Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Southampton (H).. pre match thread

2 hours ago, reynard said:

Frankly I want to see a positive reaction after yesterday's shambles.

I want a win but above all I would like to be entertained. Perhaps we could play with a bit more pace and intensity.

If Southampton want a result all they need to do is sit deep and score a goal on the break or from a set piece and they will get at least a point.

Reacting to bad results not only reveals a lot about the players but also much about the manager. Let's see if either are up for the game.

But you won't see your reaction. Most of that tripe yesterday won't be involved. Hamza was our MOTM for me. Followed closely by Evans then Albrighton other than that stupid mistake. 

So your reactions going to come from Mags Chilly Vardy and Ricardo. Yes the players are at fault and they need to stand up and be counted. 

So does Puel really. James and King on the pitch without a minute between them all season. Then that back four yes all title winners. With a combined age of about 130yrs. Let's not get into the only two forwards we had on the day. 

Yesterday was a shambles that very few can escape criticism from but the buck stops at Puel's desk. 

• Like 2

This could a very irritating game.  

Thankfully Ings is out so their greatest threat is Redmond, and thankfully one of their important mids (Romeu or Hojbjerg I think) is out too. However, Hassenhuttls press could cause us real problems. It will be interesting to see how Puel approaches this tactically. 

We dominated the game v Newport and with half decent finishing and a bit more luck we could  have won it comfortably, even though

we played a makeshift side against them. They had one header on target,their stand out  players were the goalkeeper and centre half ....and if Albrighton hadnt had a brainstorm we would have taken them back to the KIngpower and beaten them by about four goals..but thats gone now so we have to move on.

V. Southampton

Kasper

Ricardo     Evans/Soyuncu   Maguire    Chilwell

Choudury  Ndidi  Mendy  Albrighton

Vardy    Maddison

This is a premier league quality side and will be the basis of our team next season plus Barnes,Benkovic,Ghazzel,Amartey and hopefully a couple of decent signings ...yesterdays defeat may well prove to be a turning point

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drofmor55 said:

We dominated the game v Newport and with half decent finishing and a bit more luck we could  have won it comfortably, even though

we played a makeshift side against them. They had one header on target,their stand out  players were the goalkeeper and centre half ....and if Albrighton hadnt had a brainstorm we would have taken them back to the KIngpower and beaten them by about four goals..but thats gone now so we have to move on.

V. Southampton

Kasper

Ricardo     Evans/Soyuncu   Maguire    Chilwell

Choudury  Ndidi  Mendy  Albrighton

Vardy    Maddison

This is a premier league quality side and will be the basis of our team next season plus Barnes,Benkovic,Ghazzel,Amartey and hopefully a couple of decent signings ...yesterdays defeat may well prove to be a turning point

Be very surprised if Maguire and Chilwell are here next season. Apart from their own ambitions we've a stadium to expand and a training facility to pay for. Probably around 80-100million for those two.

6 hours ago, Stoopid said:

I think we should try Shinji in goal.

Bit radical I know, but let's face it - the bloke's got a real talent for keeping the ball out of the net!

Likewise, Danny Ward was getting in some great headers against Kasper when they warmed up the other day - Kasper looked like he was getting quite annoyed by it infact. Stick him upfront and see what happens :scarf:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, reynard said:

Be very surprised if Maguire and Chilwell are here next season. Apart from their own ambitions we've a stadium to expand and a training facility to pay for. Probably around 80-100million for those two.

You may well be right...in that case Benkovic in for Maguire ...and 20 million on a decent left back...

selling Slimani,Ineahacho,Silva,Iborra,Gray.Jackupovic  could raise 50 million ...cant see anyone else in our squad that would interest anyone else

10 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

For some weird reason I feel a winning streak on the horizon, starting with these...

What are you smoking ....................Moroccan or Cotton Candy Kush?

• Haha 1

Adrien Silva's recent instagram post implies he's actually staying, and seeing we are likely to be in a situation where Southampton park the bus, I wouldn't mind trying something a bit different...

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Maguire Chilwell

Choudhury Silva Ndidi
Albrighton Vardy Maddison