Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Barnes coming back

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Obviously I hope he has come back to play for us.... but he's a very useful pawn in any potential Championship transfers we might be considering... :ph34r:

If your hinting at the Adams from Brum Barnes won't go. That would also piss him off and rightly so. 

• Like 1

Just now, lcfc278 said:

Surely Barnes has got to be ahead of Ghezzal now?

Even my Nan could tell Ghezzal is currently lacking something and isn't PL standard.

Puel clearly rates him and he scored against Newport so that gives Puel ammo to keep giving him chances.

2 minutes ago, les-tah said:

If we have recalled him back he should be chucked in the deep and and start.

Maybe in the squad for tomorrow? Surely he needs a week to train with the lads.

I do love that he's big, strong and fast with a good eye for goal. Could help us be more direct.

31 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If he's straight back I'd definitely throw him in to the starting line up tomorrow. Nothing to lose. And Southampton wouldn't have prepared for it.

Neither would he ......

take your point but I hope we prepare for games in a way that we can’t just throw someone in who hasn’t been part of the planning .... 

I was on the fence, but now it's happened I think it's the right call.

We're not going to splash out on a quality winger during the January window (finances tight & deadwood needs shifting, plus a difficult market) so get him integrated in the squad and get a proper look as he builds up to next season.

Barnes, Albrighton and Gray plus a quality signing in the summer- be well happy with that for wide options..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Shambolic planning that we're now on Friday and we could have had him in training all week before tomorrow's game.

It's not though is it? Plenty going on behind the scenes, whose say we haven't been trying to sign a winger this week and decided we can't? Whose to say WBA have been trying to find a replacement all week and now have? 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Love that we have recalled him the day before a massive top of the table game for West Brom

A lot of West Brom fans kicking off at Puel for that on their forum

It is a bit odd unless Puel is going to play him every game it would have been better to allow him to finish out the season and get as many minutes under his belt as possible 

6 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Maybe in the squad for tomorrow? Surely he needs a week to train with the lads.

I do love that he's big, strong and fast with a good eye for goal. Could help us be more direct.

hes not big by the way.. at all.

Think he has that bit of grit between his teeth that doesnt let him get bullied.

19 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Weaknesses;

Passing

strength

workrate 

Could be describing Silva or Iborra there and we know how Claude rates them two. I think he’d have been better off staying away from this season. 

Engage Brain.... He's not a centre mid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Shambolic planning that we're now on Friday and we could have had him in training all week before tomorrow's game.

Not sure, but perhaps that down to negotiations and contractual agreement  dates to leave clauses. I  don't think it's quite as simple as ringing up and telling the lad to pack his bags and come straight back home. Unless you can hand on heart say you know factually otherwise, I suggest you're just guessing and using it as an opportunity to bad mouth the club.

10 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Why is something always someones fault? We have no idea what discussions have been going on, or whether there are certain dates or stipulations.

• Like 1

I don't know what's going to happen any more than anyone else, but it seems pretty far-fetched to expect Barnes to start tomorrow (and even be in the reserves) when he'll have had zero opportunity to work with the squad.  It's a convenient pre-fab excuse to bash Puel when he isn't though.

This is a gut-wrenching thing for West Brom, and I do feel for them - but may main concern is that it's the best thing for the kid.  I hope it is, but either way I don't think we had much of a choice.

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

Not a decision I agree with as I don't see him getting enough minutes to justify disrupting his season again. Happy to be proven wrong.

we dont know what has been said behind the scenes though.. im sure barnes has been told he will get gametime 

30 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Harveys Highlights! The championship is too easy for him.

Only 2 mins in and his finishing is amazing. In the corner everytime and insane amounts of bend on the ball. Not to mention there's 3 absolute sitters missed by team mates so that assist figure could be so much higher.