Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Barnes coming back

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Why recall him then? If we aren't intending on starting him we might as well have let him play for WBA and then recall him on Monday.

You make it sound like the options are either start him or don't even put him in the squad.

Chances are we're planning on benching him and bringing him on for the last 30 mins as a way to bed him in to the team/PL football. Given that we're playing a depleted Southampton side at home that approach could well give him a great platform to start off his PL career brightly.

4 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Why recall him then? If we aren't intending on starting him we might as well have let him play for WBA and then recall him on Monday.

As if another 90 mins for West Brom is going to make a difference. And if he gets game time tomorrow then every minute will be much more valuable than minutes for them. 

We have decided we need him, and that he is good enough now to come back. To have him get injured playing 'one last game' for WBA would be ridiculous.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Foxes Talk at its best lol

If we hadn't called him back it would have been, we've missed an opportunity and Claude is a clown for not taking a chance on a home grown talent who's been performing very well at WBA when we're crying out for some attacking flair.

Now its:

Big mistake/ too soon

Not fair on WBA  (FECK OFF ON THAT ONE)

He won't be played or make the bench

He's not had training sessions 

We as fans won't be patient with him/ expect too much 

Any of you want to be in Claudes shoes?

I know the experts on here know better, however , this could be the right time to blood another exciting home grown talent and let him develop and integrate into the team and have faith in the decision our club have made?  

Radical suggestion but how about seeing how things develop instead of looking for negatives and sticks to beat Claude with?

I’m all for it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Expert manager Tim Sherwood?

He's 21 and already had a load of league football, if not now then when? Will next season be too early as well? At some point he has to be treated like any other players and fight for a place in the first team.

He'll fit fine into our system, he can play 10 or wide.

sorry, i forgot that a foxestalk armchair pundit is more knowledgeable in player development than an actual academy director.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

All I’m saying is if he wasn’t our player and this was a new Jan signing, I’d be pretty chuffed... 

There's some pretty average defending in those clips. That said, he's got a nice burst of pace off the mark and is very direct. I think he will add something that neither Ghezzal/Gray or in fact Nacho can currently offer. Looking forward to seeing him run at some Saints defenders

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

All I’m saying is if he wasn’t our player and this was a new Jan signing, I’d be pretty chuffed... 

How refreshing to see someone able to make those runs with the ball but more importantly make the right decision at the end, something Gray fails at time and time again. 

I still think he will need to go up a level again to do well here, but there is no reason he shouldn't be given the same chances Gray has had in these next 17 games. 

Excited to see how he does, but I can certainly see a young player who makes very intelligent decisions when in attack, which is something we need. 

16 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

How refreshing to see someone able to make those runs with the ball but more importantly make the right decision at the end, something Gray fails at time and time again. 

I still think he will need to go up a level again to do well here, but there is no reason he shouldn't be given the same chances Gray has had in these next 17 games. 

Excited to see how he does, but I can certainly see a young player who makes very intelligent decisions when in attack, which is something we need. 

Agreed. Surely can't do much worse than Gray has done over the last 2 and a half seasons. 

I was previously of the mindset that keeping him at WBA would be the best thing for him.

Then I started to come round to the idea that bringing him back would get him up to speed with our own squad for next season.

Now, after Newport, I can't wait to see him in a Leicester shirt again. I hope Puel gives him some proper game time tomorrow and the rest of the season, otherwise recalling him would've been a waste of time.

My only concern is that he would've been absolutely loving it at West Brom. I imagine his long-term goal would be to play PL football with his home-town club but if he barely plays and we're not playing well or Puel isn't using him correctly, his confidence will soon wane.

Puel does have a good record with blooding young players though, so I'm hugely excited to see what difference Barnes can make to the side.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Because he's our player and he gives us a good attacking option because that's what we're missing. Why bloody leave it another three days.

No, my point is that we should be starting him, otherwise what's the point in recalling him one day before a match just to sit on the bench. In that case he might as well have played for WBA this weekend and came back to us on Monday.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Because he's our player and he gives us a good attacking option because that's what we're missing. Why bloody leave it another three days.

Well done on your 20,000 reputation points. :whistle:

Edited by Wymeswold fox