez as some of our fans have with Puel. Give the guy a chance to settle FFS.

I've read their forum many times and aside from a few sensible posters, every single player gets a roasting every time they lose just like some  here fall on Puels back. They have some boo boys (Gundogan, Delph, Sterling) Mahrez being the last of them.

Aside from that nice to see that much of schadenfreude about one of our best players ever and how many enjoy him having a bad spell. Bitter idiots are bitter. For the record he scored and assisted much more than any of our forwards while having less game time. He came on for 9 mins with them and trailing and one man less by the way. Bar Sané to an extent, their whole team has been abysmal with special mention to Sterling. They don't tick without Fernandinho and I don't think they'll go very far in CL.

Edited by That_Dude

Great win.

We did exactly what Lyon and Chelsea did, packed the midfield and forced them to play wide. A great combination of patience and discipline rewarded by two world class goals. Albrighton, Choudhury and Ricardo were outstanding and special mention to our back four.

Hats off to Puel and the players, I couldn't have wished for a better Christmas present.

2 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Well, they really do not rate him from what I've been reading on their forum, waste of money, rubbish winger etc.,

They are saying now they need new full backs, notably a left sided player and a defensive midfield player.

Heaven forbid that our forum ever gets so whiney :ph34r: 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Would absolutely love to get Mahrez back next season in a cut price £30m deal. 

How would we fit him in though? Drop Madders or Albrighton? Would Pereira still be able to get forward? Feel that it would cause new problems..

3 minutes ago, brucey said:

How would we fit him in though? Drop Madders or Albrighton? Would Pereira still be able to get forward? Feel that it would cause new problems..

4-2-3-1 back in his old role with Maddison in the hole and Albrighton out left, Ricardo can run the right hand side on his own.

Just seen the highlights. Looked good had players attacking instead of just having vardy all alone hopefully more of the same against Cardiff. Shame the cup game was before the Chelsea game and not next week as I reckon it would be us in the last 4. Nice unbeaten run until the end of the season to get us into 5th place ?

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Would absolutely love to get Mahrez back next season in a cut price £30m deal. 

As much as I enjoyed watching him, he showed us how he viewed club didn't he? 

I have zero respect for a footballer refusing to play in order to get his own way. And this is gutting because he was my absolute hero.

No way, let him tank there for a bit and he'll end up back in France at PSG or some such. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I have zero respect for a footballer refusing to play in order to get his own way. And this is gutting because he was my absolute hero.

No way, let him tank there for a bit and he'll end up back in France at PSG or some such. 

Eh it's not great but I don't care. We've shown (twice) he's left a club more than capable than beating his new club. If he were to come back humbled I'd welcome him and tell him to work for his place. Academic though but there's no way it'd happen.

Edited by Foxxed

6 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Baring in mind we've been told Mahrez cannot be replaced, if he were to become available for half what we paid him then we'd be morons to take the moral high ground and not bring him back. Obviously all is subjective to him wanting to come back but his actions can be forgiven simply because he's a genius. Hyprocicy at its finest but we as football fans are constantly irrational. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Baring in mind we've been told Mahrez cannot be replaced, if he were to become available for half what we paid him then we'd be morons to take the moral high ground and not bring him back. Obviously all is subjective to him wanting to come back but his actions can be forgiven simply because he's a genius. Hyprocicy at its finest but we as football fans are constantly irrational. 

I still have a soft spot for Riyad but we have genuinely replaced him with a combination of Madders and Ricardo. Also he's on about 200k pw now.

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Of course, you make a good point. 

But don't the Thais supposedly hold honour in high regard? It seems anathema to what we are looking to create to invite the bloke back. 

Agreed about the football part. He is, of course, a genius. 

37 minutes ago, brucey said:

I still have a soft spot for Riyad but we have genuinely replaced him with a combination of Madders and Ricardo. Also he's on about 200k pw now.

It's funny what a few superb results can do for the outlook on our future but Mahrez opened up any team, but mainly resolute defences. We still need the right resources to unpick teams that park the bus.

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Interesting one because the lose in the week made it very sweet yesterday. Man City fans have morphed into their city rivals - arrogant and expectant. So putting their title challenge on life support is simply excellent. 

On paper, I’d say that result is probably our finest since we come back up. Their team fielded was ridiculously full of quality. 

No, winning at their place in the title season trumps it for me. 

That was the game everybody started to believe. 

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
59 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hes gone, he wanted to go,  hes never coming back ,move on