Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Barnes coming back

3 minutes ago, srbfox said:

Are we singing the Harvey Barnes/Baby Shark chant? 

Whoever posted this many months ago hats off to you and I will be singing it tomorrow for sure (subject to him playing of course)

Harvey Barnes, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Harvey Barnes!

Are we all just flying to Switzerland and checking into dignitas? 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, srbfox said:

Whoever posted this many months ago hats off to you and I will be singing it tomorrow for sure (subject to him playing of course)

Harvey Barnes!

Lol i always hear my 3 yeard old daughter singing this now its forever changed.

1 hour ago, srbfox said:

Harvey Barnes!

Oh my lol

1 hour ago, srbfox said:

Harvey Barnes!

That’s brilliant lol 

12 hours ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

Same, I want to him to stay there. I'm worried that he won't be able to just adapt and fit into the team and the fans will give him stick. But given our options currently we need him. Hope he does well. Good Luck boi.

I can't see the fans giving him stick. He's a local lad and still young, it's not like we've spent £20m and expect him to be the next Mahrez instantly. Sure, he'll get some negative comments on FT, but what member of the squad doesn't?

4 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

I can't see the fans giving him stick. He's a local lad and still young, it's not like we've spent £20m and expect him to be the next Mahrez instantly. Sure, he'll get some negative comments on FT, but what member of the squad doesn't?

Theres a myth that are fans get on players backs, but this is very rare at games unless you are incredibly crap and that's usually dependent on the price tag paid and the output received. 

Some players may get criticised on social media and on forums but in the ground I've not seen any visible or vocal disapproval to Gray, Chilwell, Choudhury, Maddison etc who are all young.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Theres a myth that are fans get on players backs, but this is very rare at games unless you are incredibly crap and that's usually dependent on the price tag paid and the output received. 

Some players may get criticised on social media and on forums but in the ground I've not seen any visible or vocal disapproval to Gray, Chilwell, Choudhury, Maddison etc who are all young.

ive heard vocal disapproval for gray several times. a few for chilwell/maddison and not really for choudhurry but hes relatively new to the first team.....

2 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

Albrighton hasn’t got great stamina and just pings balls over the top all the time. I like him, I like his work rate! But I don’t rate him to the levels all Leicester fans do 

He hasn't got great stamina but you like his work rate. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stadt said:

I keep seeing “everyone will get on his back if doesn’t score and assist loads of goals blah blah blah” look at the patience afforded to most players on here - it’s only just about now foxestalk has finally lost its patience with Gray and Iheanacho. I think most fans want Barnes to succeeed more than most players as he’s an academy graduate and Leicester fan 

Completely agree that this is getting blown ridiculously out of proportion. I do think some went in quite hard on Chilwell but in fairness he was costing us at times last year, remember him practically gifting Everton a win at home to us so it's not like the comments were based on him not ripping it up. The majority appreciated he does have talent but did have flaws to his game (which he did, nobody will tell me otherwise). He's developed at a really impressive rate this season.

Barnes isn't going to have ridiculous demands immediately. It's not like he's up against wingers who rip it up.

2 hours ago, srbfox said:

Harvey Barnes!

ill join in haha

2 hours ago, srbfox said:

Harvey Barnes!

Joe Dodoo is back!! 

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

If we are looking towards him being ready for us next season what's more beneficial? 500 minutes of football at a new level, with a new learning curve now... or another 1500 minutes at a level he's already clearly good enough for.

The lad has stepped up to every level that's been asked of him, at some point we just have to try him. With us being pretty much safe this is the best time to do so. If we started next season badly, he not not even get the 500 minutes having only just come back.

Amen. A chuffing Men. Could not agree more.

I'll admit to changing my mind. I initially thought he'd be better off seeing the season out with the Baggies, especially considering his development during his time there.

Now we find ourselves in a position where the narrative of many is 'season over'. If that's the case then we should treat from now until early August as one massive big pre season. Harvey gets some game time (as highlighted by @Babylon) under less pressure than if we had relegation worries. 

With that in mind there's surely no better time to bring one of the club's brightest prospects into a side who have nothing to play for.

(Disclaimer: apart from being in the Europa League huntlol)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, AKCJ said:

If he's coming back he should be starting every week.

Slightly pissed off that after tomorrow our run of fixtures are so bad. Fans will be judging him immediately.

Honestly don't see how this is a good decision when we've got nothing really to play for. 

Totally disagree with you, we can still get into Europe, bringing Harvey Barnes back is good idea he will bring a lot to the side