Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Barnes coming back

1 minute ago, RoboFox said:

Yeah, totally. Depends whether we had option in place. If it was a season-long loan without the option for recall then we would've had to pay out. Obviously all conjecture, though.

With us apparently having a recall in the Benkovic loan as well it seems like the club put them in any loan where they think the player could come back mid season if needed

1 minute ago, RoboFox said:

Yeah, totally. Depends whether we had option in place. If it was a season-long loan without the option for recall then we would've had to pay out. Obviously all conjecture, though.

The recall clause must be in place. Fa rules don't allow a recall from a season loan otherwise. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

don't know whether it's true or not but my wba supporting mate said his performances have dropped off for the last 3 or 4 games.

I think he's always been a bit up and down there, but that's pretty typical of a player of his age and experience. But the main thing that he has going for him is that even if he's having a bad game, he's still capable of finding a goal. Reminds me in that sense of another winger we had with us not so long ago... 

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

With us apparently having a recall in the Benkovic loan as well it seems like the club put them in any loan where they think the player could come back mid season if needed

Celtic should count there lucky stars that all our defenders are on fire.

I am so happy.

I just hope we all give him the time to develop. He looks like a gem and I think with time and nurturing he could be the real deal.

My main concern was him not getting minutes, but surely the powers that be wouldn't be recalling him unless he was going to get minutes. Probably too early for the Saints, but surely he should start from the next game.

Good luck Harvey. Everyone is rooting for you.

• Like 1

Mixed feelings 

he was doing really well today there and it was great for his development 

Howvever, I think he’s done enough to prove that he’s good enough for a tilt at the prem…. 

He’ll becoming Into a low pressure situation as we’re not realistically competing for anything and we’re pretty much safe…. A good a time as any to bed someone in, ready for 19/20

Edited by Wolfox

Just now, rachhere said:

I think he's always been a bit up and down there, but that's pretty typical of a player of his age and experience. But the main thing that he has going for him is that even if he's having a bad game, he's still capable of finding a goal. Reminds me in that sense of another winger we had with us not so long ago... 

Biggest thing that struck me was that he just kept trying to make things happen, quick ball, direct running, a quick shot or cross. Yes, lots didn't come off but he always kept plugging away and caused so many problems because he didn't give the defence time to settle.

Contrast that to Gray against Cardiff who seemed to want an extra 3 touches or 5 seconds of thinking time before he did anything, meaning he got caught or the defence got back to cover.

I expect mistakes from him, I'm not expecting the world or for him to hit the ground running. Just keep being positive and don't let your head drop.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Love that we have recalled him the day before a massive top of the table game for West Brom

A lot of West Brom fans kicking off at Puel for that on their forum

I don't blame them. It's hardly ideal preparation for our game either. Unless we have an injury from training it is a piss poor move by the club. 

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Well your WBA supporting mate won't mind then.

Don't get me wrong, i'd love him back here, but as others have suggested, he comes back as the new messiah and he has a few off games to start with, our lot will soon be putting the pressure on.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Harveys Highlights! The championship is too easy for him.

Weaknesses;

Passing

strength

workrate 

Could be describing Silva or Iborra there and we know how Claude rates them two. I think he’d have been better off staying away from this season. 

Slightly concerned that this has only happened because Diabate has left the club leaving us short of cover out wide. I'm slightly pessimistic and think the club have told Claude that nobody will be coming in this window and he has to make do with what he has/clear deadwood. Hence Barnes will be coming back and will probably only feature sporadically throughout the rest of the campaign as he will be back up to Ghezzal.

Hopefully i'm wrong and the lad kicks on but if its another half season of sitting around it will hamper his development and appetite to remain at Leicester.

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Slightly concerned that this has only happened because Diabate has left the club leaving us short of cover out wide. I'm slightly pessimistic and think the club have told Claude that nobody will be coming in this window and he has to make do with what he has/clear deadwood. Hence Barnes will be coming back and will probably only feature sporadically throughout the rest of the campaign as he will be back up to Ghezzal.

Hopefully i'm wrong and the lad kicks on but if its another half season of sitting around it will hamper his development and appetite to remain at Leicester.

Surely Barnes has got to be ahead of Ghezzal now?

Even my Nan could tell Ghezzal is currently lacking something and isn't PL standard.