Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Newport post match thread 2- 1

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

We just seem to run out of ideas when faced with a massed defence. We don't really have the nous to play through it, so we end up putting in numerous crosses, with hardly anything ever coming of it. Slimani has to be a better option in this situation.

... we have all seen Slimani play and before he went on loan, most would agree he adds nothing to the team. It is strange the amount of people calling for his return, even if only for a plan B. 

Just a wild suggestion, if we could have played Admiral Muskwe up front with Nacho playing off him would that have been a far better option to have a young player physically putting himself about, someone who can head the ball, hold it up to bring other players in, up front allowing Nacho to pick up the second balls. We have no one like this and as a plan B, would certainly have given us a different option. 

Watching the game it appeard that we were going through the motions, with no belief that this game was in anyway important in the great scheme of things. 

Once you put out a team sheet which included Matty James in a midfield two (it was quite clear that he was unfit) the mindset of the players would have been negative and would play that way. It is hard to change gear and mindset within a game, the fact that we were so disjointed said it all. 

12 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Can't believe people defending Albrighton. He was average today and gave away a ridiculous penalty.... if that had been ghezzal, he'd of been getting pelted now just like amartey did first game.... seems certain players get different treatment 

Probably because Albrighton has built up enough credit over the years with some superb performances?! 

Plus, everyone loves a player who gives 100% pretty much every game. Ghezzal has obviously been underperforming whenever called upon - today's goal hopefully will give him confidence if nothing else but overall he's been very poor. Amartey this season before the leg-break was performing well.

Not sure why it's so unbelievable that people defend Albrighton today. For majority of the game up to the handball he seemed the only one who gave a shit.

8 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

I te

The Puel haters are in their element now look at them get that knife in and turned . It was a classic cup shock a mixture of poor shooting and great defending. They all want him out but not one of the clowns can come up with a better option. We might go on to do a Burnley and qualify for the Europa league what fun Thursday nights in Azerbaijan. Puel will get blamed for sending us there .

Brendan Rodgers, Eddie Howe there’s two for you. I’ll get back to polishing my very large shoes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Hahaha, yes I can't wait either. Going to be so easy to finish below the likes of Crystal Palace in the years to come under spineless, idiotic Puel.

You seem to thrive on the fact that we lost. Are you a fan or just trolling?

Just now, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Brendan Rodgers, Eddie Howe there’s two for you. I’ll get back to polishing my very large shoes. 

Howe is happy where he is, no sideways move for him. Rogers? No thanks! 

Puel until the end of the season, then lets see. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Really what you smoking? Eddie is on about a straight 8 defeat run so that’s a foxtalk meltdown for a start and brenden? Really tough job managing the richest team in the league when everyone else in the league is conference standard 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Newport supporter in peace said:

Newport did the same to Spurs last year to be fair. They brought on Kane who scored. Your error was not having Vardy on the bench or was he injured?

Just rested,

though with the greatest respect we would hope that whoever we put out today would do there job which they didn’t,

good luck to Newport hope you beat another premier league team in the next round 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Newport supporter in peace said:

Newport did the same to Spurs last year to be fair. They brought on Kane who scored. Your error was not having Vardy on the bench or was he injured?

I'm sure Kane started that game, but it was better to have Vardy and not need him than need him and not have him.

4 minutes ago, Newport supporter in peace said:

Injured/rested who knows.

Well done today by the way you thoroughly deserved it. As you can see some debate about our selection but you can only beat what is in front of you.

1 minute ago, foxinsox said:

Howe is happy where he is, no sideways move for him. Rogers? No thanks! 

Puel until the end of the season, then lets see. 

I agree. For me Rogers is totally overrated. There is a reason that he is still at Celtic when there has been so many openings in the Prem.

This game has clearly shown that CP can teach his players nothing. Usually, even an average player can learn something from his manager and will eventually get better. Here, unfortunately, the opposite is the case, most players getting worse. However, Nacho, Ghezzal and Gray are hopeless cases for every coach in the world. For these players, even the fourth league seems to be too difficult.  Please take the football boots away from them...they missed their job

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Really what you smoking? Eddie is on about a straight 8 defeat run so that’s a foxtalk meltdown for a start and brenden? Really tough job managing the richest team in the league when everyone else in the league is conference standard 

And this is precisely why these “debates” are feeble, naturally those who actually think Puel is good won’t accept the opinion of anyone else, and likewise those who don’t like Puel won’t accept yours.

5 minutes ago, mucfox said:

This game has clearly shown that CP can teach his players nothing. Usually, even an average player can learn something from his manager and will eventually get better. Here, unfortunately, the opposite is the case, most players getting worse. However, Nacho, Ghezzal and Gray are hopeless cases for every coach in the world. For these players, even the fourth league seems to be too difficult.  Please take the football boots away from them...they missed their job

Would you not say that Chilwell, Pereira and Mendy have improved under his tenure?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mucfox said:

Let's just ignore the effect he's had on Chilwell and Choudhury then lollol 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

And this is precisely why these “debates” are feeble, naturally those who actually think Puel is good won’t accept the opinion of anyone else, and likewise those who don’t like Puel won’t accept yours.

It really is like the Brexit debate. 

As bad as it was, it didn't show me that we'd be Cup Upset-proof, or any better in the league, under the likes of Benitez. If we change the manager, we'll take a huge risk.

You never know who will be the right fit. Some of our best ever appointments - Little, Pearson, Ranieri - were unusual ones. Some of the appointments we uniformly approved of (Hamilton, Pleat, Levein) didn't work out.

I'm far from inspired by talk of Rodgers and Benitez, or even Wenger. Longer term targets like Wagner aren't doing well. Howe may be a great manager, but is he the right man in the right place and little more? Jardim is unproven at this level and fresh from a nightmare at Monaco, so we know full well he's no sure thing. 

I've no doubt that there's a manager out there who would improve us immediately, and immensely, but it's such a gamble for a club to take, and as things stand the safer option - safer, at least, than Rodgers or Benitez - is Puel.

Edited by inckley fox
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

Ah the magic of the FA cup and a giant killing. Great fun when it happens to someone else. Horrible when it happens to you. 

Today highlighted just how poor our second string players are and the rebuilding job that is required this summer. 

Not that I’m letting Puel off the hook today. The selection of Okazaki was ridiculous. He’s been useless for quite a while now, and Maddison didn’t play against Everton so why did he require more rest? And given our problems at centre forward not having Vardy on the bench was a massive risk. 

All that said, I thought we’d got out of jail with the Ghezzal goal. Can’t believe Albrighton’s brain fart put us back in the shit when we had the chance to get em back at our place. 

There's still too much crap on the team and it brings the overall quality of the squad down.  Iheanacho sucks.  That all said, the goals were kind of flukes. With the backline that started Newport shouldn't have had a sniff of the goal.  It was one of those days.  But losing to a mid table League 2 team...hopefully Claude had them hitchhike home. :thumbdown:

Edited by TeaMen Tom

5 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Would you not say that Chilwell, Pereira and Mendy have improved under his tenure?

These players got better through match practice. Certainly not, because CP has shown them his tricks and skills. Maybe you should ask Jamie Vardy if he has learned anything from CP.....

29 minutes ago, Newport supporter in peace said:

Congrats for today. 

You bought us down to your level(no disrespect) and we played kindly into your hands. We pumped long balls into Kelechi and made him look even worse than he is. 

Our only luck was down the wings, why we didn't exploit it more ill never know. Oh well onto Southampton and good luck in the next round

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mucfox said:

These players got better through match practice. Certainly not, because CP has shown them his tricks and skills. Maybe you should ask Jamie Vardy if he has learned anything from CP.....

Right, so a player struggles and it’s Puel’s fault, and they improve it’s got nothing to do with him. 

And taking your argument of match practice, shouldn’t you applaud Puel for selecting them then?

• Haha 2