Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mhs123

Che Adams

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Still think we need a different type of striker in our squad. Someone who can offer us an aerial threat and capable of holding up the ball and bringing our full backs and wide men into play. 

Che Adams maybe a decent target in the Summer if a decision is made on Iheanacho but right now, I think a big no.9 is what is needed and would give us a much needed different dimension, when we are struggling to make a break through, which has often been the case this season. 

It's a shame we got rid of Ulloa as he worked well doing what we need right now.

I'd be tempted to bring this lad in now whilst he's available with a view to the Vardy-Che situation mirroring Fuchs-Chilwell. Alongside that, bring Slimani back (I know, I know...) for 6 months with Iheanacho going the other way on loan, and revisit the strikers market in the summer when we have more funds available from all the players whose contracts are ending.

Side note: He's a local lad, but is he a Leicester fan? Could be a big boost to our chances of signing him if so.

7 minutes ago, Xen said:

It's a shame we got rid of Ulloa as he worked well doing what we need right now.

I'd be tempted to bring this lad in now whilst he's available with a view to the Vardy-Che situation mirroring Fuchs-Chilwell. Alongside that, bring Slimani back (I know, I know...) for 6 months with Iheanacho going the other way on loan, and revisit the strikers market in the summer when we have more funds available from all the players whose contracts are ending.

Side note: He's a local lad, but is he a Leicester fan? Could be a big boost to our chances of signing him if so.

I have always thought he was.

1 minute ago, Xen said:

I'm just a bit weary of these championship strikers who seem to score goals there for fun but then really struggle to make an impact in the Premier League. I do like his stats on his work rate and running though, so at the very least you know we are going to get a player who will run his socks off all game, and that always counts for something, even if they aren't hitting the net every game. I think anything under £12-13million would be worth a punt, especially as I thought we bought a top striker for £25m in Iheanacho and look how that is turning out, so maybe a punt on a hard working, young Championship striker should be worth a go this time. 

As for bringing Slimani back... I'm less enthused about. I do think he would be more useful than Iheanacho though but I'm not sure if the limited potential benefits, outweigh the cons of having him sat on the bench most games, only to be gone in the summer as most likely planned. I'd be open to the idea but only if Slimani was desperate to come back and was in a positive mind set, which I'm not sure he would be due to how his career as turned out with us so far.

10 minutes ago, Xen said:

You think we should have kept Ulloa and should bring Slim back?

Blimey

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rigga said:

We need something which is better than the nothing we currently have..

Those two are no longer better than nothing. Look where they are now playing. 

Cant believe how much Slimani has improved since he left. Clearly I was also unlucky in missing all those great performance for us.

Edited by hackneyfox

39 minutes ago, matty98 said:

It's a yes from me, only question is whether he'll get enough game time with Vardy being the main man unless we go 2 upfront

Nacho has gotten plenty of time - seems to be that he would be coming in to compete for Nacho's minutes, and that Okazaki will be a fringe player now at best.

2 hours ago, MattP said:

Not convinced at all by the stats, surely can do better.

Do you remember vardys stats when we won the championship? He was out scored by Nugent. Look at the difference in the two now. You can’t judge a player solely on stats, especially not when he’s only 22.

31 minutes ago, Xen said:

Not sure Clud would agree.

Its all about the vision