Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Jamie Vardy to Chelsea

He's become the embodiment of Leicester City for me but if were him I would absolutely go to Chelsea if they came calling. Big club on the world stage, big pay day, another shot at Champions League football. Great end to his career.

I'd be broken if he did go though and I'd doubt that the club would be open to letting him leave unless huge money & or players were involved.

17 minutes ago, Bablemikey said:

He's become the embodiment of Leicester City for me but if were him I would absolutely go to Chelsea if they came calling. Big club on the world stage, big pay day, another shot at Champions League football. Great end to his career.

I'd be broken if he did go though and I'd doubt that the club would be open to letting him leave unless huge money & or players were involved.

I'm sure that is exactly what Danny Drinkwater was thinking too... :whistle:

6 minutes ago, Weller 7 said:

I’m shocked at how many of you think this couldn’t happen. Vardy has already said he struggling to play for Puel and you need to check out Rebecca Vardy and the post she likes on twitter re Puel. IF Chelsea do come calling, those of you supporting Puel may well need to  re think the negative effect he’s having on our squad. 

If Vardy can’t get on with what puel wants from his strikers then playing for Sarri would be just as bad, if not worse. 

• Like 1

However useful Vardy is to is, you can’t turn down 50 million quid for a 32 yr old who’s main attribute is pace in abundance.

Chelsea wouldn’t bid anywhere that amount I don’t imagine, if they even make an offer at all.

Again it shows just how piss poor our striking options are at the club. We must address this.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bablemikey said:

Agree.

He is Leicester through and through but are we still that Leicester.

If Chelsea or another higher profile team came calling, the club may say no but would he?

2 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

And who are we replacing him with?

Wouldnt trust our mob to sign a striker a quarter as good.

What a difference 3 seasons make.....According to many we had the best trustworthy recruitment team from all leagues!!!

Uncomfortable thoughts...but why was Ranieri (even with title) allowed to rip up,one of the best the B.room staff systems around ,that owners and Pearson

Had conscientiously built up over a decent period of time,that became the envy of many a club...

Much was speculated ,never proved or shown an iota of truth on Player discontent...But off-field management turbulence,was more the cause,

Of us not kicking on.In -fact off-field it does seem we imploded...but every discontenter preferred to ride the "Player" side of it!!!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Weller 7 said:

I’m shocked at how many of you think this couldn’t happen. Vardy has already said he struggling to play for Puel and you need to check out Rebecca Vardy and the post she likes on twitter re Puel. IF Chelsea do come calling, those of you supporting Puel may well need to  re think the negative effect he’s having on our squad. 

Not sure about the negative effect on the squad but agree with you re shock that people don't think this could happen.

If I were Vardy I would be very interested. Chelsea need a stop gap striker, he's got probably 2 years at the top. Final pay day, genuine chance of winnig trophies. Win win for Chelsea and Vardy. It isn't like Drinkwater at all as Vardy has already quit the national set-up. Whether there is any truth in it who knows.

If it were to happen we have a very big problem as we would not be able to attract the calibre of player to score the same number of goals he does and when he plays well he sets the tempo for the whole team. He is actually more important than the manager at this exact moment.

56 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

However useful Vardy is to is, you can’t turn down 50 million quid for a 32 yr old who’s main attribute is pace in abundance.

Chelsea wouldn’t bid anywhere that amount I don’t imagine, if they even make an offer at all.

Again it shows just how piss poor our striking options are at the club. We must address this.

You can turn it down if the rest of his attributes still make him infinitely better than the rest of your strikers, and selling him makes relegation over the next two or three seasons a lot more likely. Unless we can be certain of replacing him effectively, which I don't think we could be, then two seasons of Jamie Vardy is worth more to us than £50m.

• Like 1

Its alright having 50m in the bank but trying to replace him this season will not happen, that would say goodbye to 7th place for sure.

End of the season maybe if the offer was 50m but it would be a sad day to see him leave, I think we could have him here until he was 35 and he still be banging them in off the bench however.

I dunno gees up

I wouldn't begrudge Vardy any move after what he's done for us.

Our poor efforts in the cup competitions would suggest he's not going to win anything here in the time he has left.

We're building for the future but he must be tempted by a nailed on European run next season and to play in some top stadiums, which he deserves another shot at.

Anyway, Roman doesn't through that kind of money at over 30's , so unless the club release him cheap, after everything he's helped us to achieve, I can't see this happening.

£50 mill for our Jamie!!! Sounds good..sounds tempting , obvious and an easy call!!!

How much would we lose,if we go down without his goals,even if it's only 14-18 goals.!!  ????

Many clubs have difficulties in finding a 12-16 goals ps,striker.Vardy would keep us ticking over for 2-3 seasons more!!

Even at 35..experience will seem him through.You don't throw away your striker,especially one of the best still around.

Puel/any manager will need him next season,and would prove brainless if they thought otherwise,and agreed with a departure.

It's not a question of be careful what you wish for,...but. Be carefull,what you think you wouldn't mind so much...

For banter-sake...if we lost Chilwell/Maddison//Maguire all together,I don't think it would not be so bad,as losing Vardy...

The capability and instinct of sticking it between those posts,brings more of that other need!! Defence we now have,Chilwell a solid member

but not unreplacable..Maddison the spark we need for our midfield,but still to realise his potential,Maguire will IMO develope into a great player,

All 3 the difference in level of dream and hoping how high we can consistently hope to finish and compete in the PL!!!

But a Vardy takes that dream a step higher,even if one doesn't eventually realise that dream ..! Or he helps to hold our own when we could struggle!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

£50 mill for our Jamie!!! Sounds good..sounds tempting , obvious and an easy call!!!

How much would we lose,if we go down without his goals,even if it's only 14-18 goals.!!  ????

Many clubs have difficulties in finding a 12-16 goals ps,striker.Vardy would keep us ticking over for 2-3 seasons more!!

Even at 35..experience will seem him through.You don't throw away your striker,especially one of the best still around.

Puel/any manager will need him next season,and would prove brainless if they thought otherwise,and agreed with a departure.

It's not a question of be careful what you wish for,...but. Be carefull,what you think you wouldn't mind so much...

For banter-sake...if we lost Chilwell/Maddison//Maguire all together,I don't think it would not be so bad,as losing Vardy...

The capability and instinct of sticking it between those posts,brings more of that other need!! Defence we now have,Chilwell a solid member

but not unreplacable..Maddison the spark we need for our midfield,but still to realise his potential,Maguire will IMO develope into a great player,

All 3 the difference in level of dream and hoping how high we can consistently hope to finish and compete in the PL!!!

But a Vardy takes that dream a step higher,even if one doesn't eventually realise that dream ..! Or he helps to hold our own when we could struggle!!

My New Years resolution was to read your posts ...    and keep reading them ...    till I understood what the fook you were on about ..   :)

Unfortunately ...   like my other resolution..   to stop drinking ..   they have both fallen by the wayside ...   :)

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

My New Years resolution was to read your posts ...    and keep reading them ...    till I understood what the fook you were on about ..   :)

Unfortunately ...   like my other resolution..   to stop drinking ..   they have both fallen by the wayside ...   :)

Read them when you're drunk they make more sense.

• Like 1