Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Post Match: City 0 - 1 Cardiff

3 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Sharing the same problem as Man City and Chelsea. Priceless.

I worry that the extent of Puel’s tactical capability extends to setting up with a defensive formation against top sides. Not sure we play with the intensity to break weaker sides down on a consistent basis. Just offering my opinion; and I’m fairly positive about Puel’s overall contribution in terms of moving to a more possession based game and giving youth a chance.

7 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

We did break them down. Lots of chances and we missed a penalty

Yeah ive got to say Etheridge had to make 4-5 decent saves and  Bamba was there last ditch on several occasions. That’s ignoring the pen. We didn’t pepper them but chances were there.

• Like 2

Just now, AylestoneRaider said:

I worry that the extent of Puel’s tactical capability extends to setting up with a defensive formation against top sides. Not sure we play with the intensity to break weaker sides down on a consistent basis. Just offering my opinion; and I’m fairly positive about Puel’s overall contribution in terms of moving to a more possession based game and giving youth a chance.

Sorry - I meant that 'priceless' in a 'Mastercard advert' sense, not a 'your a b*llend' sense. I'm still on the fence with that. :innocent:

30 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Bob.

Not Puel’s fault, although he will doubtless be blamed in here.  Conceding a late loser was pretty predictable as the game wore on.

Well played Cardiff, they executed their game plan, stifled our threat, rode their luck and deserved to win in the end.

Those six points last week were precious.  Clubs around us did not win, and we are still doing well in the table.

Who knows what we’ll get away at Everton.

And once again, booing our own player as he came on was utterly, utterly moronic.  Shame on those who did so.

But it was Puels fault. No getting away from it. We all knew what Cardiff was going to set up like, so what did he do to thwart it ? I know says Puel I'll drop the in-form creative Choudhary and I'll tell the team to drop the tempo and play straight into Cardiff's hands. There is no possible excuse for the managerial naivety shown today by Puel. He simply has to go. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, the fox said:

First 3 pages are about Gray, Puel and Ghezzal eventhough non of them missed the pen. 

Some in here are very hypocritical. The go on and on about "Fan boys" while making it abvious they have their favourites. 

I think Maddison has been poor for sometime with minor decent moments like at Chelsea. His penalty was poor 

Think the point is tho that we failed to create a clear cut chance all game except a chance from a pen. That says it all really.

• Like 1

What was the point of taking Albrighton off and bringing on Ghezzal? What difference was it going to make at least try and and change the shape or something like that. Playing with one holding midfielder at home would make us bit more attack minded at home. 

Games against the bottom sides who sit in i would have thought you would need to change your shape slightly and take the games to these sides. I just think Puel is to negative as a manager especially when playing at home.

11 minutes ago, the fox said:

First 3 pages are about Gray, Puel and Ghezzal eventhough non of them missed the pen. 

Some in here are very hypocritical. The go on and on about "Fan boys" while making it abvious they have their favourites. 

The player who missed the pen also created it out of nothing, and has a few assists lately so has a bit of credit in the bank 

unlike the others you mentioned 

3 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

But it was Puels fault. No getting away from it. We all knew what Cardiff was going to set up like, so what did he do to thwart it ? I know says Puel I'll drop the in-form creative Choudhary and I'll tell the team to drop the tempo and play straight into Cardiff's hands. There is no possible excuse for the managerial naivety shown today by Puel. He simply has to go. 

With respect, we will have to disagree.

Many people commented before that we had to rotate, that the game would be different. We were forced into at least one change by illness.

Some of our players who played brilliantly in recent games, and who most of us would have selected, just were not at it today.

I don’t agree that the result today is Puel’s fault.

• Like 1

We have just been warnocked, this is the type of game we miss a flair player, like Mahrez, who when we struggle to break a team down, who come for a draw, can create something out of nothing.

And by the way, booing vardy going off for nacho, bet that done nacho loads of good, and puel wouldn’t give a shit, have a moan at the manager, but nearly the whole ground too boo ? 

Puel has gone for hero to zero in a week, people posting apologies on here last week, are probably slagging him off tonight again ? 

Welcome to the joys of following Leicester ? 

• Like 1

Just now, HankMarvin said:

The player who missed the pen also created it out of nothing, and has a few assists lately so has a bit of credit in the bank 

unlike the others you mentioned 

I happen to remember a guy who did much more than Maddison and didn't have the benefit of the doubt. Not after a bad game and definitely not after a missed pen. 

38 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Our third game in a week was always going to be difficult. Given the 6 points against Chelsea and Man City, I'm more annoyed by how our fans are treating Iheanacho when he comes on than us losing today.

Totally agree with you, doesn't get much game time so his confidence is low I would have thought, I don't understand why some fans boo our own players that's really going to help them, let's get behind them and show them support. 

• Like 3

Those last two games totally sum us up under Puel. Either buy a handful of players with the movement and intelligence to break these teams down or find a manager with a different idea of how to do it. These players can't carry out his instructions and he's made it clear enough he's not going to change.

The reaction to the Vardy sub was so, so embarrassing, like a group of mardy children having their favourite toy taken away. Contributed nothing all game except wasting some of our best opportunities. So far off the pace. Have to think he's still carrying a knock, but then if he doesn't start there's a swathe of articles crying at him being dropped and all our fans on Puel's back before a ball's been kicked.

• Like 4