Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Newport post match thread 2- 1

i have long been a Puel out  voice but you just can’t count an FA cup game as a basis for his sacking.... so many team changes so many out of form... and a mistake cost us the game yes we should be winning by a large margin. but this kind of thing happens in the FA cup. hardly any of these are good enough for our first team and that’s why they played today.. we were kind of set up for the giant killing anyway moving the time, TV cameras. 

I dont consider this a game to judge puel on.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Stringer just said ..."its a joke- and so is Claude!"

Yes but Stringer is a clueless blowhard who doesn't stand for anything outside of Ian Stringer. 

If he is Puel out then everyone else at the club should be Puel in. 

• Like 3

absolutely embarrassing. 

Absolutely no reason why we couldn't have gone for the cups this season. We're in no danger of relegation or threatening the top 4. Why we couldn't have gone full strength today when its a week until the next game, **** knows

I'm not Claude out but he's let a lot of people down today with that team selection

• Like 4

Puel does need to ask himself a few questions after that, why play Matty James, no Vardy in sight, Albrighton should have been rested for Gray or subbed, Bringing King on like for like when chasing a goal as your last sub.

Nacho as much as I've tried to stick up for him just offers nothing he should have buried a goal when it got fizzed across the 6 yard box and shyed out of play ( I don't want to bash him as it cant do his confidence any good but c'mon mate )

Ghezzal was probably our best player, Albrighton had a shocking second half imo… Choudary was exposed with James next to him.

fuming.

17 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

it's not black and white - it's gray.

puel has bought us Madison  and recardo - and he's bought us ghezzel.  (meanwhile we know its over for nacho, james, king, silva, ibora etc).  Not securing strikers in the summer is a sacking offence.

The position inthe league is great - but the foot bal is woeful... our win at everton was coz they were even poorer then we were.   Puel has to because with other managers we always believed there was apoosibility of us turning a game round.  Not with claud.   Puels foot ball is not the way forward.

In hindsight, maybe, but I think it was the right call to persevere with Nacho this season.  The trouble is he has totally failed to take his chance.  My patience has run out and the 'confidence' excuses are wearing thin.  A new striker has to be a priority.  I can't see anyone paying a decent fee for him so I'd pack him off on loan if we can get someone in.

As an aside, did anyone notice the palpable disappointment from the BBC commentators when the equaliser went in.  There was a second or two of shocked silence.  I know the neutrals love an upset but that was so unprofessional.

Edited by murphy

1 minute ago, MPH said:

i have long been a Puel out  voice but you just can’t count an FA cup game as a basis for his sacking.... so many team changes so many out of form... and a mistake cost us the game yes we should be winning by a large margin. but this kind of thing happens in the FA cup. hardly any of these are good enough for our first team and that’s why they played today.. we were kind of set up for the giant killing anyway moving the time, TV cameras. 

I dont consider this a game to judge puel on.

I'd agree with you apart from the fact that - Game after game we look clueless against teams who sit deep and make us play out wide. It's too much of a regular occurrence to ignore a shite FA cup result, against a League 2 side may I add :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sheffield_fox said:

I only hope the players feel 100x more embarrassed than I do. 

Several players there that should never wear the shirt again. Lack of professional pride is the most upsetting thing. 

Careful investment is desperately needed. Praying that Puel is the right man to infuse any new acquisitions with the drive and enthusiasm we are obviously lacking, but I'm really not sure. 

I can’t agree that there was a lack of professional pride.

Despite several poor recent performances, we are not lacking effort, just direction and quality.

42 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Management and players should be embarrassed to be have had any part in that. Wank.

That is the worst foreplay ever.

By the time i got to the second "sentence" i was so down (and confused) that i couldn't follow your instruction.

(I did try, but i was like attempting to knit with a double ended dildo made of jelly)

2 more years and we'll have cleared out most of the rubbish we've been tied down to. If Puel can keep slowly adding quqlity and chipping away at the rubbish, we should be looking a lot better in 18-24 months.

Still should have won despite looking bad, Albrighton gift wrapping them the win was pretty annoying. Our depth is laughably poor. Plenty of cloggers, but no exciting talent. Hopefully Barnes is back sharpish.

Puel should apologise for that, theres putting out a different team and then theres picking the worst possible team for a laugh. A team devoid of any pace and one of the easiest games all season Newport will play. 

I cant think of a single player who deserves any credit today, Maddison was diabolical in attitude and performance. Scuffed nearly every chance that fell to him, he thinks he's made it and he hasn't yet. The talent is there but not sure if he's going to ruin it.

This shows how badly we need some creativity in midfield and another forward. Get Barnes back within the hour an'all.

• Like 2