Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Post Match: City 0 - 1 Cardiff

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Absolutely awful. 

I'll probably trigger the huge in fight here but the sooner he goes the better. 

Chelsea and Man City two absolutely brilliant results back to our best, playing our way, playing solid, counter attacking, smash and grab football. 

Today, back to standard Claudeball. Getting bored of saying it now, you cannot play passing, possession football if nobody is going to move. It is all about movement. 

Maddison, forget the penalty, he should never have been given it in the first place, but he spent half the game next to Vardy on the shoulder of the last defender waiting for play to come to him. 

What are you doing, man!? Watch Bernardo Silva the other night against us, he's the pivot. He's there to run the game, so he's constantly moving towards the ball carrier to provide an option and keep the ball moving. 

Nobody plays that role for us. 

I think after a few months of Puel, you have every right to blame the players for not adapting or not being capable of playing his system. 

After a full year of his coaching and leadership when players still don't have a clue how to play a possession system and move and create chances, that's where the buck stops with the manager. 

Nobody is learning or getting any better. Whatever he does, they don't understand, it isn't working. 

We look great playing our old way, his way? Narh. 

Absolutely this.

I was hoping Puel might have learnt from the previous two games but it appears he’s got comfortable and reverted back to form. The team simply can’t play the way he sets us up, there is a massive safety first element and I think it holds the players back.

His tactics are uninspiring and obviously he can’t motivate this team, we’ll forever be in transition with him in charge. 

2 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Maddison our best player??? 

Our best attacking threats are our full backs most of the time now. He hopefully will develop but he's a couple of notches over a show pony at the moment. 

Yes,  Maddison created the penalty for himself after a good pass and move,  he also played Vardy in for his chance which Mendy was close to lashing in the rebound.   There were also some great touches such as first time pass to Vardy from a clearance and Maddison also drove the ball forward well on couple of occasions which Ndidi, Mendy,  Gray and Vardy to some extent all failed to do so today.  

7 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

As said in other thread Puel can **** off, so fed up of his teams inability to break teams down and all the dropped points at home. I actually wish we'd lost to Chelsea and City so he'd be gone now 

We did break them down. Lots of chances and we missed a penalty

1 minute ago, Sionnach gorm said:

How in the hell do we beat Man city and lose to these blokes?  Befuddling!  

We beat city and chelsea because we did what we do best up and in there faces . Claude likes to play passing, and wants us to retain the football,well that's okay if we pass and move and at pace,

but we don't really have the qualiteeeeeee which doesn't allow us the  intenseteeee .

He really couldn't have enjoyed our last 2 wins, no team talk required today ,he should have said go and enjoy yourselves and get us 3 points.

But no, not Claude,he wants his team to play like his demeanour..

• Like 2

The selected players,should go on social-media,and apologise profusely to Puel and the fans....

this is 100% their fault,non -committed when moving forward,mirrored again by an arrogant pathetic  Penalty by Maddison...!!!

Even now the game panned out,this was our game to win....the game opened up,then  chances where  the players failed to deliver....!!

nothing wrong with the selection,nothing wrong with the subs.....!!!!

the players shown again,that they can't bring a pressure game home...They really aren t has good as they ,and some fans think they are...!!!

this was the players game to bring home. The strange thing..once again it was not our weaker players,who failed the fans today......!!!!

Not anything Puel ,did!!!    Subs obvious...!

• Sad 1

What a hell is doing Monsieur Puel ????

Worst performance

Worst replacements

Worst substitutions

I will never understand that a professional manager lets his worst players play together - Söyüncü / Gray / Nacho / Ghezzal all unusable

Monsieur Puel, please take the next plane or train or bicycle home to France. Thank you for nothing

1 minute ago, mucfox said:

What a hell is doing Monsieur Puel ????

Worst performance

Worst replacements

Worst substitutions

I will never understand that a professional manager lets his worst players play together - Söyüncü / Gray / Nacho / Ghezzal all unusable

Monsieur Puel, please take the next plane or train or bicycle home to France. Thank you for nothing

Rubbish...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

In my opinion the root cause of all our problems is our midfield two. Mendy and Ndidi is far too negative, how often in games does Maguire (and today Soyuncu) dribble past our midfielders and try to create something? They do this as all Ndidi and Mendy do is win the ball back and offload to a defender. We need a powerhouse to take the ball forwards.

Either play a 3 or play a more attacking midfielder next to Mendy or Ndidi. 

I totally agree. I felt sorry for both Maquire and Soyuncu; both were full of intent, bring the ball forward. The problem was that there was no one who was capable/willing in midfield to accept the pass. On a related issue, although I admire and encourage our attacking LB/RB, I do believe they hide our frailties in the wide positions.  Today, Ricardo seemed to be particularly irked, shaking his head at the debacle he was witnessing.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, AylestoneRaider said:

So frustrating - between players and tactics we don’t have enough creativity to breakdown sides that turn up to defend. We just needed to score that pen and grind out an ugly win. Gutted.

Sharing the same problem as Man City and Chelsea. Priceless.

• Haha 1

All about the mentality of the teams and even the attitudes of the fans.

We've set up with confidence in what we can do but naive with selections & anticipating the opposition, putting out a team designed to dominate the ball with Maddison playmaker + pace off the wings, possession based like a few times recently, but as we've seen often this season and last it's not very good at actually getting results against teams who defend. Maddison bought us a pen and wasted it, that was the chance to get away with it laughing - dogsh!!e pen with no power nor tucked in the corner; after that heads drop and tiredness creeps into the back which created gaps all over the place. 

Reminiscent of our energy during the Great Escape Episode, Cardiff came here knowing exactly what they are about & with added luck just what they have to do; they executed it perfectly at the end, pushing for the win against our frustrated bollocksed looking bunch. Their fans bouyant and full of fresh joy in the Premier League, making a day out of the experience - our lot yawning and only making peeps when we push up: wearily expectant, when four years ago we were the "No Name City" playing away at the established Premier League side, which had quality players and played the neat stuff - and there they were, grafting and fighting their way.

Lessons need to be learned as much by fans as the management & squad. It wasnt long ago we played Cardiff in the Play-off's when they came here and did a job on us, the various Championship games were flooding back to me in the last 10mins where playing these was a challenge, an event - now after four years in the Premier League it is an expectancy we'll do them. It goes both ways.

Well done Cardiff. Personally thought you were doomed in October; Colin has um fighting.

• Like 4

The players naturally manage to motivate themselves for big games such as Chelsea and Man City but the desire isn't their against poorer sides and it shows in our lack of tempo. The manager simply does not inspire. It's his job to get us to perform in these sorts of games. With the quality we have in our squad we should be tearing teams like this apart.

It's poetic justice that the defining moment in the game was essentially subbing Vardy. How stupid is this manager that he would bring our goalscorer off at 0-0 and as it happens the one person in the squad who you'd want to take a penalty.

As I've said before if there was a manager who wanted to be sacked or liked being under pressure then he would do the things that Puel does. Tactically I'm rarely sure what we are trying to do. He's a strange manager and a strange man. But he'll keep getting away with it until the fans and the club look at the bigger picture and the long term gameplan.

• Haha 1

We lack experience and leadership.  Was Ndidi the most experienced Leicester player on the pitch before Okazaki came on .  Soyuncu looked good until his first howler, then he was poor.  He needed a leader near him to put his head back on.  

We did some quality things but at times messed up the basics.

Ghezzal looks.good creatively but defensively is shocking.  The way he lost the ball just before we conceded should be included in the training programme for clown training.

Frustrating!

I understand we had to rotate the team to keep certain players fresh, especially as we have another big game coming up. But as I said after beating Man City, it’s great we can beat top teams but we also need to perform against teams we should beat. 

Shame.

7 shots on target and a penalty, still can’t score.  Then get a sucker punch at the end. We’ve shown we’re better when we play forwards, not sideways, so don’t understand why our mentality was so different in the last two games.

I'm not as much angry about us losing, as I am about playing one lone striker upfront at home vs a relegation candidate who tends to park the bus... We've seen Puel setting us 4-2-3-1 too often against teams from the bottom and trying to play safely for 1-0. 

Mendy and Ndidi doesn't make sense to me anymore without Hamza, neither of them can make a half decent pass forward and they arent closing down quick enough so there's no justification for both of them clogging our midfield. If Hamza is unavailable then we should play either of these two (Mendy seems to be in better form) with Iborra or Madders. 

Last two games he was the tactical genius our Napoleon, now he's back to his familiar self, with all to familiar 4-2-3-1 routine yet again. Maybe he's just a crazy guy wearing old Boney's hat

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We didnt play that badly but it was plainly obvious that we were going to continue to be frustrated sticking with the 4-2-3-1 and Ndidi and Mendy together, it was painful at times.

Our subs weakened us whilst not changing the way we played either, fair enough make subs but get two in the box and Maddison deeper to create something. It was just horrible at the end.

So annoying, we have to find a long term strategy to break shit like Cardiff down at home. Our squad needs strengthening and if he refuses to do that this month then its curtains for him.

Fair criticisms, but I take issue with the idea that transfers are at his discretion. If he’s really on thin ice, who in their right mind would let him make those calls?

8 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Yes,  Maddison created the penalty for himself after a good pass and move,  he also played Vardy in for his chance which Mendy was close to lashing in the rebound.   There were also some great touches such as first time pass to Vardy from a clearance and Maddison also drove the ball forward well on couple of occasions which Ndidi, Mendy,  Gray and Vardy to some extent all failed to do so today.  

A penalty he took abysmally (again) other than that he made a chance and drove forward a few times. Not sure how that warrants motm ahead of the two cb's and rocardo. I would like him to be as good as everyone seems to think he is but don't see it.