Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Southampton (H).. pre match thread

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I can't see anything than a loss here they'll know how to frustrate us and pick us off on the break with Shane Long scoring.

Him and Gallagher are all they have,there really stretched,

players leaving,banned or injured all over,

for once feel confident going into a game

14 hours ago, dyanmark said:

Hi God here awful sorry cant help Puel picks the team

Don't worry God, we'll bother you when we're desperate as you've probably got better things to do. We're 7th with some promising young players and others that will be coming through next year, sorry if some self interested doom monger has bothered you.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Put your mortgage on it.

Kasper

Ricardo     Morgan    Maguire     Chilwell

Ndidi          Mendy

Gray           Maddison          Albrighton

Vardy

I'd agree with you, but I also have a feeling of cold dread inside me that he'll start with Ghezzal for some reason. 

But yeah...he'll definitely stick with the 4-2-3-1. Because, y'know, he's Puel... 

-------------------Kasper-------------------

Ricardo---Evans---Maguire---Chilwell

-----------Hamza--Silva--N'didi---------

Albrighton----------------------Maddison

-------------------Vardy--------------------

I don't think Silva will be anywhere near the team and it's harsh to drop Mendy too over N'didi, but I think a CM who can pass and benefit from two DCM's next to him, could really help us unlock defences. Perhaps a better solution would be to have him on the bench and integrating him if we are struggling to score. 

Would like to see Harvey on the bench too and given 10-15mins towards the end depending how the game is going. 

I'm not keen on Maddison out wide, but we seem to play so much better with 3 CM's and he will get the chance to come inside with Chilwell bombing forward giving us width.

• Like 1

-----------Hamza---------Mendy----------

Albrighton-----Barnes----Maddison

Fook it

• Like 2

On 07/01/2019 at 09:03, FrankieADZ said:

think its fair to say puel will go back to type with this one, whatever that is  

what i think we'll see:

KS

RP

WM
HM
BC

WN

NM

DG

JM
MA

JV

with his usual 4-2-3-1 formation, though it wouldnt surprise me if Ghezzal was in for Albrighton or for Gray

More effort please, that was far too much like hard work. More like a quiz or a memory game and i got stuck a couple of times and didnt even bother working out formation and who i might play instead.

D-

• Haha 1

On 07/01/2019 at 11:45, Stoopid said:

I think we should try Shinji in goal.

Bit radical I know, but let's face it - the bloke's got a real talent for keeping the ball out of the net!

Mods, someone please check the mobile phone version of the website.

This made me nearly spit my tea out of my nose but the star stopped me giving a laughing rep point. So ??????

On 07/01/2019 at 12:14, HKFox said:

We are at home, hope Puel changes from his usual 2 holding midfielders. I would like to see Silva given a go, as think he has the ability to break down teams. 

Schmeichel

Perieria

Evans

Maguire

Chilwell

Albrighton

Silva

Ndidi

Gray

Maddison

Vardy

I would love Silva ,to suddenly break into the team and give us that extra,that's been badly and sadly missing...

it would give the whole squad and fan-base a massive lift and fillip!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, bfox said:

-----------Hamza---------Mendy----------

Albrighton-----Barnes----Maddison

Fook it

Move Maddison central, play either Ghezzal (RW) or Gray (LW) with Albrighton on the opposite side, and I think that's pretty spot-on for how we'll line up tomorrow.

Barnes to get 20 minutes at the end in that formation, hopefully to include some time playing with Vardy.

On a side note, I wonder how we'd get on with Nacho/Barnes as a pair up front. Different dynamic to the Nacho/Vardy combo, so could possibly bring out a different side to KI.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 1

Optimistic, it sounds like they have quite a few players out and their manager has said they are coming to win. Hopefully if that’s the case it’ll leave us some space to get at them. If Barnes is available, I’d start him ahead of Gray. I wasn’t sure about bringing him back, but now he’s back we may as well start him. Gray has been poor for months now. 2-0 Leicester 

Schmeichel

Ricardo     Morgan     Maguire    Chilwell 

Choudhury  Ndidi   Mendy

Maddison      Barnes

Vardy

Edited by DerbyshireFox
  • Like 1

When asked about Barnes in his press conference this afternoon, Puel said: “I cannot promise (game-time). For me, it’s important that the player comes at the same level and competes for their game-time. It’s not the manager who chooses the players, it’s the players because they show quality in training sessions.”

I get the feeling that all these predicted line-ups with Barnes in from the start might be a little premature.

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

When asked about Barnes in his press conference this afternoon, Puel said: “I cannot promise (game-time). For me, it’s important that the player comes at the same level and competes for their game-time. It’s not the manager who chooses the players, it’s the players because they show quality in training sessions.”

I get the feeling that all these predicted line-ups with Barnes in from the start might be a little premature.

Probably a bit token, saying Harvey will still need to fight for his spot in the squad. After how he handled Chilwell last season I’m pretty confident that he’ll be desperate to give Harvey as many minutes as he can.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The lad only came back to us today so it'd be pretty unlikely he'd make a start tomorrow anyway. He'll get game-time but probably off-the-bench to begin with, as you'd expect with any new signing/promoted academy player.