Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
oxford blue

The away kit

Qas the white kit worn v Newport the FA cup away kit? I was unsure why we played in this.Having said that, I prefer to the grey kit which I dislike. White would be my choice of away kit, possibly with yelllow as second choice. However, I think we should always wear blue for away games unless we cannot because of a clash wih the home team.

What do you think? Would City agree to a poll of fans before choosing the away colours for next season?

4 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

Qas the white kit worn v Newport the FA cup away kit? I was unsure why we played in this.Having said that, I prefer to the grey kit which I dislike. White would be my choice of away kit, possibly with yelllow as second choice. However, I think we should always wear blue for away games unless we cannot because of a clash wih the home team.

What do you think? Would City agree to a poll of fans before choosing the away colours for next season?

We will always need to play in alternative colours in order to fulfil commercial contracts. Adidas will always want 3 different kits to help sales and we will need to play in all of them. 

Edited by rn9013
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, oxford blue said:

I think we have more pressing things to contend with at the moment.  

15 hours ago, oxford blue said:

Would City agree to a poll of fans before choosing the away colours for next season?

I think they definitely will but they are currently working on a poll regarding swapping the family stand and kop 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

All irrelevant when we should have been wearing blue against a team playing in yellow. We're getting as bad as Watford for unnecessary strip changes these days.

Don't have a problem with not wearing blue. We were the away side so should wear the away kit, seems pretty straightforward.

The way we rotate a 3rd kit (which is new every season) is what baffles me, though. IMO a third kit should only be used when a clash is unavoidable, i.e. when we're away at Brighton/Huddersfield. Instead we seem to mix and match which of the kits we wear on any given occasion. Stick to the two kits and have a bland alternate strip that only changes every 2-3 seasons minimum. It brings in the money though so that'll never change.

6 hours ago, rn9013 said:

The best non-home shirt of recent years for me was the 15/16 and 16/17 white shirts. Loved both of those.

leicester-city-16-17-third-kit-2.jpg

835df0356bdba38696c8217a3b6f6248.jpg

Didn't we play Everton away in the white pinstripe with blue shorts,when we could have worn the red kit?

Edited by PAULCFC