Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Molson Canadian

Iborra Joins Villarreal

18 minutes ago, On our way... said:

No place for him in a Puel midfield. Far too creative.

Just need to get rid of Silva now and his asset stripping will be almost complete. No Plan B CF and no midfield creativity. Schmeichel and Ward to go next to accommodate Ben Hamers return

Did you watch his last game ??  Sideways, sideways, back , back ..... there was no ambition to play forward at all 

• Like 2

A Rolls Royce in a slower league, quick brain and could pick a pass. I'm sure he will be a real success week in week out display in the Spanish league which operates at a slower pace. That was his barrier in the Prem.

Liked him and his football, disappointing we couldn't get the best out of him.

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So creative with his 0 assists.

He's too slow and lumbering, Silva too lightweight. The simple reality is, two players not signed by this manager do not fit into the system he wants to play. We need someone more all action who can defend and pick a pass. They just don't fit into the category.

It's such a load of bollocks to suggest the manager doesn't want creativity. Who got Ricardo instead of Simpson and Maddison instead of Okazaki? How about you give him a chance to get in some players he think will fit. With your attitude we'd have just stuck with Simpson, rather than getting Ricardo who fits his style.

He did score 3 goals though, which is more than can be said about our current lot when you consider the amount of game time he had. 

No he wasnt what we need, but i would have liked him to have stayed another year.

However if we have got £9m for him then perhaps it was the right time. Lets just hope we can get a replacement in this window, especially if Silva goes as we are going to be bloody light in this position..

• Like 2

Guest MattP
6 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Probably the least shit of all the ones that need binning so it's only logical that he's first out the door.

Problem is the least shittest will be the ones easier to shift.

No one is going to take players like James, Slimani, Silva or Iheanacho off us unless we almost give them away or contribute a huge part of the wage.

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

He did score 3 goals though, which is more than can be said about our current lot when you consider the amount of game time he had.

All from corners though, not really what I'm wanting as a priority from my CM. I had no problem with him, best of a bad bunch in all honesty. But £9, if it is that, is just far too much to turn down if it means it opens doors to get a player that we think is a more suitable fit at some point.

6 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Certainly saw nothing from James to suggest we aren’t in desperate need of another CM option.  He’s as terrified to pass forwards as ever.

I have a worrying feeling that Puel rates James highly and will want him back near the starting 11 soon! I just see so many limitations in James' game, and add to that his injury issues as well as never looking fit - big mistake IMO. 

Hope we sign someone this window but I think we may only see a striker come in, with Puel perhaps happy with his defensive trio plus James. 

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

No one is going to take players like James, Slimani, Silva or Iheanacho off us unless we almost give them away or contribute a huge part of the wage.

I dunno, I think Silva would get a club in Portugal quite easily, especially if we end up having to subsidise his wages somewhat. 

Sporting would have him back in a flash. 

Problem is, their owner is a tosser and knows full well he mugged us off. He'd piss himself to have him back for like 5m.

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Did you watch his last game ??  Sideways, sideways, back , back ..... there was no ambition to play forward at all 

that's the same as every midfielder here lol somehow I think its more like instructions from the manager

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

James and King will almost certainly have to drop down a league. Silva will be able to find a club in Portugal no doubt. Slimani might be sought after for a struggling team somewhere.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Enter Drinkwater, stage left. 

If we could get a loan with option to buy he'd honestly fit us perfectly. Can defend, gets stuck in, can thread a ball and pick a pass. Problem is he's had so little football and we've had all the rumours about injuries that keep coming back.

• Like 1

Guest MattP
5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

James and King will almost certainly have to drop down a league. Silva will be able to find a club in Portugal no doubt. Slimani might be sought after for a struggling team somewhere.

We can find clubs for them, problem is how much we still have to pay just to get rid.

It would a total pisstake if Sporting ended up with Silva back, a profit and us contributing towards his wage.