Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Post Match: City 0 - 1 Cardiff

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

With respect, we will have to disagree.

Many people commented before that we had to rotate, that the game would be different. We were forced into at least one change by illness.

Some of our players who played brilliantly in recent games, and who most of us would have selected, just were not at it today.

I don’t agree that the result today is Puel’s fault.

Of course it is. Just like when we win it's because of the players.

This forum is becoming too toxic to my tastes. We just brillantly won against the two former champions, back to back, and after one loss because of a missed pen, these mouth foaming outers are back in full force. Blaming the gaffer for managing a clearly knackered Vardy and not selecting Hamza although he's ill.

Screw that, I'm out for a while.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Of course it is. Just like when we win it's because of the players.

This forum is becoming too toxic to my tastes. We just brillantly won against the two former champions, back to back, and after one loss because of a missed pen, these mouth foaming outers are back in full force. Blaming the gaffer for managing a clearly knackered Vardy and not selecting Hamza although he's ill.

Screw that, I'm out for a while.

Oh, the irony lol

Edited by Fosse93

26 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Mr messenger..If we are again are next season 7-9th,I for one will be very happy.. 

I want to see an uplift in our performances and how we present ourselves!!! But I won't go on a manager-out hunt!!

amazes that fans don't seem we have won " some player positions,"but still struggling for consistency.....and struggling for quality output from others...

Any critic on Soyu for today s game,a bit shallow....He gets the rest of the season before we can even start to judge him....

The players in front of him let the defence down today...

Yoda has spoken.

• Haha 1

OK I think Maddison and the guys around him should been abit intelligent enough to give the ball to Iheanacho to take the penalty, everyone knows he needs a goal, couldn't Puel made a sign to the team to tell them let Iheanacho take the penalty, it would have done the world of good for him if he'd scored. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crispin LA said:

OK I think Maddison and the guys around him should been abit intelligent enough to give the ball to Iheanacho to take the penalty, everyone knows he needs a goal, couldn't Puel made a sign to the team to tell them let Iheanacho take the penalty, it would have done the world of good for him if he'd scored. 

But if he didnt score it would be more fuel to the idiots. Maddison can get away with missing pens for some reason

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

But if he didnt score it would be more fuel to the idiots. Maddison can get away with missing pens for some reason

The biggest problem is that no one has confidence in this team, hence no one wants to take a penalty and those that do tend to miss (Maddison excluded, he's just a cr4p penalty taker). I would have liked Maguire to step up, just someone to put their foot through it like Vardy. Even Ricardo would be good I think.

Game in general was OK but I just think we have a serious lack of creativity. That final third is a killer for us, the likes of Gray, Maddison etc should be creating more. It also doesn't help when you only have defensive players in midfield, would really like a better offering. That aside I would prefer a system with two strikers (3-5-2 for example)

Just now, KrefelderFox666 said:

The biggest problem is that no one has confidence in this team, hence no one wants to take a penalty and those that do tend to miss (Maddison excluded, he's just a cr4p penalty taker). I would have liked Maguire to step up, just someone to put their foot through it like Vardy. Even Ricardo would be good I think.

Game in general was OK but I just think we have a serious lack of creativity. That final third is a killer for us, the likes of Gray, Maddison etc should be creating more. It also doesn't help when you only have defensive players in midfield, would really like a better offering. That aside I would prefer a system with two strikers (3-5-2 for example)

Aye. Nobody looked too keen for it did they?

Yes, 2 DMFs really didnt look great today. Mendy in particular just didnt do anything with the ball

It might have worked if we'd used all our glitterglam attacking players. Nacho for Vardy and Ghezzal for Albrighton from the start - Nacho did a lot better than Vardy in his brief cameo (thats why all the usual haters of him on here arent mentioning him)

I think Puel went a sort of halfway house with the line up today. Vardy and Albrighton were not fit enough for it by a country mile

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, SixtiesFox said:

Big mistake, Shiv. The 'argument' you refer to was a hypothetical statement. You should take the time and read the whole post in order to establish some context  before you dis someone's considered arguments. By the way, if we are arguing hypotheticals, do you disagree with that statement?

Sorry - not intending to dis your considered arguments but using hypotheticals to meet an agenda is something that’s happened a lot on here recently. But understand you were making valid points.

I would disagree with that statement though. I think Puel will be given until the end of the season unless we suddenly get dragged into a relegation battle.

43 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

How many goals have we scored from corners this season?  

Pretty sure it's one - at Newcastle. Out of probably 120 corners, assuming we average around 6 per game. We had 10 today and never looked remotely dangerous from any of them. Our corners and free kicks are generally very poor - we try nothing very imaginative and we don't mix up who takes them. It's Maddison over and over. Whilst I don't think Maddison is brilliant at whipping balls in, to be fair to him, other than Maguire we have nobody who is good at attacking corners and free kicks anyway. So not surprising that we so rarely score off one. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

People can moan about Puel as much as they like, but one of the reasons we lost is because two people who seem beyond criticism messed up key moments. Vardy with his one on one with the keeper, inexplicable pass to Ghezzal when Maddison was wide upon on his left, and his poor touch all game frequently losing the ball when we got into and around the final third. And Maddison’s second pathetic penalty in two weeks. 

When the lunatics finally take over the asylum and get their way with the dismissal of Puel, I wonder who will be the scapegoat when we lose a game of football our entitled fan base deems we should win comfortably? Oh wait a minute, I think I know, it will be the fault of Rudkin, Gray, Iheanacho or N’Didi won’t it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Pretty sure it's one - at Newcastle. Out of probably 120 corners, assuming we average around 6 per game. We had 10 today and never looked remotely dangerous from any of them. Our corners and free kicks are generally very poor - we try nothing very imaginative and we don't mix up who takes them. It's Maddison over and over. To be fair to him, other than Maguire we have nobody who is good at attacking corners and free kicks. So not surprising that we so rarely score off one. 

Can we class Ricardo’s the other day as from a corner, all be it a poor corner from Albrighton ?

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

Anyway has anyone asked when @UpTheLeagueFox is yet?

Abit quiet ain't he?! Bet he's living it up, celebrating and partying or something! Well happy i'm sure!

*Jokes* Just abit jokey after all the comments by people hounding him after the Man City game.

Haha.  I haven't been trolled as much today. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

I stood up and applauded the substitution. Vardy had an absolute shocker of a game I’m afraid and deserved to be taken off.

Could mucfox who gave a negative emoji to to my comment here please explain in which way Vardy had a good game please?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

some of the downright miserable prat’s who think we have a god given right to win every game

Nobody expects this, however we do expect professional footballers to be able to pass a ball to someone a few yards away, we do expect someone to be able to put a penalty away, we do expect our team to at least show those who paid  to attend this dross some effort, a bit of guile and not put in appaling performances like today.