Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City H Post Thread 2-1

7 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

As delighted as I am, I have to have a bitch and moan about the media. The BBC were reporting our win as "Man City lose", then I turned on Sky Sports News, in anticipation of a Puel post-match interview only to ultimately get an interview with Pep, with the introduction along the lines of "What went wrong for Man City?". 

2 wins on the spin vs 2 one of the challengers and the champions warrants more acknowledgement.

*Rant over and back to being chuffed!*

Radio Leicester were chatting as if we'd lost, once again not saying how well we've played and focusing more on "style of play" this and that.

Merry Christmas all! Two cracking presents with the wins and points for us all, whether inners, outers or shakeitallabouters. 

Whichever side of the fence, or even on it, we all want City to win, play well and succeed. And we have different viewpoints in thinking how we do that. 

As an inner, I think the last two (three?) games have vindicated that position. But I also recognise and accept we all want the best. 

So Merry Christmas to all!... 

And Puel in! :D:ph34r:

Just now, Countryfox said:

Noticed Wilf really didn’t seem to know what to do with the ball when he had it ...    he couldn’t get rid of it quick enough.  

He wasn’t always like that ...    wonder why ?

He did seem to ponder on the ball at times when he should have kept it moving but it thank fully did not hurt us, he played a lot better with Hamza backing up him and Mendy.

3 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

When he was applauded I did not see him respond to it, just ignored the fans from what I could see.

Heard quite a bit of booing where I was ...    and a great rendition of ‘Riyad Riyad what’s the score ‘ at the end ...

Bloody childish !! ....   :D

18 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Not my narrative.

People on here have INDIVIDUAL OPINIONS its not Puel in v Puel out.

Its about the football not the man and the football has changed for some magic reason...

And it will change on Saturday because we can't set up on the counter with three defensive midfielders at home to Cardiff - it won't work. We're still most effective on the break but you can't constantly play like that, especially against weaker teams who don't want to attack or push up. Hence why we're trying to become better at looking after the ball, because good teams need to be able to play more than one style. 

Heard quite a bit of booing where I was ...    and a great rendition of ‘Riyad Riyad what’s the score ‘ at the end ...

Bloody childish !! ....   :D

Never heard that, then again, it was a tad noisy where I was.

Well I heard loads of booing ...   mind you my gob is only a few inches from my ears ...    :)

Was watching online and I heard it. Had a nosey on the Man City forums and they are ripping into him saying he was a waste of money. I remember when he went on strike last year we were stressing at how few games we had won without him in the team, and now look at us. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I hope now some "fans" will realise how embarrassing they look calling for the managers head every time we have a bad game. 

Puel is a manager with a philosophy and a vision. We should be fully behind him. The position we are in as a club is really exciting and we shouldn't lose sight of that just because we won the league a couple of years ago. 

Well well smart ass comments!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Yo lads, you can just celebrate the last two results you know. You don't *have to* add your "but before that..." caveats. Just fvcking enjoy it.

Seventh in the league having beaten Chelsea and Man City in consecutive games. We should all be living for this shit! Merry Christmas!

Stop talking sense. Go away you don't belong on this forum. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Anglodanglo said:

Meanwhile over on the Bluemoon forum??

Maybe they should start a 'Pep out' poll?

Screenshot_20181226-181650_Chrome.jpg

Never catch a fan base like ours being so reactionary.....

To be fair, they do legitimately have a problem with how reliant they are on Fernandinho - he really is the keystone to their team

Trouble in paradise :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Was watching online and I heard it. Had a nosey on the Man City forums and they are ripping into him saying he was a waste of money. I remember when he went on strike last year we were stressing at how few games we had won without him in the team, and now look at us. 

Can thank our recruitment for that one. We're a much better "group" with less reliance on a single player.  Even though Riyad is a brilliant player. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Well I have got a very big gob !! ...    :)

But joking apart I heard far more boos than applause near me.

• Haha 1

Albrighton’s goal was a perfect example of the way Puel wants us to play. The entire move started from a Kasper pass.

It’s not all about counter attacking, and despite what people may think some of our good play today came from playing the Puel way rather than counter attacking.

Great win and great Christmas!

• Like 1