Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Jamie Vardy to Chelsea

While I appreciate the logic of selling Vardy to maximise the money you could get from him, there is no way the club will consider this in January. 

Short on strikers I hear you say, yes let's sell the most prolific striking threat we have, in a window that will be more difficult to obtain a replacement. Plus there are lot of rumors regards to outgoings, big rebuild in summer it is, he'll be here at least till then me thinks

I do however believe we should look at maximising Vardy's ability rather than resell value, he's a special player. 

I love Vardy,and 2 seasons ago Chelsea picking him up would of been good business.For them!!

But he is for various reasons ingrained to this club,and all respects to our legend...He won't get regular gametime,because Chelsea can't pick a striker!!I

He would be ,just misused!! Then put on the slag-heap!!

They have for their standards 2 good strikers but cant, think how to use them...Sarri-problem!!!

If they can't find ...for themselves  ... a better striker,they do really have a problem!!!I

If Vardy wanted a last chance of a  last hoorah,no problems for me...but now few clubs can offer it after this season.....

Unless he can guarantee in his contract  gametime in specific games,and competitions after this season would be a folly!!and easy forgotten!!

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

and that’s the reason why i think people are baulking at Bab’s 50 million, not is it good valuation for a 32 year old... but who can we get with that money who is as good as vardy 

That bridge has to be crossed at some point though doesn't it, whether it's now or in 18 months. We'll have our own money to spend as well, so I look at it this way. It's easier to find that replacement now with an extra £50m, than it is in 18 months without it.

It won't happen anyway because they won't bid that. lol

3 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

While I appreciate the logic of selling Vardy to maximise the money you could get from him, there is no way the club will consider this in January. 

Short on strikers I hear you say, yes let's sell the most prolific striking threat we have, in a window that will be more difficult to obtain a replacement. Plus there are lot of rumors regards to outgoings, big rebuild in summer it is, he'll be here at least till then me thinks

I do however believe we should look at maximising Vardy's ability rather than resell value, he's a special player. 

Jamie Vardy admits the way Leicester City manager Claude Puel wants his side to play does not suit his natural game

17 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Jamie Vardy admits the way Leicester City manager Claude Puel wants his side to play does not suit his natural game

Will if he doesn't like a possession based system, he's going to have them same issue with playing Sarri ball at Chelsea.

Because Sarri isn't going to change to a counter-attacking system for Jamie Vardy.

Edited by coolhandfox

If he went, I have absolutely no doubt we would be relegated within 2 seasons. Might scrape staying up next year but we would be done for. If they bung us £30m plus Abraham i'd hate taking it, but the man owes us nothing and I love him.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

28 minutes ago, Babylon said:

That bridge has to be crossed at some point though doesn't it, whether it's now or in 18 months. We'll have our own money to spend as well, so I look at it this way. It's easier to find that replacement now with an extra £50m, than it is in 18 months without it.

It won't happen anyway because they won't bid that. lol

better to cross it when he has a significant drop in pace/stamina than now 

51 minutes ago, MPH said:

i think the problem is who do we replace him with? i mean who realistically would come to us and give us what Jamie has given us over the years?

Are you asking who replace Vardy like for like or who will score us the same number of goals?

Vardy does need to be replaced at some point. If Vardy can change to a new type of play, as admittedly he says he's struggling, then that's great we get a couple more years out of him. If he can't, then despite being remembered for ALL time for the success and simply immense goals he has scored, we need to part company.

4 minutes ago, surrifox said:

All true - I just wish I had more confidence in our ability to recruit anything close to a decent replacement 

We've not been bad the last year to be honest. But no, we need a few more hits yet before the trust is back with the scouting.

7 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

And who are we replacing him with?

Wouldnt trust our mob to sign a striker a quarter as good.

Again, we have to replace him at some point. The point is, it's easier with the money than without. It's an imminent issue we need to face with him now being 32 (well, 32 tomorrow).

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

At which point you'd have a player not worth anything and not the same budget to replace him.

I get your point and from a business point of view it's the sensible option. I feel like Vardy is the one exception is make to this. For what he's done and what he could still do for us I'd be happy for us to take the hit financially. Easy to say when it ain't my money I suppose

1 hour ago, MattP said:

I know, that's what worries me in that department giving our recent spending.

How recent are you talking, we're not banging on about Slim and Musa are we?

Personally I'm happy with our summer spending.

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

And who are we replacing him with?

Wouldnt trust our mob to sign a striker a quarter as good.

Why? 

Our mob have changed and recent signings (see above) have been decent.

Do you work at the club?

Bet it wouldn't take too long to work out who you are, the one with a constant cloud hanging over his head. ;)