Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Hankey

Worst FA Cup Defeat?

51 minutes ago, Raj said:

NOTHING will be worse than Wycombe for an FA Cup defeat.

lol lol really? I would say held at home and losing away to Harlow is way beyond that. Harlow was on a par to losing to Lutterworth Town. 

Most people had never even heard of Harlow let alone its football team. 

4 minutes ago, 1969 said:

We have had loads of crap results in the FA Cup over the years - as have most teams. I was at the infamous Harlow defeat and I'm still mentally scarred! 

I was there too, played at an athletics stadium and city fans turned the burger van over at the end of the game

7 minutes ago, Foxey id said:

I was there too, played at an athletics stadium and city fans turned the burger van over at the end of the game

I remember a few dustbins flying around the car park too. Can't remember too much about the game fortunately. 

I think it's always what happens next which determines the worse results.

We bounced back after Harlow, Exeter and, with a change of manager, Millwall. We fell apart after Wycombe and didn't fully recover until over a decade later. We'll see what impact the latest debacle has.

Edited by inckley fox
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I’m not sure what our league position was when we lost to Wycombe , but to be 7th in the prem and go out to a 4th division side is pretty naff . 

5th, and it was a home quarter-final.

Today was second to Wycombe for me, although very close to Millwall, Millwall arguably worse in some ways given we were champions, and up against ten men.

Wycombe's up there with the biggest upset I think you'll see when you throw in all the context. A disaster.

4 hours ago, Corky said:

Wycombe will always be the worst for me. Home game, 5th in the league, just beaten Liverpool and a quarter-final too (with plenty of players with cup winning experience).

That day, and the ramifications of it, will be etched in the club for a long time. Today shouldn't have the same impact despite the abject nature of it.

Yeh we were ****ed for years after that. Horrible times 

11 hours ago, sylofox said:

lol lol really? I would say held at home and losing away to Harlow is way beyond that. Harlow was on a par to losing to Lutterworth Town. 

Most people had never even heard of Harlow let alone its football team. 

I wasn't even a glint in my dad's eye for that!!! Personally for me it's Wycombe as we were already planning for the next round on the walk to filbo!!!