Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
oxford blue

The away kit

On 07/01/2019 at 19:33, Ashley said:

Your answer is in the title. It's an away kit for a reason

Ok, if you get past the title, I ask why can't we wear blue unless there is a clash?

If,as has been suggested, adidas want 3 kits for commecial reasons (is that right) how about a different style/design of blue shirt for the away kit? The third kit would be another colour 

23 hours ago, mozartfox said:

I think we have more pressing things to contend with at the moment.  

Perhaps. But that does not mean only dealing with one issue at a time. Any club,organisation has many projects on-going at the same time. Multi-tasking in the corporate world...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, oxford blue said:

Ok, if you get past the title, I ask why can't we wear blue unless there is a clash?

If,as has been suggested, adidas want 3 kits for commecial reasons (is that right) how about a different style/design of blue shirt for the away kit? The third kit would be another colour 

Perhaps. But that does not mean only dealing with one issue at a time. Any club,organisation has many projects on-going at the same time. Multi-tasking in the corporate world...

Pretty much what you said about Adidas. I think it's to do with our marketing team too. It's been spoken about on here before.

29 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

That defeats the point of having another kit.

The reason teams have 3 kits is in case both their home and away kits are too similar to an opponent's home kit (e.g. we have a white away kit and are playing Brighton/Huddersfield/etc.).

I think it would be nice if football stuck to tradition and only used home kits unless it's too similar to the opponent's home kit, but I can see why this has changed.

11 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Unbeaten in the Grey shirt.... 

Record of played 4, drew 1 and won 3

What's our record for the white one? I'm thinking it's not good. Maybe pushing the old green and gold Ind Coope one for having a bad record. For some reasons, fans seem to like that one, but I associate it with a terrible win percentage.

On 07/01/2019 at 19:30, That_Dude said:

The actual white one is absolutely hideous. No originality in it at all. By the far the worse of all three. 

I’m not a fan of the white away kit you can almost liken it to a generic school football team kit let alone a professional clubs kit it’s boring unimaginative and cheap looking preferred the black and gold and Red away kits !!

3 hours ago, oxford blue said:

I thought that there was a TV rule that one side should be dark and one side light?

I could well be wrong or living in the dark ages  lol

4 hours ago, oxford blue said:

If,as has been suggested, adidas want 3 kits for commecial reasons (is that right) how about a different style/design of blue shirt for the away kit?

I wouldn't be opposed to having an alternate home kit for European competitions (à la Dortmund) in the future tbh

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

What's our record for the white one? I'm thinking it's not good. Maybe pushing the old green and gold Ind Coope one for having a bad record. For some reasons, fans seem to like that one, but I associate it with a terrible win percentage.

Losses at Palace and Newport

9 hours ago, Anglodanglo said:

True fact: We won every game in this away kit. Mostly due to involuntary vomiting from opposing players as we ran out the tunnel.

Disclaimer: Might not be true:ph34r:

green-gold.jpg

We actually only once in it and even that was for a League Cup semi final that we lost on aggregate at 

When they released the grey shirt I hated it, and when they released the white shirt I loved it.

I went in the shop to get the white shirt, saw it for real and realised it's not that nice. Then I saw the grey shirt for real and :wub:

21 hours ago, ozleicester said:

I thought that there was a TV rule that one side should be dark and one side light?

I could well be wrong or living in the dark ages  lol

I've exchanged correspondence with Sky about colour clashes as perceived by those of us who are colourblind, particularly those instances where two teams playing in dark strips (albeit different colours) are hard to differentiate. Sky said they have no influence on the strips used. I am aware that before the season teams must submit their strip choices to the Premier League for some sort of colour analysis to ensure there is never a colour clash, but this analysis does not take into account how colours are seen by the colourblind. The FA claims to be making football accessible to all, but its own guidelines around colourblindness are routinely ignored by clubs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 09/01/2019 at 16:30, Cardiff_Fox said:

We actually only once in it and even that was for a League Cup semi final that we lost on aggregate at 

I thought we beat thrashed Burton Albion in it in the quarterfinals, I think the game was played at Birmingham city's ground, Lineker scored and then someone knocked the goalie out with a coin. The game went on though. Vague memory , I was very young. Could of been the baseball ground???

16 minutes ago, Gwyn said:

I thought we beat thrashed Burton Albion in it in the quarterfinals, I think the game was played at Birmingham city's ground, Lineker scored and then someone knocked the goalie out with a coin. The game went on though. Vague memory , I was very young. Could of been the baseball ground???

Burton Albion was in the FA Cup, held at Baseball Ground. Replay at Highfield Road. With Burton in yellow, Leicester played in Blue