Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mhs123

Che Adams

Could be a sign now and loan back until the summer deal. I know we need players now but may make them more likely to accept a deal.

I've not seen enough him but its not something that gets me too excited. If true though its good to see we wil continue with our approach of giving young players an opportunity.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Could be a sign now and loan back until the summer deal. I know we need players now but may make them more likely to accept a deal.

I've not seen enough him but its not something that gets me too excited. If true though its good to see we wil continue with our approach of giving young players an opportunity.

There is an element of this that makes me quite happy we are not chasing the journeyman signing.. the usual types that Everton and West Ham go for the zabaleta, Walcott, nasri when they're best is behind them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Isn't Maja a Sunderland player...?

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

:blink: think you're getting a bit mixed up there mate!

4 hours ago, roblcfc84 said:

He is and I've been to see Sunderland twice this year and living in the NE know a few season ticket holders. Maja has only just broken through and has a long way to go before being ready to play at the top level. If a PL club did sign him it would be for future, not now.

Sorry I meant Jota not Maja!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

I'd love us to become known as club for signing and nurturing young players.  Seems a good prospect.  X

I'll quote a text from a mate who is a Blues fan and a regular at St Andrews:-

"He was hit and miss last season. Had a slow start again this year, but has done much better under Monk. If the Foxes are happy to make an extravagant offer, I'm sure we'll take it! Not sure he's a Premiership quality player though". My underlining.

1 minute ago, bald reynard said:

"He was hit and miss last season. Had a slow start again this year, but has done much better under Monk. If the Foxes are happy to make an extravagant offer, I'm sure we'll take it! Not sure he's a Premiership quality player though". My underlining.

Yeah you look at his stats (I know, I know) and it paints a picture of him only coming good since last October.  His form since then has been sublime though so it comes down to the age old question of form vs class and it's down to our recruitment team to answer that.

18 hours ago, bald reynard said:

Yeah, no one knows whether he will be good or not but then, the text you quoted, could almost be verbatim what many of our own fans said about Vardy in his early days here.  Many would have been happy for him to go.  In my original post the important word was PROSPECT.  I am willing to take the risk.  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

On 11/01/2019 at 09:33, manders86 said:

There is an element of this that makes me quite happy we are not chasing the journeyman signing.. the usual types that Everton and West Ham go for the zabaleta, Walcott, nasri when they're best is behind them.

Agree...but then, that's exactly how I viewed players such as Russell Osman, Tony Cottee, Ian Marshall, Steve Claridge, Robert Huth, David Speedie, Garry Parker, Yakubu and Stan Collymore upon their arrival - and also, if I'm honest...Esteban Cambiasso, 

But then there will always be the Martin Keowns. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Agree...but then, that's exactly how I viewed players such as Russell Osman, Tony Cottee, Ian Marshall, Steve Claridge, Robert Huth, David Speedie, Garry Parker, Yakubu and Stan Collymore upon their arrival - and also, if I'm honest...Esteban Cambiasso, 

Les Ferdinand was class also, even though we went down the season he played for us.

On 12/01/2019 at 11:31, Line-X said:

And worse.  I saw D***is ****ing W**e on the T last night and felt a bit sick.