Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Post Match: City 0 - 1 Cardiff

8 minutes ago, manders86 said:

Today walking away from the game made me realise why football fans can be such d*cks..

Yes we lost the game, we could and should have won, but it happens. Booing your manager when a clearly spent and injured Vardy is brought off is support now is it?! Makes us look like an entitled bunch of tossers, and ultimately we got what we deserved.

Yes a poor performance, yes a terrible penalty. We had to change system today to try and break through and it didn't work. Walking out of the kop at full time the amount of cretins screaming abuse at our manager is classless and poor beyond a doubt. 

My view is you win some, you lose some. To taste the highs of man city and Chelsea you go through days like today. Our squad is still in transition and the quality isn't good enough beyond the first 11.. not Puels fault. 

This has to be one of the most reasonable posts I've read today. 

Great post.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

I totally agree. I felt sorry for both Maquire and Soyuncu; both were full of intent, bring the ball forward. The problem was that there was no one who was capable/willing in midfield to accept the pass. On a related issue, although I admire and encourage our attacking LB/RB, I do believe they hide our frailties in the wide positions.  Today, Ricardo seemed to be particularly irked, shaking his head at the debacle he was witnessing.

Yep. I have been saying this for a long time, although I think Mendy is ok. Ndidi is the problem. I rather leave him out and put in

a more creative and controlling CM. You put crap there, you get crap midfield. There is a reason why the top teams spent a lot of money on a good CM who can defend but can also link up with the forwards - Hazard, Pogba, etc. Not saying we can afford one, but if you put Championship quality there (Ndidi) you get Championship quality creativity/linkup from the middle.

Typical Leicester.

First half we looked alright but had to rely on long shots.

Second half I felt we lost control of the game from about 60 mins, we then missed the penalty, after that you just knew we wouldn't score.

Our squad depth is piss poor especially in the forward areas, bringing on Ghezzal and Iheanacho as a fan you have zero confidence in them.

Ghezzal is an absolute waste of space, the ball to Maddison was on but instead he tries to take on two players in his own half, gives it away then they score. 

Ricardo for me was the only positive again, Soyuncu played well for 60 mins but then made some errors.

What a crock of steaming ‘oss shit that was. Back to the drawing board, slow, lethargic, no tempo, no creativity and wasteful in front of goal. It’s alright stepping up to beat teams like Chelsea and Man City (who both largely played into our hands) and slipping up against crap like Cardiff. Puel’s tinkering is getting tedious, and a pattern is starting to emerge.

• Like 1

As much as the wins over Chelsea and Man City were great results, today was a shocker. Cardiff are a poor side at this level.

Again, including the penno, we just can’t finish if Vardy ain’t on his a game.

We need to spend real money on a very good striker and stop piddling about with these blokes who are not Premiership quality.

Musa, Nacho, Slim

North of 65 million quid there and none of them good enough

What an incredible waste of money

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 4

What an unenjoyable game full of everything there is to dislike about football.

Sh*thouse Cardiff tactics.

Sh*thouse Cardiff tactics going unpunished by officials, allowing constant time wasting.

Our own team sleepwalking through a game. All that game needed was for someone, anyone, to grab it by the scruff of the neck and show some urgency.

Mind boggling substitutions. Why make like-for-like changes when it was blatantly clear that the system wasn't working? Worse, given the previous sleepwalking point, what we needed was an injection of urgency and pace. Can you think of two substitutes further away than that in Ghezzal and Iheanacho on for Vardy and Albrighton? Two players whose strength is technique and would prefer to slow the game down.

An awful penalty taken by a guy clearly not suitable for spot kicks. Iheanacho is a proven penalty taker isn't he? Leave your ego behind, give it to the most likely candidate to get us over the line.

Numerous players had absolute stinkers. Not just bad games, absolute howlers. I'm looking at N'didi, Soyuncu, Vardy, and towards the end Maddison.

Can't believe we've lost that. All the above prevantable factors combined were the only possible way we could have lost that game.

Can't remember the last time I was so agitated by a defeat.

If Puel goes before the next game I wouldn't question it.

Edited by Nod.E

This forum is hard to read at the minute. ‘Puel out’ fans are too harsh on him and ‘Puel in’ fans are too protective of him.

For all the plaudits he got from Wednesday, he has to take a lot of criticism today. Cardiff are a really poor side and in the end they probably deserved it.

Wrong team selection, crazy subs and more dull football with little creativity. He isn’t helping himself.

I felt optimistic prior to today’s match that I might finally see a good performance against a bottom half side. Didn’t happen and I don’t see that changing.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, manders86 said:

Today walking away from the game made me realise why football fans can be such d*cks..

Yes we lost the game, we could and should have won, but it happens. Booing your manager when a clearly spent and injured Vardy is brought off is support now is it?! Makes us look like an entitled bunch of tossers, and ultimately we got what we deserved.

Yes a poor performance, yes a terrible penalty. We had to change system today to try and break through and it didn't work. Walking out of the kop at full time the amount of cretins screaming abuse at our manager is classless and poor beyond a doubt. 

My view is you win some, you lose some. To taste the highs of man city and Chelsea you go through days like today. Our squad is still in transition and the quality isn't good enough beyond the first 11.. not Puels fault. 

If as you say the quality of the squad is not good enough then whose fault is that if not the managers? 

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

What an unenjoyable game full of everything there is to dislike about football.

Sh*thouse Cardiff tactics.

Sh*thouse Cardiff tactics going unpunished by officials, allowing constant time wasting.

Our own team sleepwalking through a game. All that game needed was for someone, anyone, to grab it by the scruff of the neck and show some urgency.

Mind boggling substitutions. Why make like-for-like changes when it was blatantly clear that the system wasn't working? Worse, given the previous sleepwalking point, what we needed was an injection of urgency and pace. Can you think of two substitutes further away than that than Ghezzal and Iheanacho on for Vardy and Albrighton? Two players whose strength is technique and would prefer to slow the game down.

An awful penalty taken by a guy clearly not suitable for spot kicks. Iheanacho is a proven penalty taker isn't he? Leave your ego behind, give it to the most likely candidate to get us over the line.

Numerous players had absolute stinkers. Not just bad games, absolute howlers. I'm looking at N'didi, Soyuncu, Vardy, and towards the end Maddison.

Can't believe we've lost that. All the above prevantable factors combined were the only possible way we could have lost that game.

Can't remember the last time I was so agitated by a defeat.

If Puel goes before the next game I wouldn't question it.

From this the only one you could pin on Puel was the subs. And so... which of Simpson, Iborra or Fuchs should he have brought on provide an 'injection of urgency and pace'? Or are you saying Danny Ward is proper rapid?

1 minute ago, turtmcfly said:

From this the only one you could pin on Puel was the subs. And so... which of Simpson, Iborra or Fuchs should he have brought on provide an 'injection of urgency and pace'? Or are you saying Danny Ward is proper rapid?

Easy.

Change to 433.

Pereira Maguire Soy Chilwell

Mendy Maddison Iborra

Gray Vardy Albrighton

Next question?

I’m almost wishing Maddison had scored the penalty more so this in fighting thread goes away than us getting the win! 

That goes in, we’ve won. Cardiff not coming back from that and our confidence would have grown. As it was, it was terrible. Nacho should have taken it, not just because he’s a better spot kick taker but because the lad is in desperate need of a goal and some confidence. 

Agree with all the comments that we need more drive from midfield and have to get better and cutting through obstinate teams. Here’s hoping transfer window... 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Frost said:

Hamza not even in the squad, unbelievable, how must the lad be feeling? Such poor management.

What haven t you understood by Choudry being ill,!!!!

by all means have an opinion,but only after you have collected all the information...

Quite a few of the squad...including some gameda y players were or are ill.......

we should of won,yes!!! But the fault lays by the players.....

2 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

If as you say the quality of the squad is not good enough then whose fault is that if not the managers? 

I would blame the recruitment that has happened since we were champions. 

I don't think recruitment is in many managers areas of responsibility these days.  Certainly not that of Slimani, Musa, Silva, Iheanacho, etc.

Was livid at the end of the game and after the subs.

Where is the consistency?

Why can we not play the team that won the last two games?

Why wasnt hamza playing who has been outstanding?

Htf is Ghezzal and nacho stealing livings as pro footballers?

What does shinji offer?

Why take vardy off even tho he did have a shit game. How is nacho an improvement?

****ing waste of my Saturday.

18 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

With respect, we will have to disagree.

Many people commented before that we had to rotate, that the game would be different. We were forced into at least one change by illness.

Some of our players who played brilliantly in recent games, and who most of us would have selected, just were not at it today.

I don’t agree that the result today is Puel’s fault.

I can't believe he drop in form creative Choudhary why ? And of course, I respect your points too but I still feel the lack of creative midfield which Choudhary provide in the last two games was sorely missed today. Mendi and N'Diddi play too much alike and simply can't create the kind of openings we need today against a side with 11 men behind the ball.

19 minutes ago, Guest said:

Those last two games totally sum us up under Puel. Either buy a handful of players with the movement and intelligence to break these teams down or find a manager with a different idea of how to do it. These players can't carry out his instructions and he's made it clear enough he's not going to change.

The reaction to the Vardy sub was so, so embarrassing, like a group of mardy children having their favourite toy taken away. Contributed nothing all game except wasting some of our best opportunities. So far off the pace. Have to think he's still carrying a knock, but then if he doesn't start there's a swathe of articles crying at him being dropped and all our fans on Puel's back before a ball's been kicked.

I think people were booing the change not Vardy but I agree it was totally unacceptable.

Just so predictable and frustrating. Whilst I accept the limitations of the personnel we have I.e. no holdup striker surely we have to try something different when plan a doesnt work. To simply sub a striker for a striker (and one who is significantly worse) is crazy. Two great results but decision making today has baffled me. Opened the red wine to try and block that out. 

12 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Typical Leicester.

First half we looked alright but had to rely on long shots.

Second half I felt we lost control of the game from about 60 mins, we then missed the penalty, after that you just knew we wouldn't score.

Our squad depth is piss poor especially in the forward areas, bringing on Ghezzal and Iheanacho as a fan you have zero confidence in them.

Ghezzal is an absolute waste of space, the ball to Maddison was on but instead he tries to take on two players in his own half, gives it away then they score. 

Ricardo for me was the only positive again, Soyuncu played well for 60 mins but then made some errors.

We lost control of the game coz puel had no idea what to do.

We lost the game.  ..not coz they scored a great goal. ... but coz we created nothing... esp after half time.

Hamza decision was ridiculous.

Grey has not kearned to mix up his decision making. He takes the ball with head down and is a tactical deadend... he needs to sort his decision making out and shoukd be nowhere near the furst 11. 

Pipper is right ghezzel is league one at best.

Nacho is finished 

It turns out we beat chekski and man city in spite if puel  .... its tine for Puel to go.

4 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Easy.

Change to 433.

Pereira Maguire Soy Chilwell

Mendy Maddison Iborra

Gray Vardy Albrighton

Next question?

Could even add Okazaki on for Mendy if still pushing for a goal towards the end. Shift Albrighton into the middle 3 and have Okazaki join Gray and Vardy up top.

Convinced yet?

10 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Should have won really, had enough chances even besides the penalty but so lethargic up top.

Maddison was woeful, take out that garbage pile of a penalty, he was marked out of the game by Gunnarson but made it easy by not making any movement, not saying to Gray "let's swap for a bit" or trying to get Gunnarson out of his comfort zone.

That said, Vardy was even worse. Offered nothing, looked a yard short of everything and spent the day watching passes bounce off him. The boos when he was taken off were embarrassing (because we all know they weren't for his performance), and shows how much he can get away with. Iheanacho offered more than he did, and if the roles were reversed Iheanacho would be getting rightly slated and Vardy hailed. Instead, nothing said about Vardy and no credit to Iheanacho.

Other than that Ghezzal was fully at fault for the goal. You can't legislate for that sort of strike, Mendy did close but not quick enough, but that comes from Ghezzal seeing Iheanacho making a run and rather than trying to drop it there for him, taking a man on then standing waving his arms after losing it.

Also, shout out for their keeper. Good saves but I've never seen someone dumb enough to try and take a goal kick from the edge of his own box

It's very fashionable at the moment for people defending Puel and some of his decisions to take a good swipe at Vardy along the way, as if to say 'all you guys who think this isn't good enough, well, your hero's not up to much right now, so why not blame him instead?'. I'm quite uncomfortable about this Puels Vs. Vardy feeling that's growing, and it's even more evident in posts like this than it is in many posts from the 'Puel Outers'.

Vardy obviously wasn't responsible, and hasn't been (just like Iheanacho hasn't been, for the most part), responsible for the woeful lack of supply when our five man midfield comes up against a side that sits deep to snuff out the counter. We're talking about a guy who's played three games in a week, with an injury, at almost 32, scoring in one of them and ploughing a lone furrow with plenty of enthusiasm, and few opportunities today. He's also, as a footnote, one of the greatest figures in our club's history, and was almost singularly responsible for keeping the manager in a job last season. And as for slating the fans who booed the decision, well, if he'd stayed on we'd most likely have gone 1-0 up in the event of winning a penalty. So they have a point.

I'm not a Puel Outer (to sack your manager who took over a 14th placed side a year ago, finished 9th, has us there or thereabouts now, in a transitional season, after what happened to our Chairman, and our previous two results, would be insanity) but I'm not going to pick sides either. When Puel gets something wrong, it's easier for everyone if we acknowledge that something went wrong, without lambasting him or anyone else for it.

A case in point: Whatever any of the critics say, the line-up made sense today. It's also true that lots of sides, especially ones who counter effectively, suffer weird results when inferior sides sit deep. But when it became clear late in the first half that it wasn't working out, why didn't we tweak things? Why didn't we press a little higher, which is what all the top sides do when sides are eliminating the possibility of a quick counter? And why can't we Puel-inners acknowledge that the subs didn't work out? Why didn't we deal with the shortcomings of our two defensive DMs? Or the fact that Gray, for instance, was so wasteful?

The pro-Puel argument would be a lot more convincing if we could concede that, at times, he didn't get it right, and yes, he made some fairly clear errors. If we acknowledge this, we can fix it. If we stubbornly insist that it was Vardy's fault, or back-biting traitors, or general laziness, or bad luck, or a single moment of brilliance, or Maddison's penalty-taking, then we don't get anywhere.

So what are the solutions if they're not 'crush the traitors' or 'sack the boss'?

If it's personnel, then we have other options than Gray, Maddison, Mendy, Ndidi, Silva, Iborra, Ghezzal, Albrighton for midfield, which is where we're struggling in these games. And I take the view that, as much as Gray and Maddison can look wonderful on the ball, they're not necessarily what we need to break sides like Cardiff down. For my part, I'd love to keep Barnes out on loan all season, but our five-man midfield struggles to play at any sort of tempo, on or off the ball, when we play sides who sit deep. So we can tweak our game plan, or our formation, or we try different options. Either the system or the personnel needs to change, so if we don't want to lunge into the transfer market, why not use what we have at our disposal, in Barnes?

And, if I were Puel, I'd accept that when we look good this season, it's because we play like Leicester, rather than like Puel ideally wants us to play. These players, including the ones he's championed, struggle to play the way he'd like them to play for a large percentage of games. That doesn't mean we stop trying to play possession, and aim to hit deep-sitting sides on counters which simply won't work, but in a game like today we should have pressed a lot better.

A little more adaptability within games, and being a little faster to accept when something isn't working, might be the key to Puel staying on.

But the blame game, that's definitely not the solution. And Puel would lose, too.

• Like 1