Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Post Match: City 0 - 1 Cardiff

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Bob.

Not Puel’s fault, although he will doubtless be blamed in here.  Conceding a late loser was pretty predictable as the game wore on.

Well played Cardiff, they executed their game plan, stifled our threat, rode their luck and deserved to win in the end.

Those six points last week were precious.  Clubs around us did not win, and we are still doing well in the table.

Who knows what we’ll get away at Everton.

And once again, booing our own player as he came on was utterly, utterly moronic.  Shame on those who did so.

Problem is that this is more and more the Leicester under Puel. Was hoping he changed since Chelsea. Not so.

The game plan was for the full backs to get behind them and pull crosses back but they shut that off (like Burnley did) and we should have changed to one in midfield and two up top 

tossing free kicks, corners and crosses in against their centre backs was pointless - this is what irks me ...... we can make a tactica change against man city to rectify a problem but not today 

told you we should have played the ressies! 

• Like 1

Maddison shouldn't take another penalty for a while.

Puel definitely should take some criticism from that, but the players need to take a long hard look at themselves after that display, it can't all be blamed on the manager, and I say that as someone firmly in the Puel out camp.

Gray was once again ineffective, as he is in 80% of the games he plays in.

We need a CM to can pass a ball which puts Ndidi and Mendy under pressure to perform.

We also need a winger, we replaced Mahrez with Ghezzal, who is awful.

Sat right next to the Cardiff fans, who to their credit, didn't stop singing all afternoon. 

Unspectacular but should have made more of our chances. You can tell Albrighton was struggling before he came off. No idea why Ghezzal was trying to dribble his way out of trouble. 

Ricardo and Mendy impressed me. Vardy playing off scraps. 

Cardiff City have a brilliant travelling support, and I think we all knew Warnock would make it difficult today. Always quite liked the bloke in spite of his bitterness in 2014. 

Hold on...mods, could you redirect my post?

• Like 1

Good first 45, let them back into it bit second half and even more when we made the subs, which were poor again, although we could be being forced manage vardy I guess. Still we missed the gilt edged chance in second half, madison was not great full stop today, and they made us pay with an absolute wonder goal.

We were more direct though which is good but bamba was really good as was Etheridge. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Shep said:

Just on the booing, was it more a case of booing the substitution rather than the player?

I would interpret it as the substitution but I wasn't there.

I'd be astonished we'd boo Iheanacho coming on, but the whole thing wouldn't do much for his confidence.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, knitro said:

For a person with such a tiny, undersized head Maddison's ego certainly makes up for it in spades. There's so many shades of Mahrez about him (circumstantial effort, open disdain for teammates on the field) - add awful penalties to the list. I'll be off forgetting this sport somewhere.  

And can we CLOSE DOWN SHOTS - how many worldies need to be conceded before our midfield duo get wise? 

An analogy for the Puel-outers - Imagine you're hungry but when you look in your cupboard you see absolutely nothing appetizing - I imagine that's what it's like looking at our bench. Ghezzal actually looked competent so I expect the trogoldyte class here to be all over him.  

Nacho needs a goal like anything right now or he can expect to be shipped out. 

MOTM - Enforcement of Throw in location. Must've seen 4-5 corrections of this game critical rule. Ref less interested in timewasting.

I agree with so much of this. None of the midfield two close down occasionally which leads to us conceding 20/25 yard goals.

As for Maddison, he wants to concentrate on his football rather than his stupid hand gestures.

• Like 3

We lacked energy throughout the game, but that's understandable considering the fixture list at this time of the year, including the cup game. I think I lost count of the number of times that Mendy and Ndidi passed sideways and backwards to each other and the backline, though. From the looks of things, they work well together in a 3, rather than a 2. Overall, I reckon we could have done more with our chances, but what can you do when Cardiff managed to park Neil Warnock's entire head for 90 minutes? Even Messi would struggle.

Edited by Keiriel

4 minutes ago, knitro said:

MOTM - Enforcement of Throw in location. Must've seen 4-5 corrections of this game critical rule. Ref less interested in timewasting.

Ref was effing shit weren’t he?! Can’t control the game but at least he can control where the ball is thrown from.

Was like watching a Sunday league ref the amount of times he got in the way of play.

Our midfield options are shite. We've struggled to work around that today. Missed Hamza's energy and ability to break the lines. Not putting today entirely on Puel but it was all a bit predictable in the end. 

We need someone in the middle who can ****ing pass and move.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, matty98 said:

The booing when Vardy got taken off was embarrassing, he's managing an injury.

Gray isn't good enough, he doesn't make any proper runs, just jogs. 

Only positive for me was Ricardo, he's insane, I'd genuinely be tempted to play him CM where he could control the game more.

Mate of mine recons we need to play Ricardo in Vardy’s position when Vardy’s injured but when playing play him just behind Vardy recons he’d score for fun in that role !!

Totally agree about closing down shots. In the last 5 games we have conceded 3 long range strikes where the closing down has been very slow. 

Overall, just very lacklustre today. Tired legs from 2 incredibly difficult games played a part, I'm sure,  but credit to Cardiff - they may be limited but they gave absolutely everything today. Some of their blocks and tackles were amazing. 

• Like 1