Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Ghezzal....

4 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Caught in possession in his own half for the goal might be one of the reasons 

Most of our players committed some mistakes and lost possession in own half today.

Ndidi was more at fault for not closing down for the goal.

Not sure why people think he was so bad today??

He showed some good touches, passing and crossing today. Did more than quite a few others.

9 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Played one of the better passes of the day to send Maddison in for the penalty. More than Albrighton or Gray did today. Don't know why he has been chosen as the scapegoat

Do not forget that lovely touch to create a chance for himself from Ndidi's lofted ball which was tricky to control.   I honestly would start him over Gray going forward.   

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

In terms of the score at the time 0-0 

yes him losing the ball in the last few minutes has cost the team a point.

maddison missed the pen, but also made it out of nothing 

My point being that the game wasn't lost by Camarasa scoring a worldy after Ghezzal giving the ball away. The game was lost by below average performances from our key players including Vardy and Maddison but of course its easy to just slate one player for the result. Gray was horrendous again today, first touch like a bear but ive seen no mention of his contribution or should i say lack of contribution. Im not a huge fan of Ghezzal and im as frustrated as anyone after today's result and performance but i think its too easy for fans to make a scapegoat of one player when the whole team bar 1 or 2 were absolutely dreadful! 

• Like 4

He might have been at fault for the goal but it didn't help that Wilf stood off and turned his back on the shot like a big pussy. Ghezzal no worse than others overall today for me.

Edited by Izzy
  • Like 1

Puel doesn't help him, I think he's doggers but he's never going to improve or look any better in the role that he's in. He's not talented or bright enough to be able to be this sub that changes the game and the more he's used like that the more he'll attract stick from the majority of the fan base. Tbf to him, i think today was one of his best performances which does cast a light on how mediocre he's been since arriving. 

Don't rate him particularly highly but he looked about the only player capable of making something happen, played a couple of lovely passes and made one or two chances for himself. No surprise whatsoever that him and Iheanacho are the immediate scapegoats despite not really doing anything wrong

43 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Poor poor player, lost the ball and just carried on running away from play, then they scored straight from it. I thought we had decent options off the bench but he certainly isn’t one of them...:dunno:

Would you have started this pointless thread if his deft shot on goal had gone in the top corner? 

40 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

In terms of the score at the time 0-0 

yes him losing the ball in the last few minutes has cost the team a point.

maddison missed the pen, but also made it out of nothing 

There were enough players who could have closed the ball down, after he lost it. Ndidi being one of them. 

Im not a massive fan of Ghezzal but him being used as a scapegoat is ridiculous. 

Him and Gray have undoubted naturalability/talent. But right now, at the highest level, both are being exposed by poor decision making, often very basic - pass and move, clear it to safety etc. Let's hope in both cases  with more time/experience/confidence the level of decision making improves.

If Puel knew Albrighton was knackered then Ghezzal should be starting today in the first place. He lost the ball yes but our defenders were caught ball watching. Before that he was lively, he tried to make things happen, had couple attempts on goal and thanks to his pass Madders won that penalty. He offers considerably more than Gray atm. But if Puel will continue keeping him on the bench, he will never live up to his potential and transfer value and people on here will keep saying he's another bad signing. Sadly CP would rather start spent Albrighton and Vards than give a chance to well rested players.

I don’t know what game people were watching, Vardy, Albrighton, Gray, and Maddison all looked poor - the subs were inevitable. 

Ghezzal didn’t play badly at all, his decision making was poor when he decided to try running up the line and got tackled but apart from that he didn’t hide from the ball, like others did.

Maddison flatters to deceive and he messed up the penalty..again, Vardys control was abysmal and he missed a one on one ..again! Albrighton didn’t offer that much... again!

But hey let’s blame Ghezall and Nacho..Again!! Too many ‘supporters’ have blinkers on..

• Like 3

Needs time, not to come on 20 mins a game. I think he should play behind the forward as he played this role against Liverpool and was our best player. Today, in a central position, he played a nice a great ball through to Vardy but Vardy's touch was shit.