Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Ghezzal....

2 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

He did well to create the chance that bamba blocked, good run and turn. He laid a great ball into vardy that he miscontrolled and he played the one two with Maddison that led to the penalty...... pls can people tell me what Albrighton and Gray did above that yesterday?

Fair point but to me whenever he does something half decent he always almost looks as if he does it by accident.

He just looks so clumsy on the ball and I think he also lacks awareness, strength and the nouse to make quick decisions. I've also seen him give the ball away needlessly many times and then not even attempt to really win it back e.g like yesterday for the goal. 

Just now, oadby.fox said:

Fair point but to me whenever he does something half decent he always almost looks as if he does it by accident.

He just looks so clumsy on the ball and I think he also lacks awareness, strength and the nouse to make quick decisions. I've also seen him give the ball away needlessly many times and then not even attempt to really win it back e.g like yesterday for the goal. 

Equally fair points mate. I'm not saying he's absolutely quality or anything, in fact probably a panic buy but he's showed glimpses and I think he can improve. Don't think he deserves the battering he's getting 

16 hours ago, The Blur said:

Do not forget that lovely touch to create a chance for himself from Ndidi's lofted ball which was tricky to control.   I honestly would start him over Gray going forward.   

15 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Did more in his cameo performance than Gray did all match.

Both me and my mate were happy when Gray went off. If people need a scapegoat blame Gray. 

I posted this a few weeks ago, imo there is nothing to add....

Last night when I watched Rachid Ghezzal I was wondering again who had the idea to buy him. Maybe some of the foxes fans are interested in his statistics during his AS Monaco year, here they are - he played 26 matches of 38 total League1 matches. He was substituted in 19 games (mostly after 65min or later), replaced in 5 games and played through 90min in 2 games. He scored twice and would have NO assist. In 4 Champions League matches he was substituted 2x, replaced 1x and in the fourth game he received a red card. These characteristics were worth LCFC to buy him for 10m. After the title winning season the list of useless new players is not too short, therefore imo LCFC should think about their scouting department...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Equally fair points mate. I'm not saying he's absolutely quality or anything, in fact probably a panic buy but he's showed glimpses and I think he can improve. Don't think he deserves the battering he's getting 

Agree, he does seem a bit lazy, like when he loses possession or gives it away, just seems to give up, bit like Mahrez in that respect. 

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Both me and my mate were happy when Gray went off. If people need a scapegoat blame Gray. 

Why does there always have to be a scapegoat? I wasn't at yesterday's game, but by all accounts, all our players were rancid. What is it with this weird obsession we have with picking out just one or two players for a kicking on FoxesTalk?

This thread (and some of the others on the first page) are another example of how pre-conceived thoughts really do affect the brain. Before both of them came on yesterday several people around me were chuntering at the prospect of Ghezzal and (to a greater degree) Iheanacho coming on. Whatever either of them did was going to be filtered through that blinkered viewpoint.

Again, its interesting to see which players have had a thread dedicated to them since the match and who hasn’t. To my mind, Ghezzal strengths are that he plays with his head up, is technically pretty good and keeps possession well. He also manages to find space for himself  too. On the flip side, he lacks pace, but what makes this worse is that he dwells when on the ball, rather than releasing it quickly. 

I’m not saying he’s going to be an amazing player for us, but I think there’s a realistic prospect that he could be a good squad player, which for his fee isn’t the worst thing in the world.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Why does there always have to be a scapegoat? I wasn't at yesterday's game, but by all accounts, all our players were rancid. What is it with this weird obsession we have with picking out just one or two players for a kicking on FoxesTalk?

Don't think they're judged during one game... It's a cumulative thing! 

Same applies to Iheanacho it's a series of poor performances.

25 minutes ago, mucfox said:

Last night when I watched Rachid Ghezzal I was wondering again who had the idea to buy him. Maybe some of the foxes fans are interested in his statistics during his AS Monaco year, here they are - he played 26 matches of 38 total League1 matches. He was substituted in 19 games (mostly after 65min or later), replaced in 5 games and played through 90min in 2 games. He scored twice and would have NO assist. In 4 Champions League matches he was substituted 2x, replaced 1x and in the fourth game he received a red card. These characteristics were worth LCFC to buy him for 10m. After the title winning season the list of useless new players is not too short, therefore imo LCFC should think about their scouting department...

The scouting department didnt want him.

Edited by Abrasive fox

He's a professional footballer.  He has defensive duties.  There are very few players whoa re not required to defend.  He cost us the game yesterday.  It was great goal but Cardiff got the ball for free off Ghezzal who, failing to notice he no longer had the ball,  ran off down the pitch a little bit.  While Cardiff were beginning to use their free use of the ball, Ghezzal did a little bit of frustrated gesticulation practice.  An alternative for Ghezzal would have been to go and limit the space of the goal scorer..  The goal scorer enjoyed his use of space and is probably thankful to Ghezzal.

Perhaps Ghezzal could consider his defensive duties.  If not, perhaps he could not play.

• Like 2

He needs time. He almost created some good chances using his skills well. Yeah he was at fault for the goal, but credit where credits due. It was an absolute screamer, I myself applauded it. But Mendy and Ndidi (yet again), didn't close him down quick enough and we conceded Another long range goal. But its an area to work on and Gazelle will get better in time. For the moment, we certainly don't need to be booing our team, they need our support, we're the twelfth man. Act like it. They'll need all the support they can get for a tough game against Everton. Hopefully, we can bounce back and get the 3 points. Up the Foxes! #Positivitee.

11 hours ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

He did well to create the chance that bamba blocked, good run and turn. He laid a great ball into vardy that he miscontrolled and he played the one two with Maddison that led to the penalty...... pls can people tell me what Albrighton and Gray did above that yesterday?

He actually let the chance go by taking an extra touch. He could have got a shot away but almost seemed to invite the block. 

Are you saying he should get an assist for the penalty? Albrighton putting on his boots in the changing room offers more than Ghezzal; admittedly Gray has gone backwards this year which is a shame. Plenty of skill, not plenty of brain cells. 

11 hours ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

My thoughts exactly, another player that gets a lot of criticism but actually most of the time does actually create some decent stuff. Let’s not forget that great long range goal against whoever it was too :) 

6 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

He actually let the chance go by taking an extra touch. He could have got a shot away but almost seemed to invite the block. 

Are you saying he should get an assist for the penalty? Albrighton putting on his boots in the changing room offers more than Ghezzal; admittedly Gray has gone backwards this year which is a shame. Plenty of skill, not plenty of brain cells. 

I didn't say that no. I made a point that he offered a bit more creativity when he came on by getting in decent positions and linking play. The chance where bamba blocked was good play by ghezzal, his run and first touch made the chance. Like I say, I don't think he's anything special or the answer but there's absolutely no way he did badly yesterday. Time will tell whether he's a good buy or not

• Like 1

For me, needs to be played a 10, when he come on, as he has no pace, but has a decent touch and pass.

Not a world beater but some people are over the top with beating the bloke down, did more than Gray in 20 minutes than Gray did in the whole game. 

Edited by coolhandfox

10 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I would give him another go in the ten behind Vardy when madison needs a rest (or a hook) .........

Same. He did well as a 10 v Burnley. He looks better there than as a winger. In the centre he has shown that he can play quick one two's or clever little passes and his lack of pace is less of an issue. He seems more a passer than a dribbler. 

He’s not up for the physical side which is against most teams below us. But not good enough against the less physical teams which are generally those above us. Technically he’s got it in abundance. 

12 hours ago, mucfox said:

Says it all on Puels ability at spotting talent.