Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

9 hours ago, Robin JD Popley said:

Well I personally would be very happy if Brendan Rodgers took over from Puel (should he go in the next few days/weeks). I know Scottish football is not the greatest standard but he's been at some very big clubs and with Liverpool, bar Klopp, took them within reach of winning the top flight for the first time in years.

He did a good job with Swansea but after one good year when he benefitted from Suarez and Sturridge it all went tits up. There was similar dressing room unrest and calls that the man hadn't a clue and was arrogant. Gerrard particularly didn't get on back then allegedly. He'd have to be a complete muppet not to win the Scottish Premiership with Celtic who don't thus far seem to be having it all there own way this year. Not for me he's never actually achieved anything. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

So, on top of his 'turgid' football and 'not good enough' league position, you're also critical of the way he conducted himself after the helicopter crash?

The with against Cardiff happened despite him?

Ok, I've totally got the picture now. Pointless in us continuing the debate.

I can see the faults in Puel, you seem incapable of giving the guy any creedence at all (in my opinion).

Not critical, just not willing to give credit or overlook other factors for it. Neutral on that one if you like (won't praise but won't criticise either)

But, yes, I think the Cardiff win happened despite him. As the form book and subsequent performances would suggest and due to the exceptional nature of circumstances.

I'm strongly Puel Out but I can give him credit. He's had a tough gig as the 'transition man' and he's tried to change a rather one-dimensional style whilst bringing through some young players. I just think we could do better and I see no reason for someone who has qualities that Puel lacks to come in and finish the job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

That's still not good are you actually mad???

If losing only 2 in 9 is still not good for a mid table prem team, there's an empty seat at the Etihad waiting for you. I suggest you go sit there. Well, until they lose a couple of games at least, then you can reconsider your options. :wave:

Edited by Max Wall

Just now, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Not critical, just not willing to give credit or overlook other factors for it. Neutral on that one if you like (won't praise but won't criticise either)

But, yes, I think the Cardiff win happened despite him. As the form book and subsequent performances would suggest and due to the exceptional nature of circumstances.

I'm strongly Puel Out but I can give him credit. He's had a tough gig as the 'transition man' and he's tried to change a rather one-dimensional style whilst bringing through some young players. I just think we could do better and I see no reason for someone who has qualities that Puel lacks to come in and finish the job.

Who ?

Our managerial recruitment record isn’t great generally! 

Just now, Mike Oxlong said:

Who ?

Our managerial recruitment record isn’t great generally! 

So this question also gets trotted out a lot in this discussion. And my answer is that it's not my job to know or decide who.

But there should be someone at the club who has a list of the next three potential 'whos'. There's no reason we can't find a good pedigree manager given our profile and resources.

If we don't have that, then Puel's not the only one who should be on his way.

One thing I can guarantee is that Claude Puel is not the only manager in world football capable of helping Leicester City complete this 'transition'.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Good reply.

Well, we disagree on some things, though not all I hasten to add.

I dunno, I'm just disappointed the player thing has come up yet again. If there's any truth in that part, it means I wasted weeks on end defending the players against every dickhead who said they were snakes. I would be more satisfied if the club just came out and said they weren't happy with progress and relieved him of his duties than another round of tales from the dressing room. It's just ****ing depressing tbh.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

So this question also gets trotted out a lot in this discussion. And my answer is that it's not my job to know or decide who.

But there should be someone at the club who has a list of the next three potential 'whos'. There's no reason we can't find a good pedigree manager given our profile and resources.

One thing I can guarantee is that Claude Puel is not the only manager in world football capable of helping Leicester City complete this 'transition'.

Trotted out lol 

I’m not as confident in the recruitment team  as you seem to be

• Like 1

Just now, Mike Oxlong said:

Trotted out lol 

I’m not as confident in the recruitment team  as you seem to be

I didn't say I had confidence and I actually think that this is a part of the club that perhaps hasn't moved with the progress we've made in all other areas in recent years.

But that doesn't mean that we should be accepting of that fact and just stick with Puel because we haven't got as good an idea as we could have on who the next

man is. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

The only thing there Wharfer is that we've already had a couple of attempts at finding a 'good pedigree' manager.

Those haven't really worked out though. Do you back us to do any better this month if we have to? If you do, you have more faith than me.

I've said on more than one occasion, if Puel is to be sacked, then, unless we're in serious trouble, it should be at the end of the season to allow us time to make the best decision possible. I still think that's the case.

If, however, Puel is upsetting club employees out with the players, then his position is pretty much untenable.

Is it true though? Or is it people with an axe to grind stirring it?

I guess time will tell now.

I have nothing against Puel for his character, but his ability as a football manager is average, maybe we should Be content to be midtable but we have loftier ambitions than that, if we can bring in a better replacement, then I am all for it.

• Thanks 1