Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Southampton (H).. pre match thread

3 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

Fortunately or unfortunately the hospital have messed up my surgery so bad I cannot eat or speak properly, so I have kindly donated my season ticket free of charge, so I won’t be there getting frustrated, wouldn’t trust myself not to try and shout, and have to live with the agony.

In all seriousness I am really sorry that you’re going through a serious medical issue. That must be miserable, and I can imagine quite painful as well. I hope that your recovery is a swift one!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Foxboy said:

Yet has somehow played for Lyon, Monaco and Leicester at club level and featured for France’s youth teams and Algeria’s national team. Whereas you’ve probably played half a season for your local pub and had to pack it in.

That is just fake news, everyone knows he forced a move to the Dog and Duck, it's not his fault they then got relegated then folded. 

3 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

If we are sticking with 4-3-3 against the lesser teams then I'd much rather we try Maddison in CM instead of 3 ball winners :dunno:

Yes, what do we need 3 ball winners for if we have the ball, we'll be using them to create openings then wonder why we struggle

Just now, EnderbyFox said:

If we are sticking with 4-3-3 against the lesser teams then I'd much rather we try Maddison in CM instead of 3 ball winners :dunno:

We played a lot better with a 3, but I think that was mainly due to how good Choudary was and his energy helping in attack. I think that helped paper over the issue with having 3 DCM's and that's why I suggested bringing Silva in today (highly unlikley!). We have to have at least one CM who can pass the ball and be the focal point of our attacks in a 3.

Maddison there could work and solves the issue of him not being at his best out wide, but I'm not sure how he would do sitting that deep as opposed to behind Vardy. 

4 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

A 4-3-3 with Maddison in the CMs immediately becomes a 4-2-3-1. He hasn’t got the workrate or mindset for a true centre mid.

9 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Isn't Sean from Enderby well-known as a parody account?

That said, probs not far off the eventual line up.

The last few weeks he's got the predictions right - even when we had unexpected changes. I know, it's strange!

• Like 1

Strange after beating Chelsea, Man City and Everton that we seem to be coming into this on a downer.

Doesnt help playing Southamptonat home. It's up there with the dullest home game of the season the last few years and our woes against the teams outside the top 6 wouldn't fill you with confidence.

Evans is a loss as he was playing very well recently. Might be too soon for Barnes to play.

Hoping we can win but they have been improved of late and a draw wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Strange after beating Chelsea, Man City and Everton that we seem to be coming into this on a downer.

Doesnt help playing Southamptonat home. It's up there with the dullest home game of the season the last few years and our woes against the teams outside the top 6 wouldn't fill you with confidence.

Evans is a loss as he was playing very well recently. Might be too soon for Barnes to play.

Hoping we can win but they have been improved of late and a draw wouldn't surprise me.

That’s where we are at the moment, inconsistent and not good enough to break teams down that sit in, in between those big boys, losing to Cardiff and Newport, makes us more nervous playing the lesser teams, than playing the big boys, your right strange time to follow city

1 hour ago, reynard said:

Or is it 4-5-1? or 4-4-2?

Have to see how it goes. There's a lot required of Maddison if we are to create much unless both Chilwell and RIcardo really get forward on a regular basis.

If you look at the tactics thread I’d call it a 433 because the midfield 3 are always within 10 yards of one another and often in a horizontally straight line but it is a case of potayto versus potato !

On 06/01/2019 at 19:53, Bezzanator89 said:

I'm electing to go with the form of an inconsistent Leicester City that beats Chelsea, Manchester City and Everton, but also loses to Cardiff and Newport flippin' County. So I can honestly see us getting edged out by a resurgent Southampton at home.

Only went and frickin' called it. Not proud of it mind you. :frusty: