Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Newport post match thread 2- 1

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

It's his job to inspire and motivate the players, we played like we didn't give a **** today, also how is it not his fault that when we were desperate for a goal he brings on Andy king who hasn't played a game for a year and a player he has isolated throughout this season, what kind of a message does that send because to me it sends that he didn't give a **** about winning today, even PEP played a full string team.today, we had no excuses, it's a week till our next game. 

Pep played 5 first teamers, including goalkeeper. 

Why are people questioning how we are 7th lol 

We play a different team to league matches.

We play different opposition and up our game or play with different tactics.

FA Cup always throws up shite like this. Totally different to league competition. Having said that, we should be winning today. But the performance is not a reflection of league position.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

You make your own luck in football, we just got played off the park by a bunch of Welsh binmen comfortably, it took a  lucky punt to get us back into the game and then gifted it straight back, the players didn't want it today and its down to the manager to inspire them to want to win this, he didn't want it so we didn't win .

Not having it was down to the manager to inspire them, we just had players today that were guff and didnt have enough on the bench, to replace with. I can agree that our bench should have been stronger and that bringing on Andy King instead of Ricado was a bad management choice, but thats said with hindsight in mind. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Blue Ed said:

Ghezzal was the only player that looked bothered today. He should start every game 

Are you blind?  Everything tha Cnut did, apart from scoring, was dog shite. Literally shit. Mind you, he didn’t look out of place at all. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Congratulations to any Newport fans who might be passing through for a look. 

Ignore our entitled dickheads please - we're not all like that and some of us remember that losing is one of the possible results in football, no matter who the opposition. 

Good luck for the rest of your cup run. 

Bit harsh, I’m angry because I care, I’m not calling for Puels head, but I’d have expected better, more effort etc. But I agree, well done and good luck to Newport. 

I think the one thing today proved was that with Iborra and Silva leaving, we are looking very very short in midfield. Love Matty James, but he's not up to it anymore. Choudhury was excellent again today but I don't feel comfortable with just him Ndidi and Mendy for the rest of the season.

I so badly want Nacho to find some form but he seems to get worse.

4 minutes ago, FilbertFrog said:

Wish all those calling for his head would also afford him the same luxury 

What luxury has he deserved.????

Yes we are 7th. The season is far from over.

We will tumble down this table mark my words, people are blind to what's going on if we end up top 10 it will be a miracle 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Are you blind?  Everything tha Cnut did, apart from scoring, was dog shite. Literally shit. Mind you, he didn’t look out of place at all. 

He was the only Leicester player putting in the shift. I'm not saying he doesn't make mistakes but he will because he's the only one busting a gut to try stuff. best shot in the first half and the goal came from him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Not having it was down to the manager to inspire them, we just had players today that were guff and didnt have enough on the bench, to replace with. I can agree that our bench should have been stronger and that bringing on Andy King instead of Ricado was a bad management choice, but thats said with hindsight in mind. 

Also, Ricardo on for James would have left one man in midfield. 

• Like 1

As much as I am disappointed by the result, the first team squad needed resting. 

The fact we can’t beat Newport with our second team is, as some have mentioned, a clear indication of the lack of talent present outside of the first team which is very concerning.

Saying that though I think Newport did well, deserved the win and I wish them luck in the cup.

The FA Cup has always had upsets, unfortunately today it was our turn.

I will reserve judgement on Puel until the summer window closes.