Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Newport post match thread 2- 1

How can someone be allowed to treat chances of winning Trophies with so much contempt?  Surely the Board has to question this? I do not recall MON ever resting players when we won the League Cups?   And the squad then was older, much smaller and paid a fraction of what this lot get. 

That team today was so obviously wrong.   T

• Like 1

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

Puel Is joining me, he said he would bring desert, it better qualiteee, with intensiteee of flavour.

Hope he doesn’t bring nachos, they’ll end up missing your house and end up at your neighbours, if you’re lucky!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sir Shep said:

Good job it’s a Sunday as I’d be going straight to the magistrates to get a banning order preventing those pricks from returning to the county of Leicestershire, absolute pieces of shit who need to be fined and charged for pretending to be professional footballers. 

Pretty sure they are shut saturdays after 6pm, and weekdays after 10pm.

So ood job it wasnt early kick off saturday.... (unless as is probably likely, they are also shut saturdays from midday at best)

14 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Ok ...so all is rosy and puel can stay and continue to shape our football to his liking.... and make team selections that are shocking... and fail have any infkuencr on a game...  . buts that finbe coz he is so inspirational we will follow him anywhere and toast his exciting brio

Team selections that are shocking?

Everyone was creaming their pants when he changed it and we won against Chelsea, Man City and Everton.

4-3-3 might be the way forward after all, the selection today could've been better but the side was strong enough to beat Newport, we had enough experience out there today to get the job done.

Just a shame that Okazaki and Iheanacho are useless.

Who cares if we finish 7th and fluke it into the Europa league, Puel would just send out a 2nd string team which had hardly played for a year and we'd be knocked out by some Maltese third tier outfit.

If we wanted to rest players then rest them next week against Southampton.

55 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I'm going to go with all available evidence:

Current position- 7th.

Position under Puel last season- 9th.

So, probably top half.

Following this logic we should have stuck with Ranieri - he would have finished top?

• Like 1

I’m sorry but Puel cannot be blamed for this defeat. You can’t tell me that he has put out that much of a weakened team. 

That defence is still of premiership quality. Morgan has played well in the last few games. Evans has been solid since we signed him. Fuchs always gives 100% and the same with Simpson, he had a great game against Everton. 

Playing Choudary was always going to happen as he will have rested Ndidi and Mendy, Albrighton is first choice. Ghezzal has started a few and been on the bench often. Okazaki won the league with us and Nacho cost us 25. We have a squad and we have to use it. 

The only gamble was James and he was awful. 

Just now, kingfox said:

Team selections that are shocking?

Everyone was creaming their pants when he changed it and we won against Chelsea, Man City and Everton.

4-3-3 might be the way forward after all, the selection today could've been better but the side was strong enough to beat Newport, we had enough experience out there today to get the job done.

Just a shame that Okazaki and Iheanacho are useless.

Come on some of those selections today were shocking. Okazaki and Iheanacho are usless but Puel must be able to see that. Plays James who clearly wasn't fit,needs a goal so brings on Andy King and plays someone at right back who isn't a right back and who then gave away a penalty.

Not only did he select the wrong team, it was pretty clear they didn't really know how to play together which is down to coaching. Hamza and James in the middle offered zero creativity. Did we really need both?

Of course the players must take a lot of the blame but so must the manager.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blue-fox said:

I’m sorry but Puel cannot be blamed for this defeat. You can’t tell me that he has put out that much of a weakened team. 

That defence is still of premiership quality. Morgan has played well in the last few games. Evans has been solid since we signed him. Fuchs always gives 100% and the same with Simpson, he had a great game against Everton. 

Playing Choudary was always going to happen as he will have rested Ndidi and Mendy, Albrighton is first choice. Ghezzal has started a few and been on the bench often. Okazaki won the league with us and Nacho cost us 25. We have a squad and we have to use it. 

The only gamble was James and he was awful. 

But did he use the squad to the best of its ability? No. And there in lies some blame I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, woollett the bullet said:

Well played Newport

We looked exactly what we were , a rag tag team collected from the transfer list , reserves and treatment room.

... absolutely! 

We were totally disjointed. Not sure what shape we were supposed to be playing, Wes in the right back position, then Albrighton, Choudhury in Centre Back and then central midfield,..... no real pattern to our play.