Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

15 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

There's some nonsense being spouted here.

The only people who can get any manager fired are the playing staff who let him down on the pitch.

The 'old guard' have not let him down on the pitch. Schmeichel remains key, and - like most of the title-winning side - deserves huge credit for his service to the club. We're immensely lucky to have one of the world's most respected goalkeepers playing for Leicester City. Morgan has been in better form than any of our CBs this season. Albrighton is our hardest-working player. As for the peripheral players, Okazaki's application is rarely questioned, and Fuchs has provided good cover.  With the exception of King and Simpson, there's no case for the 'old guard' putting Puel's job at risk.

Vardy, who is the single biggest reason for Puel still being in a job (on account of his incredible conversion rate last season, regardless of his form this season), has said nothing which undermines the manager. In fact, he takes responsibility in his comments.

The players who have let him down the most, either through poor form or failing to provide competition for places, are not the same players who were accused of letting Ranieri down (though, it should be underlined, Ranieri explicitly refused to accuse them of betraying him). Ndidi, Gray, Iheanacho, Iborra, Silva, Ghezzal and Diabate have all been far more questionable, in terms of providing serious options / consistent performances.

Realistically, what happened after our title win was that our players got old, one of the world's best midfielders left and wasn't replaced, some suffered poor form, Ranieri lost his way, recruitment was wasteful, the replacement for Ranieri wasn't a proper manager, and the replacement's replacement wasn't a good fit. In fact, if his experience at Southampton comes into consideration, it's likely he isn't a particularly good fit for anyone at this level. 

These explanations make far more sense than the idea that our title winners are a bunch of snakes who are impossible for anyone other than Nigel Pearson to manage. If you want to blame anyone, blame those who recruit players and managers, rather than our players.

I'm not in the Puel out camp myself, but it's stunning that so many people are desperate to scapegoat club legends in their bid to excuse this man, who has a mixed record at this level and has made enough obvious errors of his own for us to question his judgement. If he's in trouble, I can pinpoint perfectly evident flaws - from team selections to communicative skills to his steady but unspectacular and unpopular tenures at two different clubs - which should be discussed before the application of our 'old guard' comes into question. If anything, they're the guys that have kept him in a job up to now.

If he's lost 'nearly everyone', at his second club on the bounce, then I'd be looking a bit more closely at Puel. And if you want to blame anyone for our decline, look at him, look at the competence of Shakespeare, look at how Ranieri managed the title aftermath, look at the departure of Kante, the dreadful recruitment after he left, before you go demonising people who have earned a little more respect.

Good post but I’m not persuaded that Vardy needed to or should have done a “he’s not playing to my strengths” interview at a time when there are many calls to dismiss the manager from fans.

It’s bound to stir the shit behind the scenes and in the media. 

This sort of thing should remain in the dressing room and on the training ground IMO. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MPH said:

it will be amazing how quickly he recovers if Puel is sacked...

Recover from being in the comeback  stage of an injury that just means not being fit to play every match right now? Yeah, that stage doesn't tend to last too long. Not sure how Puels sacking will speed it up...

5 hours ago, MPH said:

it will be amazing how quickly he recovers if Puel is sacked...

If he does, then he can F off too.

Unsure how true these dissent stories are, but looks less and less likely they are groundless.

Southampton mk2 incoming. I know what happens next. :(

7 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

Leonardo Jardim would get Leicester playing exciting football 

Unlikely, he would try but then realise he's stuck with players that cant play that way. Then they cry to the press and he gets sacked. The Leicester job is a poisoned chalice at the minute.

7 hours ago, Foxxed said:

If we sack the manager before we're even near the relegation zone because Vardy is unhappy then I doubt any but the most delusional managers will even consider us.

Manure have just done this because Pogba was unhappy.   It is called Player Power.

I haven't been a puel out, only because I wanted to see some stability. Though you have to stick with the right manager and puel isn't.

The whole snakes/player power thing. I agree with you should give your all as the fans pay money. But it is difficult if the manager keeps making strange decisions, and treats people with no respect(if treatment of Silva is to believed).

Tuesday night was a massive chance like last year and we rested players and threw away that chance.

Edited by teblin

2 hours ago, inckley fox said:

There's some nonsense being spouted here.

The only people who can get any manager fired are the playing staff who let him down on the pitch.

The 'old guard' have not let him down on the pitch. Schmeichel remains key, and - like most of the title-winning side - deserves huge credit for his service to the club. We're immensely lucky to have one of the world's most respected goalkeepers playing for Leicester City. Morgan has been in better form than any of our CBs this season. Albrighton is our hardest-working player. As for the peripheral players, Okazaki's application is rarely questioned, and Fuchs has provided good cover.  With the exception of King and Simpson, there's no case for the 'old guard' putting Puel's job at risk.

Vardy, who is the single biggest reason for Puel still being in a job (on account of his incredible conversion rate last season, regardless of his form this season), has said nothing which undermines the manager. In fact, he takes responsibility in his comments.

The players who have let him down the most, either through poor form or failing to provide competition for places, are not the same players who were accused of letting Ranieri down (though, it should be underlined, Ranieri explicitly refused to accuse them of betraying him). Ndidi, Gray, Iheanacho, Iborra, Silva, Ghezzal and Diabate have all been far more questionable, in terms of providing serious options / consistent performances.

Realistically, what happened after our title win was that our players got old, one of the world's best midfielders left and wasn't replaced, some suffered poor form, Ranieri lost his way, recruitment was wasteful, the replacement for Ranieri wasn't a proper manager, and the replacement's replacement wasn't a good fit. In fact, if his experience at Southampton comes into consideration, it's likely he isn't a particularly good fit for anyone at this level. 

These explanations make far more sense than the idea that our title winners are a bunch of snakes who are impossible for anyone other than Nigel Pearson to manage. If you want to blame anyone, blame those who recruit players and managers, rather than our players.

I'm not in the Puel out camp myself, but it's stunning that so many people are desperate to scapegoat club legends in their bid to excuse this man, who has a mixed record at this level and has made enough obvious errors of his own for us to question his judgement. If he's in trouble, I can pinpoint perfectly evident flaws - from team selections to communicative skills to his steady but unspectacular and unpopular tenures at two different clubs - which should be discussed before the application of our 'old guard' comes into question. If anything, they're the guys that have kept him in a job up to now.

If he's lost 'nearly everyone', at his second club on the bounce, then I'd be looking a bit more closely at Puel. And if you want to blame anyone for our decline, look at him, look at the competence of Shakespeare, look at how Ranieri managed the title aftermath, look at the departure of Kante, the dreadful recruitment after he left, before you go demonising people who have earned a little more respect.

Great post ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Shaqq said:

Let him finish the transition of our squad. Say what you want about the football at the minute, but our squad is getting younger and more exciting. 

Give him time to get rid of the older players and bring in younger replacements and we might actually be able to attract some good managers excited by the potential of our squad. Replace him now and we´ll end up with Pearson, Moyes, Hughes or something like that.

Good!!..Nigel please!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, foxinsox said:

Sacking Puel put Southampton where they are. That could well be us. Indeed, I dont think that I have seen my last LCFC season in the second tier. 

I am not at all convinced that Puel has lost the dressing room. 

Hahaha ok mate 

• Like 1