Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Molson Canadian

Iborra Joins Villarreal

An elegant player and at least gave us a physical presence. Plus an immaculate near post defender at corners.

But was prone to sloppiness, couldn't track runners and frankly it was all a bit much for him. Never really got into a stride following a pretty season injury and always seemed to be playing catch up.

Despite me liking him, he was dreadful in his final game (man city?). His heart had gone.

Good business by Rudkin pulling in 10m. In fact, it's extraordinary business.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, That_Dude said:

Really sad it didn't work out for him here. I wish him all the best. At least he'll get more sun and game time.

His tan's taken a big hit from being here, that's for sure. 

Edited by Izzy
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Problem is the least shittest will be the ones easier to shift.

No one is going to take players like James, Slimani, Silva or Iheanacho off us unless we almost give them away or contribute a huge part of the wage.

Over £70million for those three. I really, really hope we've learnt from this.

I liked him and I do think he offers something the other midfielders don't. But we have too many 'defensive' midfielders so to be able to recoup near £10m for him is good business. Fingers crossed it opens up space for an alternative centre midfielder.

Seems to be a nice guy too, good luck Vicente.

27 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

I’m curious, how much do you think he’d be on a week with us?

A fair wack. 

Just look at everything posted recently. We've just secured a long term deal for the Training Ground/expansion and in the summer we needed to sell before we could buy. Nothing has changed.

Judging by his Twitter post it seems his young family wanted to return to Spain.

As fans we probably read too much into things sometimes. Not everything is an almighty **** up by the club. Maybe it's as simple as he wanted to go back home.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

From what I've seen and read it's around the 50k a week mark.

What?! Thats an absolute disgrace. Young Ben Chilly is on £110k a week. Iborra is the most experienced member of our squad maybe after Silva and has won Back2Back2Back Europa Leauges. He should be top of the pay roll! I think even Choudry is on 50 from my sources.

Edited by siraaj_lcfc

2 minutes ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

What?! Thats an absolute disgrace. Young Ben Chilly is on £110k a week. Iborra is the most experienced member of our squad maybe after Silva and has won Back2Back2Back Europa Leauges. He should be top of the pay roll! I think even Choudry is on 50 from my sources.

Indeed! 

50k per week! What a disgrace!

FFS..... lol

• Haha 1

I can only assume that he wanted to leave because he was missing Spain.

I certainly wouldn't have sold him, he was a good backup midfielder and better than several we haven't managed to offload yet. I Feel that Claude also would have liked to keep him - after all he has played him recently and regularly.

Good player that I'm sad to see leave.

1 minute ago, FIF said:

I can only assume that he wanted to leave because he was missing Spain.

I certainly wouldn't have sold him, he was a good backup midfielder and better than several we haven't managed to offload yet. I Feel that Claude also would have liked to keep him - after all he has played him recently and regularly.

Good player that I'm sad to see leave.

yeah he wanted to go back to Spain and Seville but it seems Villarreal stepped in. Good for them, they've just inherited a great man.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Over £70million for those three. I really, really hope we've learnt from this.

So do I. No-one seems to want to accept it, or seems bothered... but that’s terrible business from the club.

No longer can Leicester fans look at other clubs and take the piss over big money flops. They will do, of course.. football fans are fickle. But the money this club has wasted over recent years is phenomenal.

I can only assume, for example, that come the start of next season, we’ll have Slimani back at the club ‘earning’ over 100k per week until he sees his contract out.

Ouch...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

@Gerard Not quite the waste of money first thought, we somehow managed to recoup most of it hahahaa

I'm amazed we got a Spanish club to pay €10m for a player in their 30's who is average at this level. Just like Musa it's nice to get away with one occasionally.

I'm all for selling any player who is mediocre for us for a good offer, we can always roll the dice with another player. One thing is for sure Iborra's value is only heading south so an excellent time to sell a non key player. Well done Rudkin.