Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City H Post Thread 2-1

14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Because we are playing better teams who come onto you and you can't push up.

Yes - but when we push up against crap teams we literally have no clue. When we strip teams of the ball and have somewhere to run into we look very dangerous indeed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

It's sarcastic, wHeN SOmeoNe WrItES lIKe tHIs they're "speaking" in a stupid voice. According to the internet.

HN SON WIES K HI?

whY wOUld Anyone choose to wRitE like this if it's not a code? Just because it loOKs funny? I thiNk it's flippinG stupid...

Puel out!!

how dare  his tactics for the games against Chelsea and Manchester City be better then theirs? Does he not realise he has to pick tactics to lost these games and put his job at risk?

also is Ricardo our best signing since Kante? He was superb today for the whole game as were the rest. Kasper was a 6 1/2. Everyone else a 8 and Ricardo. 9 he was immense!!!!

oh Puel a 10 for his tactics calmness and beating the champions elect 

Edited by Lesterlad
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I apluad Puel BUT it's very easy to motivate against the best teams, and the defensive style does match well against teams that will press.What we need from Puel is consistency against lower clubs.

I'm glad you managed to make a top four win into a negative.. Live For The Day !!

• Like 1

Best performance of the season.

Claude Puel just tactically beat up Pep Guardiola.

First half after Albrighton scored we dominated, Puel tactically switched Albrighton left and put Choudhury more to the right, it worked perfectly and we should've scored again before half-time.

Second half was all about effort, back to the wall stuff at times but Man City didn't really create anything clear cut, plus we defended brilliantly.

Ricardo MOTM again, what a player. The midfield three were magnificent, Ndidi's best game for a while. Chilwell and Albrighton also excellent.

What a game, what a performance :scarf:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So glad Cambiasso gave Puel some tips when he visited.

Well, I did (sarcastically) tell my Mum to go and have a word with him when she came back to the UK last week from her round-the-world retirement holiday/touristy tour... Maybe she did, and didn't tell me :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I'm glad you managed to make a top four win into a negative.. Live For The Day !!

That's your take, I'm a guy about always improving rather then slapping backsides and excepting the now.

In a previous post I complimented Puel etc actually, get your facts right buddy.

But no hard feelings hope you had a nice Xmas etc

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

☝️??????

That sort of thing only works if everyone has the same fonts installed - which I obviously don't because of the empty square boxes in the middle?  Unless they're part of the code too? :P 

Edited by PhillippaT

6 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Having the audacity to bring Simmo on at fullback and push Ricardo up. Masterstroke.  Was Madders tiring?

If you look at the way Puel asks us to defend, he wants three players to "box" the opposition defence so they have to play it back / knock it long. Maddison has a tendency to stop doing that in the last 10-20 minutes of games, and Puel will hall him of straight away when he sees it. Every player on the team has to do a job because we both attack and defend as a team. Maddison either stops doing it because he's tired or because it's not (yet) in his nature to run for 90 minutes.

Once we moved to 4-2-3-1 Maddison had a good game I thought, but I think Puel handles the young players very well. It's no coincidence that players like Chilwell and Amartey (and even RIcardo) have all improved defensively. Or the fact that Patrick Vieria masqueraded as Hamza Choudhury today lol. Maddison will get there in time, he's very good for someone so young but he can still improve every element of his game.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

We are also 7th. You don't achieve that after 19 games by just being good against the better sides. 

Perspective is needed. Of course we want to be winning the "lesser" games against Fulham and Palace etc. but we aren't a top 4 club (as least not yet) and every team in this league has quality. We will have more days like Palace but it's about realising where we are at and not embarrassing ourselves as a fanbase by calling for Puel out. 

Imagine how ridiculous it looks to any opposition fans who come on here after we have just beaten Man City and Chelsea and they see a thread called "Puel close to the sack".

Im not Puel in or out, but I refuse to except mediocrity, and imcompetance and in the majority Puel has done ok, but he has had some cooking nightmares aswell.  I see him as a inegma and i believe he needs money and time, but he also needs to learn quick.

If that is a negative so be it, I love my club not Puel

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yes - but when we push up against crap teams we literally have no clue. When we strip teams of the ball and have somewhere to run into we look very dangerous indeed.

The first bit will continue until we have a better attacking cm and a better winger.

• Like 2