Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mhs123

Che Adams

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Apart from that 18 year old french striker, we literally seem to have no public interest in any players coming in

How often have we signed players we've been linked with in the recent past.

Plenty of surprises that even the ITK were unaware of.

I'm grasping at straws here.

4 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

mentioned this lad the other day in the jan window thread too:ph34r:

think he'd be a decent addition for us tbh if we could get him in

Sky mentioned Brum dont have to sell or anything but arent Birmingham in a fair bit of debt or something from what ive read, £14 mil and a under 23 for loan would be worth a shot

Give them Loft!

3 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

You think we should have kept Ulloa and should bring Slim back?

Blimey

Not quite.

I think letting both of them go and not bringing in a target man type of striker was a mistake. Ulloa was good enough as a backup and - this season - would have had enough game time to keep him happy. As we didn't bring in a replacement I would have liked us to keep one of them, and Ulloa would be my choice.

In the situation we find ourselves in now, though, Ulloa is not an option. Slimani wasn't amazing for us by any stretch, but he offered something different and certainly more so than Iheanacho does. If he can bring the right attitude back and work hard, 6 months back here could be mutually beneficial - we get an improvement on KI and don't have to pay the January premium for a striker, and he gets a shop window opportunity. 

Do I think it's ideal? No. But it's making the best of a bad situation that doesn't look to have any other resolution forthcoming.

9 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Still think we need a different type of striker in our squad. Someone who can offer us an aerial threat and capable of holding up the ball and bringing our full backs and wide men into play. 

Che Adams maybe a decent target in the Summer if a decision is made on Iheanacho but right now, I think a big no.9 is what is needed and would give us a much needed different dimension, when we are struggling to make a break through, which has often been the case this season. 

I agree with you there either Llorente or Emiliano Sala would be good additions to the squad.

• Like 1

Lots of positives to bringing Adams in: has a reputation for being a powerful, athletic and quick player, sounds like he has a good work rate and attitude, local guy, young talent and doing well in the Championship. Keen to see if there is any truth in this one.

• Like 1