Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Barnes coming back

Assuming we will cross the 40pts line sometime this season and in reality, its likely only 37 would be needed then there is the scope to give Barnes a long run in the team. He cannot do any worse than Grey, Natcho or Oka have this season so its potentially a big win for no loss.

Edited by Bazly

9 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

Am I the only one that thinks this may not be the greatest idea?

Does a few very good months at a top championship side warrant coming into a team going for 7th, or would it have been best for his development to stay at West Brom until the summer.

If say he didn't improve us, then it's a waste of 5 months.

As your use of the words 'might' and 'if' shows this is a judgement call, a fairly tight one which may have only been firmed up into a decision very recently.

The flip-side to your argument is he could have reached 'peak West Brom' and waste 5 months staying there. A call has to be made one way or the other, and there are good arguments for both. 

Edited by turtmcfly

I'm up for this, as long as he gets played and we don't expect the world from him on day one. 

Worth pointing out that despite his terrible inconsistency, Gray has still been handed 12 starts in our 21 league games so far. 

And in those 12 games, his contribution has been erm...two goals and one assist. 

So tbh if he's started more than half our league games, I'm hopeful Barnes will get a decent run even if he's inconsistent too... 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

If he's coming back he should be starting every week.

Slightly pissed off that after tomorrow our run of fixtures are so bad. Fans will be judging him immediately.

Honestly don't see how this is a good decision when we've got nothing really to play for. 

Europe?

13 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

Am I the only one that thinks this may not be the greatest idea?

Does a few very good months at a top championship side warrant coming into a team going for 7th, or would it have been best for his development to stay at West Brom until the summer.

If say he didn't improve us, then it's a waste of 5 months.

Maddison was signed for £24m based on a year at Norwich. Barnes is having as good, if not a better season than he did. Ok, it's only half a season, but don't forget what he did at Barnsley in the Championship last year. They were a struggling team and he scored half a dozen and assisted a similar amount in half a season before coming back to us. At every level so far, he's excelled at.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'd get the Xmas tree formation on the go... 

Kasper

Ricky        Evans         Morgan     Chilwell

Mendy     Ndidi       Hamza

Maddison      Barnes

Vardy

ahh the inverted christmas tree formation

Would like to see Barnes, Gray and Maddison as the three behind Vardy. I know everyone on here loves albrighton but I don’t personally his qualities suit the way we want to go. If we had a big forward in Solomon Rondon then albrighton is perfect but we don’t. Would prefer to see the younger players behind Vardy that can hopefully link up with Vardy making runs in and around the box and create some trouble for defenders rather than the standard albrighton cross to no one.

A great testament to what he’s done at WBA this year. Looking forward to seeing him, just hope we actually play him week in week out. Probably as Gray has been off the boil for a while now.

Met him in August, had an actual chat with him. Was a really nice guy and you could tell he had was a humble, down to earth lad

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'd get the Xmas tree formation on the go... 

Kasper

Ricky        Evans         Morgan     Chilwell

Mendy     Ndidi       Hamza

Maddison      Barnes

Vardy

Away from home or against top sides that could be a possibility. Tomorrow I'd have Albrighton back in, sometihng like this could do the trick against Saints :

Kaspar

Evans       Morgan       Maguire

Hamza            Mendy       

RicP                                             Chilly

Marc                           Maddison

Jimmy

Edited by bfox

If we're not going to play him tomorrow then it's a stupid time to recall him. So either:

- He plays for us tomorrow 

- There's a miscommunication and he's being recalled, but hasn't yet been recalled so will play one last game for WBA. 

- The recall option expires today and we took ages deciding on it, bit unfair to WBA.

4 minutes ago, FLAN said:

I’d say Claude wants players who can pass well wouldn’t you?  

He will want players who can pass well, but who are also physically up to the league, who can tackle and defend and who are mobile enough to cover for attacking full backs. Things Silva and Iborra are not.

• Like 1