Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Barnes coming back

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

TBF it was probably the deadwood that was on show they prompted THIS decision.

Well

lets hope he gets his chance...Not just off the bench either..’Especially if we are not in the market for any players which is what it seems..

35 minutes ago, Dames said:

It happened last season and Puel was in charge so there is a bit of a precedent to go on.

I'm hoping the lad comes back and steps up but there is every chance he's been brought back as cover after Diabate has gone on loan. The good news in that is at least he's ahead of Diabate in the order of things now hopefully.

To be fair last season he had to contest with Gray, Albrighton and Diabate for the left wing position with Mahrez being on the right

This season I would say we don’t really have a first choice winger for either side so has a much better chance

Edited by moore_94

I keep seeing “everyone will get on his back if doesn’t score and assist loads of goals blah blah blah” look at the patience afforded to most players on here - it’s only just about now foxestalk has finally lost its patience with Gray and Iheanacho. I think most fans want Barnes to succeeed more than most players as he’s an academy graduate and Leicester fan 

• Like 2

We have 1530 (17*90) minutes left in our season. Harvey would have been nailed on to play that at West Brom. We have Diabate going out who only played 55 minutes of Prem football in the first half of the season. This is about pitch time for me and I'm struggling to see him get more 500.

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I keep seeing “everyone will get on his back if doesn’t score and assist loads of goals blah blah blah” look at the patience afforded to most players on here - it’s only just about now foxestalk has finally lost its patience with Gray and Iheanacho. I think most fans want Barnes to succeeed more than most players as he’s an academy graduate and Leicester fan 

Is it really?  I'm sure people have been slagging Gray off for a solid 2 season now

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Is it really?  I'm sure people have been slagging Gray off for a solid 2 season now

Well some (maybe the majority, who’s counting?) but equally there’s been plenty of people defending and praising him too. 

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

We have 1530 (17*90) minutes left in our season. Harvey would have been nailed on to play that at West Brom. We have Diabate going out who only played 55 minutes of Prem football in the first half of the season. This is about pitch time for me and I'm struggling to see him get more 500.

Why won’t he play instead of Ghezzal or Gray who have been pretty poor during the first half of the season?

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Well some (maybe the majority, who’s counting?) but equally there’s been plenty of people defending and praising him too. 

If we had put a poll or two out on Gray over the last 2 seasons instead of 50 on Puel we could have had a definitive answer

My impression was that most have been pretty negative about Gray

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Why won’t he play instead of Ghezzal or Gray who have been pretty poor during the first half of the season?

He'll probably get minutes but he's still competing with those guys for minutes. We can only play 11 guys on the pitch at the same time and he's competing for minutes with Gray, Ghezzel, Albrighton and to a a lesser extent Iheanacho, Shinji, Maddison, and Ricardo.

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If we are looking towards him being ready for us next season what's more beneficial? 500 minutes of football at a new level, with a new learning curve now... or another 1500 minutes at a level he's already clearly good enough for.

The lad has stepped up to every level that's been asked of him, at some point we just have to try him. With us being pretty much safe this is the best time to do so. If we started next season badly, he not not even get the 500 minutes having only just come back.

Tim Sherwood says the kids need to be playing as much senior football as possible. West Brom is great. Championship level fighting for promotion in front of 25k at home. We don't really have a system for him to slot into. Is he expected to be the messiah to give some potency back to our attack?

59 minutes ago, Dames said:

Very similar actually he was performing to a very similar level albiet in a worse team in Barnsley. His statistics for both seasons are similar, arguably you can say he scored more goals this season because he's playing in a better team.

I have extremely high hopes for the lad but if Puel didn't fancy him at the start of the season whats changed? Only thing for me is Diabate going on loan and needing cover.

I hope i'm wrong on all counts in this instance.

What's changed is, we no longer have Mahrez and he's seen for half a season that Gray isn't kicking on and Ghezzal is struggling to adapt to English football. It's all about options and right now we don't have any. Puel will have seen Barnes improve the way he takes games by the scruff of the neck at times, hence the comments about him being the complete player. That is incredible praise to be given by your manager.

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Tim Sherwood says the kids need to be playing as much senior football as possible. West Brom is great. Championship level fighting for promotion in front of 25k at home. We don't really have a system for him to slot into. Is he expected to be the messiah to give some potency back to our attack?

Expert manager Tim Sherwood?

He's 21 and already had a load of league football, if not now then when? Will next season be too early as well? At some point he has to be treated like any other players and fight for a place in the first team.

He'll fit fine into our system, he can play 10 or wide.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1