Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mhs123

Che Adams

33 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Would prefer 4-3-1-2:

Schmeichel

Pereira, Morgan, Maguire, Chilwell

Ndidi, Choudhury, Maddison

Barnes

Vardy, Adams

Allows Maddison to drop deep which he seems to do naturally. Vardy will no longer be isolated with Adams / Barnes around him. 

Against top 6:

Schmeichel

Pereira, Morgan, Maguire, Chilwell

Ndidi, Choudhury, Mendy

Maddison

Vardy, Barnes

That's more or less what I was thinking, except if Adams is signed I don't think Barnes is going to be recalled.  A 4-3-1-2 makes the most sense if you want to get Adams and Vardy on the pitch for an entire match.  Adams could conceivably play some sort of winger role, but truthfully he's a striker.  Maybe they won't call it that when he plays at the same time as Vardy because nobody plays 2 strikers anymore, but that's what it would be.

Edited by Deeg67

28 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

That's more or less what I was thinking, except if Adams is signed I don't think Barnes is going to be recalled.  A 4-3-1-2 makes the most sense if you want to get Adams and Vardy on the pitch for an entire match.  Adams could conceivably play some sort of winger role, but truthfully he's a striker.  Maybe they won't call it that when he plays at the same time as Vardy because nobody plays 2 strikers anymore, but that's what it would be.

With Diabate going out on loan and Okazaki being chased by Huddersfield, we would definitely need to sign some replacements otherwise the squad would be even more thin attacking, Barnes back and Adams in would be suitable to cover the outgoings

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

With Diabate going out on loan and Okazaki being chased by Huddersfield, we would definitely need to sign some replacements otherwise the squad would be even more thin attacking, Barnes back and Adams in would be suitable to cover the outgoings

Shinji won't be going to Huddersfield.  Don't see the upside for him, and frankly it's a bad move for the club too.

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Aren't Birmingham in financial troubles at the moment? Might not be a bad time to bid. 

Don't know much about this lad, but he looks good. Gerrim in

Yeah there’s no way he will cost £12 million unless the fee is structured over a period of time. Brum are doing well this season but they are absolutely shitting themselves if a decent offer comes in for one of their strikers

18 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Still not a word about this anywhere online. :dunno:

Which is the case for about 80% of the transfers we’ve completed since promotion. Usually the long threads or ones with press rumours come to nothing 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Does he have a WAG?

Very good point. Probably top of the Recruitment Teams' checklist,   i.e. before Ball Control and Pass Completion statistics.

Issue with Birmingham is the entirety of that transfer fee will go to paying off their debts and restrictions by the football league.

That means they can't replace him and given the fact they're genuinely in a chance for the play offs... won't sell. A PL payday would be much better long term business sense than a quick fix sale that would see them plummet down the league. 

At a push I could see us signing now and loaning back, just to guarantee no one nabs him if he carries on this form. Only other option would be if we had someone to offer them, but we don't so I think we're a bit stuck on this one.

Majority of the above has come straight from Monk via Alan Nixon on twitter. 

Edited by AjcW

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Every appearance this season for Birmingham has been as a Striker, so can imagine he will become the understudy to Vardy, chuck him on in the last 20-30 minutes of a match to hassle players rather than Okazaki

5 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

So, attacking midfielder or forward?

Where do peeps see him fitting in to the 4231 formation?

For me, I think he could play anywhere across the front four of the 4231, he looks to have a pace and vision to do that. 

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Issue with Birmingham is the entirety of that transfer fee will go to paying off their debts and restrictions by the football league.

That means they can't replace him and given the fact they're genuinely in a chance for the play offs... won't sell. A PL payday would be much better long term business sense than a quick fix sale that would see them plummet down the league. 

At a push I could see us signing now and loaning back, just to guarantee no one nabs him if he carries on this form. Only other option would be if we had someone to offer them, but we don't so I think we're a bit stuck on this one.

Majority of the above has come straight from Monk via Alan Nixon on twitter. 

We do have someone to offer...... Nacho. Send him to them on loan for the rest of the season. Then it’s a win win for both parties. They get a $25m ( cue laughter) striker who desperately needs games to get his mojo back and we get a 22 year old understudy for Vards who can also play alongside him. Would be very interesting to see both Vards and Adams running Prem defenses ragged.

• Like 2