Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Newport post match thread 2- 1

2 minutes ago, Ross-Kemp said:

People blaming Puel.

That side should have been more than capable of beating Newport.

Morgan, Simpson, Fuchs, Iheanacho, James, Ghezzal & Okazaki were simply not good enough. 

Was it Puel’s fault the players shown no fight, no passion, no urgency?

Was it his fault Ghezzal didn’t play the ball to Iheanacho in the first half? Was it his fault Okazaki missed 2 sitters? 

But it was his fault that he kept Mendy and Ricardo on the bench

Guest Mee-9

I think the decision to bring King on summed it up.

Looking for a goal, leave Ricardo on the bench, bring on a bloke who hasn't played for us in over a year.

Puel's only saving grace is the fact that we're 7th in the Premier League.

Somewhere below 10th and there'd be serious rumours of him getting the sack.

I want to see this result from a positive angle: It cannot get any worse than this. And I do hope this acts as the final wake-up call for the manager, the players and the management that this squad needs some major changes, especially when it comes to fringe places. Once you look past our regular starting XI, there's not much qualitee left on the bench.

Need to strengthen in depth badly (and well enough) and Puel finally needs to find a way to alter his bloody 4-2-3-1 when facing opposition that needs breaking down.

Previous LCFC managers have usually been rather sceptic with regards to the January transfer window. Thing is, our summer transfer business in the past few years looks rather dodgy, so what difference does it make to go for two, three players now than later?

I so expect a reaction in the Southampton home game - let that frustration out and win it for the fans.

7 minutes ago, Deebhoy said:

I know nurses who work 60/70 hours week. They're assaulted, verbally abused see people dying. They work under incredible pressure. Yet football managers seem to think footballers can't play two 90 minute games a week. What a joke. Season over in early January.

Fully agree! what a joke! id play 3-4 times a week for that pay and certainly play better than that garbage.

• Haha 1

I am not saying Puel out after this result but he has to take a lot of the blame for that.

The team he picked included players who have hardly featured or haven’t featured at all this season. Okazaki, James, Simpson, Ghezzal, Fuchs, King are all either past it or never been good enough. Fielding them together, in an FA Cup tie away, under the lights, when they’re obviously going to be pumped up for it was naive in the extreme! 

We have played a lot of football recently but we now have a 6 day gap until Southampton at home. Surely, Maguire, Mendy, Gray, Maddison, Ndidi, Chilwell could have started?? We are comfortably mid table and haven’t won this completion in our history. I know what I’d prioritise. He showed no respect playing that line up and not even having Vardy on the bench

Some of our finishing was poor but apart from Okazaki’s header I’d call them half chances. Simple fact is we did not play well. 

Well done Newport, best of luck in the next round

Edited by Staffs Fox
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

What concerns me is that we are already a week into January and there has been no serious movements in the market.

I hope this is a wake up call because we are in desperate need of some attacking quality.

We need to prune the deadwood first, and there’s shitloads of that. 

• Like 2

Embarrassing defeat. 2 horror goals. What was Fuchs doing running like an old man for the first as was Morgan who left the scorer on his own?

We are not going down so there is no point in keeping this clown in charge. Give a progressive manager a chance to get his philosophies across for the rest of the season and push on from there.

?

Why does Puel not give a shit about cup comps, especially when we are not going down and not getting into Top 6.

pure arrogance from the man and it could well cost him his job. Sorry but while it was enjoyable with the wins over the break it mearly papered over the cracks. 

We need to pay big bucks to get a proper 2nd striker in, Maybe not in the window bit certainly at the end of the season 

7 minutes ago, reynard said:

Then why bloody play them?

To rest some of the first-teamers.

That's what a squad is for but I do think that we should have gone stronger.  Nacho and Shinji were about as threatening as a kitten in a brandy glass.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

This again shows what a dross squad we have after the usual first teamers.

Iborra, Silva, Shinji, Iheanacho, James, King... and others.

We need a clear out of the deadwood and somebody in recruitment to start signing a better standard of player. 

We really have signed some filth over the last few seasons at not an insignificant amount of money.

• Like 2

Puel must take some of the blame for that. However, it's not like we didn't have the chances to score. Then again, the whole game should have been like the last ten minutes.

Only one who was consistently putting the effort in from the attacking part of our squad was Ghezzal. James was a passenger. I think we should sell him and King as well as Iborra and Silva. Or even just release him, if no-one will take him. 

Puel paid far too much respect to Newport and we paid the price. Passing it around at the back with 4 players just to be safe is just silly. Players couldn't be arsed, and when they were they yeeted it aimlessly onto Birdmans face.

Also, those Bein commentators made my blood boil... "This will haunt Leicester for years to come when they think of what could have been..." Riiight yes.

Puel gambled with his selection today (as he always does in the cups) and it failed. He failed. However badly the players he selected played, team selection is his responsibility and he Is accountable for that.

He is incapable of getting his players and teams to break down packed defences. This has been going on for 12 months.

If Top needs a reason to sack him, then he can point to that recurring issue above all else.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

I think the decision to bring King on summed it up.

Looking for a goal, leave Ricardo on the bench, bring on a bloke who hasn't played for us in over a year.

That’s doesnt smell of a puel decision ........

methinks the ‘dressing room’ remains far stronger than we think 

Squad players will hardly be interested in training hard in case they’re needed to cover an injury if they don’t get selected for Newport (a)

No idea why James played when we have Silva and Iborra, manager to blame for that decsion, Gray should have started, he surely didn’t need a rest, such a wasted opportunity again, squad not good enough, overly loyal to the ageing title winning players and some very poor recruitment since we won the league 

Usually rubbish from us tbh, times when we play lower league teams they think they can just turn up and win, more of the blame on this goes to the players and not thr manager, as frankly they was crap in every area and had enough chances to be win. 

If this isn't a clue indication that we need some new players in in January then it's a poor tale