Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Ghezzal....

1 hour ago, Foxboy said:

Let me guess. Puel is the reason we signed Ghezzal but had nothing to do with signing Ricardo, Maddison, Soyuncu or Benkovic?

twist the narrative to suit your agenda, oh and out of that lot only Ricardo has proved himself a decent signing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Didn't many people on here say that Chilwell and Pereira weren't good enough when Puel persisted with them? Didn't they also groan and question his judgement when he put Mendy in the line up. Now, let's get a blank piece of paper and get all those that did, to write down their vast qualifications and football knowledge and experience on a CV and we can forward them to Rudkin for consideration of being the new manager. That should get us straight back into the Champions League, even without any transfer windows! Has it occurred to anyone that Ghezzal, Soyuncu and Choudhury's slow introductions might just be for a reason? Just because we don't know the full reasons and gossip and it doesn't meet with our approval, it doesn't make it wrong. Ghezzal isn't a Marhez replacement which would be a heavy burden for anyone to carry here. Is he even going to end up as a winger? We'll just have to see but in the meantime, let's not just slag him off like many did with Chilwell. And we wonder why players appear aloof these days and 'not loyal' to their clubs. After two fantastic performances which took a heavy toll, they lost a game at the death on Saturday against the run of play in a match that was always going to be a dirge before it had even stated.  They looked knackered and dejected. Their reward ... they got booed off the pitch. Happy New Year lads! 

I can't speak for others, most certainly I didn't boo and when I heard them I assumed this was directed at Puel. I don't agree with booing as it can knock confidence of players but I can't manage that with the masses.

Perhaps you're right about Ghezzal and that one day he may come good but based off the evidence I doubt that and was more of a panic buy. Never seen him produce anything of notable quality and he doesn't exactly have a glittering career so far, 1 good season out of many.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

I can't speak for others, most certainly I didn't boo and when I heard them I assumed this was directed at Puel. I don't agree with booing as it can knock confidence of players but I can't manage that with the masses.

Perhaps you're right about Ghezzal and that one day he may come good but based off the evidence I doubt that and was more of a panic buy. Never seen him produce anything of notable quality and he doesn't exactly have a glittering career so far, 1 good season out of many.

He probably won't become anything but too early to write him off and certainly for those that do, slag him off. My own very limited opinion is that he doesn't look much of a winger but during a short cameo in the number 10 role and in the middle,  he looked tricky, more comfortable and far more likely to make something happen or score than Nacho. If Maddison needed a rest or replacing in the second half, I wouldn't be disappointed to see him have another try in that role.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m4DD0gg said:

twist the narrative to suit your agenda, oh and out of that lot only Ricardo has proved himself a decent signing.

So Maddison hasn’t proved to be a decent signing eventhough he’s scored/created the most goals for us this season?  Also I’d say benkovic has proved himself to be a decent signing considering his age and that he is receiving nothing but compliments on his loan spell at Celtic. Soyuncu aswell, hasn’t had many chances to play for us but has been solid in every game bar 1 or 2 mistakes.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

He would've definitely have come to us if the clubs had got their acts together.

As for Ghezzal, I will go against public opinion and say there's something in him. He hasn't done much for us admittedly but I think he has glimmers of quality. Might just take him a while to settle and/or play in a different system, maybe under a different manager.

I just don't see any quality in him, compare him to say Knockeart not much pace but great skill, Mahrez pacey, skilfull both are a bit one footed but this guy hasn't got any of that apart from being one footed.

Unfortunately I just don't see him being any good here and if Puel ever leaves he'll not get a sniff of first team action. It makes me wonder how much we are paying him each week? I don't mind Diabate as much to be honest he didn't cost much won't be on a lot, young who can develop with the right coaching.

57 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Surprised at the defence of him. What he did leading to their goal on Saturday was absolutely idiotic and as daft as anything we’ve seen this season 

It isnt like he was the last man though. If we didnt concede an absolute screamer then losing possession there would have meant nothing. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

Just because he's Algerian, stop liking him to Mahrez. He isn't as good as him and he never will be because Mahrez is world class. Get that into your craniums lads.

For the record, thats not me saying that. But people were hoping he would be his replacement. 

Obviously there are similarities, he's Algerian, left footed and plays in the same position, but that's about it. 

Too many fans are expecting too much. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Surprised at the defence of him. What he did leading to their goal on Saturday was absolutely idiotic and as daft as anything we’ve seen this season 

Soyuncu nearly gifted them a goal, not for the first time in his few appearances. You don't write players off on the back of the odd mistake.

8 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The defence of him stems from people realising that his mistake alone was not the reason for our defeat! Maddison scores the pen, we win 1-0. Our best players actually play to their potential, we probably win comfortably. Tiredness was a factor for our poor performance but the game was not lost by Ghezzals mistake, the game was lost by poor performances from everyone bar 1 or 2 players. He was bringing the ball out and clearly trying to get us back on the attack to try and win the game and he gives the ball away. Poor yes, but then nobody behind him attempted to close down camarasa. Same as in the palace game. Yes he ****ed up, yes he played a big part in us conceding what was the winning goal but he cannot be solely blamed for the defeat. We should have been out of sight by that point in the game. If it was Albrighton or Vardy or any fans favourite that did what he did, it would barely be talked about, but because its a new player who hasn't really shone when hes played so far, alot on here have to use him as a scapegoat. I understand the frustrations, i was livid at the cardiff result but to solely blame  1 player for the defeat is just ridiculous! Especially as he had played ok before the mistake and actually looked more of a threat than Gray or Albrighton after he came on. 

Edited by jayfox26
  • Like 4

Judging by the content of a lot of these threads I think winning the league was quite bad for our clubs support.

When we started to do well we acquired a lot of extra fans who just don't understand what it's like to support Leicester City Football Club long term. 

These are great times. We have one of the best squads we've ever had and we're on course for one of our best ever seasons as a football club. 

But looking at the forum and listening to other fans it doesn't seem to sink in. It's just winge winge winge, moan moan moan.

I hope in the new year all these new moaning fans just piss off and support some else who will give them some happiness for thier sake as they must be miserable right now. I hear Liverpool are doing quite well. But they have a German manager.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Ceirboy said:

It's fair to say that most of Claude's signings are hopeless, they fit his desired ethos of yesteryear football. 

Most are hopeless?

So you don’t rate Pereira and Maddison?

Too soon to tell on Soyuncu and Benkovic. 

Danny Ward has done well in the League Cup especially penalties. 

Jury’s out on Diabate and Ghezzal. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Most are hopeless?

So you don’t rate Pereira and Maddison?

Too soon to tell on Soyuncu and Benkovic. 

Danny Ward has done well in the League Cup especially penalties. 

Jury’s out on Diabate and Ghezzal. 

I rate them both, yes. But if he was responsible for Maddison, then it's 2 out of 7, if he wasn't, then 1 out of 7.

Not forgetting we went out on penalties!

Edited by Ceirboy

6 minutes ago, Ceirboy said:

I rate them both, yes. But if he was responsible for Maddison, then it's 2 out of 7, if he wasn't, then 1 out of 7.

Surely if Puel wasn't responsible for Maddison then it's 1 out of 6? We're not taking credit away from him but keeping the player in the number of signings to make the success rate look worse are we?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ceirboy said:

Yes, but if Soyuncu and Benkovic are written off as suggested, then its 2/5. Ward can also be fairly written off, so 2/4. Then Diabate cost little, so was worth a punt.

6 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Surely if Puel wasn't responsible for Maddison then it's 1 out of 6? We're not taking credit away from him but keeping the player in the number of signings to make the success rate look worse are we?

Yes, I agree. My arithmetic was poor at that point. I've had a few. gulp!

Edited by Ceirboy
Changed because i've supped a few
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Ceirboy said:

It's fair to say that most of Claude's signings are hopeless, they fit his desired ethos of yesteryear football. 

We cant comment on Benko as he hasnt played for us yet but has looked good for Celtic. Soyuncu also hasn't played much, not sure why, maybe he isn't good enough or maybe hes taking time to settle into a new country and new league. Either way, we can't judge him yet as he hasnt played enough to make that decision. Ward has been very good in the league cup games but again cant be judged thoroughly as he hasnt played enough (i would imagine his lack of game time being down to kasper being a great keeper rather than him not being good enough). Diabate hasnt done much to prove hes good enough for us and would benefit from a loan to the championship so we can see if he has anything about him. He was cheap so not a huge issue if hes a dud. Maddison has huge potential and we have already seen how good he can be but we know he has work to do to be the finished article, but given his age, if he was the finished article he wouldnt be playing for us. Ricardo had a slow start, as to be expected for a foreign player in their 1st season in the prem, but he is proving to be an excellent signing. On current form, i cant think of a better rb outside the top 6 than him and his versatility is a great asset as we know we can use him as a winger when Amartey returns and/or we sign another rb. Ghezzal hasnt done a great deal to show his worth but again hasn't played a great deal and could be struggling to settle in a new league/country as well as struggling to deal with the high expectations of quite a few City fans. 

To sum up, its far too early to write off any of Puels signings and we wont know until the summer at the earliest! 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Ceirboy said:

Or, it could be said that they weren't bought for an assault on the upper reaches of the championship but for the rigours of doing a year in the Premier League and clearly aren't good enough.

As I said in my previous post, we won't know if they are good enough until the summer at least. We all wrote Mendy off and hes come back a different player this season. Many wrote Chilwell off and now he's England's number 1 left back. Most of us wrote Vardy off when we first signed him. My point being, some players take longer to settle than others and you can't just write them off after a few games. Some of Puels signings (Ghezzal and Diabate) may turn out crap but im confident all his other signings will turn out well for us. Hes only had 1 real transfer window as last January was never going to see any major signings. We sold arguably our best ever player and we were never going to be able to get a like for like replacement. While Puel has his faults, I don't feel his transfer business thus far is one of them.