Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Barnes coming back

Hyperventalating. Brb.

Seriously though. He's a young Championship level player. At WBA Gayle and Philips were more prolific. And Barnes has no defensive or back-tracking experience. But Barnes is young and--given minutes from manager and patience from the fans-- should improve past Gayle and Philips and become a very good player.

48 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

West Brom would've been compensated accordingly for breach of the loan agreement.

Get him in the first eleven tomorrow, let's see what he can do. Albrighton, Maddison and Barnes behind Jaymeh.

Surely it’s not a breach of a loan agreement a recall option would have been in the deal at the start

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think that is how it works

• Like 1

if we had a central midfielder that was technically very good and forward thinking that can break lines and was not super defensive and was capable of getting the ball to Maddison/Barnes/Albrighton/Gray quicker 7th place can be ours.

Edited by les-tah

6 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Not a decision I agree with as I don't see him getting enough minutes to justify disrupting his season again. Happy to be proven wrong.

Why would he not get the minutes? Our other options aren't pulling up any trees and we are stable enough in the league. This gives him nearly half a season to get used to the division but under less pressure than if he was starting in August. Puel has his faults but he has proven he can bring young players on at least. We have learnt that Barnes is more than good enough in the championship, we might as well learn about what he can do in our division before the Summer window.

31 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'd get the Xmas tree formation on the go... 

Kasper

Ricky        Evans         Morgan     Chilwell

Mendy     Ndidi       Hamza

Maddison      Barnes

Vardy

No idea why but Maguire went right out my head when I done this. Obviously him in place of Morgan. 

3 minutes ago, les-tah said:

if we had a central midfielder that was technically very good and forward thinking that can break lines and was not super defensive and was capable of getting the ball to Maddison/Barnes/Albrighton/Gray quicker 7th place can be ours.

If Silva goes off the books I'm sure we will look for them. Would make so much difference, they don't even need to be massively creative. Just good on the ball, composed and positive.

20 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Not sure, but perhaps that down to negotiations and contractual agreement  dates to leave clauses. I  don't think it's quite as simple as ringing up and telling the lad to pack his bags and come straight back home. Unless you can hand on heart say you know factually otherwise, I suggest you're just guessing and using it as an opportunity to bad mouth the club.

So if it is then let WBA play him tomorrow in their biggest game of the season so far and let the lad come back on monday morning to start properly.

Bringing him back on a day when he's presumably turned up to train at West Brom is poor planning and bad management IMO.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

So if it is then let WBA play him tomorrow in their biggest game of the season so far and let the lad come back on monday morning to start properly.

Bringing him back on a day when he's presumably turned up to train at West Brom is poor planning and bad management IMO.

Because Barnes only found out he was coming back this morning. Righto....

As for letting him play one last game after we've decided we need him to come back, what could possibly go wrong? And who would possibly have a proper benny about it if it did?

• Like 1

Am I the only one that thinks this may not be the greatest idea?

Does a few very good months at a top championship side warrant coming into a team going for 7th, or would it have been best for his development to stay at West Brom until the summer.

If say he didn't improve us, then it's a waste of 5 months.

5 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Do with him this year what we did with Chilwell last year. Chilwell wasn't better than Fuchs last year but we used the time to develop him. 

I agree completely. He may well make mistakes but he's got oodles of potential. Blood him now and get him up to standard and he could flourish like Chilwell did.

I would love us to finish 7th, but Barnes that is fulfilling his potential for next season alongside Madders, Gray and Albrighton is pretty exciting.

This "not going to get the minutes" stuff is even sillier than expecting Barnes to start tomorrow.  He's not being recalled to sit and not even Puel's most rabid haters could possibly contend he has a bias against young players.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Do with him this year what we did with Chilwell last year. Chilwell wasn't better than Fuchs last year but we used the time to develop him. 

agreed, if he gets the game time then people shouldn't have a problem with this as he looks like he could develop into a top player I'm sure he will get the time though if Puel wants him back as he does like to give them a chance, it would probably also allow our club to decide if we need to sell/buy players going into next season and possibly save them millions in the process.

So all in all if he gets the time its a good move.