Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Southampton (H).. pre match thread

2 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

So Saints have got about 5 players available and still people are moaning, standard. 

We'll comfortably beat these by 2 or 3.

Let’s hope the players haven’t got this mindset.

It’s a bit like it’s only Cardiff, bottom of the league, it’s only lowly Newport.

We lose to teams we are expected to beat, so I’m going, very boring game 1-0 Southampton 

• Like 1

I shall watch a stream whilst eating olives and serrano.

Predictions:

- The olives won't be as good as I imagine (they never are)

- I'll wonder why I didn't buy picked onions. Could address this now, but won't.

- We will be either amazing, having turned the corner, or absolutely turgid.

- One or both the sides will contrive to score zero.

- Regardless of stream, somehow Danny Dichio will be there making the exact same summary he always does (just realised its a pre-recorded video).

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

You laugh, but the fact he's only scored about 2 goals in the last 25 years makes him odd's on to score first on Saturday! 

Remember that goal he scored about 5 years ago where he plucked it from the sky with his right; quick feet to get half a yard then a lovely finish with his left?

I do.

Lovely goal.

Wanted us to sign him ever since. Would fit in here too as he never scores.

Although - what his record at the KP? Could be on to something here? Like Nugent scored every game at Portman Road. Would have been a great signing for Ipswich.

As you were.

• Haha 2

I feel that we're going to win this game and I think this could be the start of a winning run but the players MUST TAKE IT SERIOUSLY no point juat passing the ball round for show. 5 of their key players are injured. I want to see multiple runs into the box and movement off the ball. My lineup would be.

Kasper 

Ricardo evans maguire chilwell

Choudhury silva ndidi

Albrighton          maddison

Vardy

Silva cost us 22 million pounds. Won the euro 2016 and looking at his instagram posts, it looks like he is staying. We won't be signing anyone in the winter by the looks of it so we should try him out.

He could shine with choudhury and ndidi doing the defensive work for him.

Edited by Fightforever
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Fightforever said:

I feel that we're going to win this game and I think this could be the start of a winning run but the players MUST TAKE IT SERIOUSLY no point juat passing the ball round for show. 5 of their key players are injured. I want to see multiple runs into the box and movement off the ball. My lineup would be.

Kasper 

Ricardo evans maguire chilwell

Choudhury silva ndidi

Albrighton          maddison

Vardy

Silva cost us 22 million pounds. Won the euro 2016 and looking at his instagram posts, it looks like he is staying. We won't be signing anyone in the winter by the looks of it so we should try him out.

He could shine with choudhury and ndidi doing the defensive work for him.

Did we register Silva for the 25man squad 22 minutes late at the end of the summer? Really don't know what the poor chap has been done to be behind King and James in the pecking order :nono:

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Did we register Silva for the 25man squad 22 minutes late at the end of the summer? Really don't know what the poor chap has been done to be behind King and James in the pecking order :nono:

He's not behind them FFS

• Thanks 1

They look like they have about 5 or 6 players out, including their strikers, just read their managers comments regarding Saturday, looks like he’s coming to sit behind the ball and hope for a draw.

So we are ****ed, puels tactics against teams that sit in are his weakness, we are clueless at breaking these teams down, Cardiff and Newport the latest, so looks like another long frustrating day, and probably a defeat at the end

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Remember that goal he scored about 5 years ago where he plucked it from the sky with his right; quick feet to get half a yard then a lovely finish with his left?

I do.

Lovely goal.

Wanted us to sign him ever since. Would fit in here too as he never scores.

Although - what his record at the KP? Could be on to something here? Like Nugent scored every game at Portman Road. Would have been a great signing for Ipswich.

As you were.

It was more a point that players who are on a terrible run without a goal always seem to net against us.

Yes i do remember that goal thanks, he was playing for West Brom at the time.

He would still be an awful signing.

This will be Ian Nacho's game.  He'll start, we'll all moan and we'll then see him tear the saints defence to shreds in the first 30mins with a hat trick.  I've said this before every game this season and surely I have to be right once. Ever the optimist.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, huggybear said:

This will be Ian Nacho's game.  He'll start, we'll all moan and we'll then see him tear the saints defence to shreds in the first 30mins with a hat trick.  I've said this before every game this season and surely I have to be right once. Ever the optimist.....

I'll raise ya Racid Ghezzally hatrick