Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City H Post Thread 2-1

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Man City’s team that day included three players close to retirement. Their attacking power of their team yesterday was far stronger

Yeah, but we destroyed them on their own patch. 

Both superb results, though. 

• Like 1

Had a pint after work with a Man City friend after work tonight, asked him if he preferred any of our starting lineup yesterday over theirs.

Once he stopped laughing in my face he said 'actually that skinny version of Afroman looked tidy'

Take a bow Hamza Chowdry, you've made quite the impression over Christmas:appl:

6 hours ago, Buce said:

No, winning at their place in the title season trumps it for me. 

That was the game everybody started to believe. 

6 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Man City’s team that day included three players close to retirement. Their attacking power of their team yesterday was far stronger

Love it. Discussing which was the best victory over Man City is one of life's good problems.

Edited by Anglodanglo

On 26/12/2018 at 18:46, Mark_w said:

He had to stretch to clear the ball, and did so successfully. I don't think you should be penalised for that.

Totally disagree Mark, Delphs got history of this and it was a clear cut red card for me! I do like a strong tackle and some aspects and rules of the modern game have gone a bit snow flake. Imo on this he knew what he was doing and left his foot in.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Col city fan said:

This all day long

Are we talking about the same Mahrez who only a couple of seasons or so ago tore the league to shreds?

He’s a great player and will bounce back. 

It might not be at Man City though. They have so many options. I think he’ll end up in Serie A or somewhere

Yeah it's like people having knee jerk reactions on football forums, calling for managers heads etc it's incredulous isn't it mate? No patience or common sense in the modern game!

36 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Totally disagree Mark, Delphs got history of this and it was a clear cut red card for me! I do like a strong tackle and some aspects and rules of the modern game have gone a bit snow flake. Imo on this he knew what he was doing and left his foot in.

Spot on BTS ..   the cvnt was going at 100mph and followed though at knee height...   he wanted to do some real damage ...    that was going to be a lesson for scoring ...       a nasty nasty little fvcker.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Spot on BTS ..   the cvnt was going at 100mph and followed though at knee height...   he wanted to do some real damage ...    that was going to be a lesson for scoring ...       a nasty nasty little fvcker.

The Man City forum has it that he moved his leg into Delphs foot as an excuse :crylaugh:the fact the ref spoke to the linesman and gave a straight red says more than enough.

The ref booked another player for dissent whilst setting up for the free kick but did not see who that was.

1 hour ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

He absolutely has, and he absolutely did.

27 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

The Man City forum has it that he moved his leg into Delphs foot as an excuse :crylaugh:the fact the ref spoke to the linesman and gave a straight red says more than enough.

The ref booked another player for dissent whilst setting up for the free kick but did not see who that was.

Kun Aguero I believe.

23 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Delph was looking for a bit of trouble from the fifty fifty with Hamza. I think that got under his skin. 

In real time, I saw that challenge as bad as the red one  .........

he he has probably been marked by the refs for that style of tackling after the one against Everton went unpunished a couple, weeks ago .....

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

In real time, I saw that challenge as bad as the red one  .........

he he has probably been marked by the refs for that style of tackling after the one against Everton went unpunished a couple, weeks ago .....

He's both rash and aggressive. You can be one or the other these days. 

1 hour ago, ithuriel said:

The reffing in the last few games has been alot better

21 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I genuinely wouldn’t want him back here now.

He’s a terrific player but burnt his bridges. If he misses us, then so be it.

I’m a bit old school in this respect and prefer players who want to be here and play for us.

Absolutely spot on. It’s all hypothetical anyway and I’m sure if he was available a Roma or someone alike would be straight in for him in any case.

Same as with Drinky, don’t go back - go forwards.