Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Newport post match thread 2- 1

6 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Porque no los dos? How about, we were spineless, AND unlucky. 

You don't concede two goals to a pub team by being unlucky. You don't lose second balls to a pub team by being unlucky. You don't go through ninety minutes against a pub team without scoring all but a screamer by being unlucky. It happens because you have no pride. If any of that bunch of overpaid twats had any pride, they would give this week's wages to charity.

• Like 2

I think today just sums up the club’s interest in winning the F A Cup, there isn’t any. I think the prize money for winning it outright amounts to £4.5 million, about the difference in two PL places. 

Honestly that result doesn’t even hurt. It means no spending on more tickets and a free weekend or two where I might be able get away. 

9 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

It's his job to inspire and motivate the players, we played like we didn't give a **** today, also how is it not his fault that when we were desperate for a goal he brings on Andy king who hasn't played a game for a year and a player he has isolated throughout this season, what kind of a message does that send because to me it sends that he didn't give a **** about winning today, even PEP played a full string team.today, we had no excuses, it's a week till our next game. 

Well yeah it is kinda... I mean matty james has hardly been roaring away in the under 23s so he was always going to struggle, just as he did. I think his first touch came in the 15th minute.

1 minute ago, Buce said:

You don't concede two goals to a pub team by being unlucky. You don't lose second balls to a pub team by being unlucky. You don't go through ninety minutes against a pub team without scoring all but a screamer by being unlucky. It happens because you have no pride. If any of that bunch of overpaid twats had any pride, they would give this week's wages to charity.

Ah, I'm sure when you f**k up at work you give away your week's wages too.

In all seriousness they were utterly dismal, yes, I agree. But we had about 8 good to great chances to score and only converted one. That = unlucky in my book. 

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why are people questioning how we are 7th lol 

We play a different team to league matches.

We play different opposition and up our game or play with different tactics.

FA Cup always throws up shite like this. Totally different to league competition. Having said that, we should be winning today. But the performance is not a reflection of league position.

No, it's a reflection of selecting out of form rusty players. 

I only hope the players feel 100x more embarrassed than I do. 

Several players there that should never wear the shirt again. Lack of professional pride is the most upsetting thing. 

Careful investment is desperately needed. Praying that Puel is the right man to infuse any new acquisitions with the drive and enthusiasm we are obviously lacking, but I'm really not sure. 

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

Ah, I'm sure when you f**k up at work you give away your week's wages too.

In all seriousness they were utterly dismal, yes, I agree. But we had about 8 good to great chances to score and only converted one. That = unlucky in my book. 

If I fcuked up at work I’d be sacked :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I preferred watching the game to reading this tidal wave of idiocy. Every Prem team rotates in the Cup and rightly so, that's where you give first chances to the likes of Choudhary, Puel had a team and tactics more than capable of getting a result, not his fault if the Captain leaves a striker unmarked in the box, and another experienced first teamer had a brain fart and gives away a penalty. Okazaki's race is run, and Iheanacho was a bad signing to start with, but don't throw all of the toys out of the pram people.

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

We turned the game around today then Albrighton was a stupid idiot but I guess that's Claude's fault?

That wasn't Claudes fault. What was Claudes fault is putting out a team who made Newport look like a PL outfit in the first half. We had enough chances to win it but we never looked good at any point in that game.