Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mhs123

Che Adams

21 hours ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

If we bought Adams then yes play 2 up front vardy and Adams very quick, would that partnership work for us, 

Vardy's speed isn't being utilised currently in this system and don't think that would change by having two quick strikers, unless Puel changed his philosophy or at least adapted it so that balls were sent through quicker to Vardy (+Adams) and suited their runs more. 

• Like 1

Echo the sentiments of what others have said here. Impressed tonight, he held up the ball very well, linking with other players all the time and rarely losing the ball when it was played into him. In addition, he had strength and tenacity to fight for and win the ball back on many occasions and was a willing runner. I think the keeper should have stopped his goal, but it was a terrific strike from a tight angle hit with real venom.

He reminds me of Troy Deeney back in the Championship days, and I mean that as a compliment. Seems quite promising and I can see why we would be interested, but of course you'd have to ask if he can do it in the top league, and if he can play as a sole front man as Birmingham play a 442. But based on what I saw today, I think the answer to both questions would be yes. If we don't get him, I imagine Burnley, Southampton or one of the promoted clubs will sign him in the summer. Ironically Watford probably won't as they sign foreign players generally, even though I think he would be a fitting successor to Deeney!

• 2 weeks later...

From The Mirror

Southampton make first move for Birmingham's Che Adams ahead of transfer deadline day

Birmingham striker Adams has scored 14 goals in the Championship this season

TRANSFER UPDATE: SUAREZ AND RODRIGUEZ LATEST, ISCO TO LEAVE MADRID?

Southampton have made the first move for Birmingham's Che Adams.

The south coast club have tabled an offer in the region of £8million for Birmingham's 14-goal top scorer Adams.

Championship Birmingham are understood to have rejected the approach for the 22-year-old. But they are braced for a fresh attempt from Southampton for their exciting prized asset as well as further bids from his other suitors ahead of deadline day on Thursday. 

Adams is a wanted man after producing the best form of his career this season.

0_Norwich-City-v-Birmingham-City-Sky-Bet
Adams has scored 14 Championship goals this season (Image: PA)

As revealed by Mirror Sport, 12 Premier League clubs watched him score in Birmingham's 2-1 defeat to Middlesbrough a fortnight ago. 

Fulham , Leicester , Burnley and Wolves are also among Adams' top-flight admirers.

we should put a bid in for him imo, cant get any worse than Nacho and Shinji tbh, since they have trouble finding the net as it is and Shinji will more than likely go this window or in the summer

and im sure he'd come here over Southampton tbh given hes a local lad

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

we should put a bid in for him imo, cant get any worse than Nacho and Shinji tbh, since they have trouble finding the net as it is and Shinji will more than likely go this window or in the summer

and im sure he'd come here over Southampton tbh given hes a local lad

We have a track record of getting players into the national set up (Vardy, Drinky[few caps], Maguire, Chilwell, Gray got called up, Maddison too)

• Like 1